• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas currently experiencing all the weather. All of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
CXMK2iAUEAApczg.jpg:large

Destructive tornadoes, flooding, ice, and blizzard conditions. All at the same time.

Holy shit nature, you crazy.

(My thoughts to anyone affected by the tornadoes. It really is terrible. Lots of destruction and some confirmed deaths as well.)

It's just god taking us to the eternal bliss of paradise.

Seriously though, its been goofy here in Dallas lately. I cant tell if Im going to need to turn on the AC or the heater at any time of day. In December. Ugh.

Kite

It's pretty warm in Houston atm.. 78F, I'm wearing a tanktop and considering turning on the A/C. This ain't normal, even for Texas. El Nino/global warming something is screwy.

Nanashrew

Banned
Arlington here. Rain just passed right by me for the most part. Dallas got the brunt of it though and there were confirmed touchdowns from tornadoes according to WFAA's Twitter.

Weather is just crazy here though.

Velcro Fly

My best friend has family that lives in Rowlett, which was trending on twitter up here in Chicago for a while. Scary as fuck what is going on out there now

Einhander

Illinois hasn't seen a single snowflake since we got briefly dumped on last month. It's been raining here every so often. Strange weather.

Here in Alabama the popular opinion on my Facebook feed is "haha! this crazy Alabama weather!" As if it's completely normal to have mass flooding and 80 degree weather on Christmas.

Folks are in some crazy denial about climate change.

Sitting here in Garland and just a few miles west of the tornado that hit Mesquite/Rockwall area. Every ten minutes the tornado warning got extended and I could hear the sirens going off. The electricity kept flickering when that storm cell passed over.

I'm ready to get back to winter weather. The house was up to 80 degrees today without the ac on.

Did the leaves on Christmas day. 80 F outside. Feels great, my hands aren't being fucked up by the cold weather like the usual.

It rained a little today. Now I'm hearing all this tornado shit? Heart goes out to the folks in Garland, glad Arlington didn't get hit.

It's weird where I am. Lighting off in the distance one minute, then partly cloudy skies the next, then it gets cloudy again. We're supposed to get hit hard with rain tomorrow. So we'll see what happens. Everyone stay safe.

Kunan

It's pretty warm in Houston atm.. 78F, I'm wearing a tanktop and considering turning on the A/C. This ain't normal, even for Texas. El Nino/global warming something is screwy.
We had to turn on the ac last night because its so warm and humid out.

Destructive tornadoes, flooding, ice, and blizzard conditions. All at the same time.
at first i thought this said destructive tomatoes

but yeah the weather is nuts, apparently we have had the warmest christmas on record, at least where I am and it has felt positively tropical for the last few days

Ihyll

Fort Worth here

Steady light rain and turning very cold

Weatherman on Fox 4 said we might see some snow tomorrow night

Tornados today
Snow tomorrow

Lol Texas weather

ExVicis

Can confirm OP's story. Currently in the Western part of Texas (El Paso) in the goddamn desert experiencing some goddamn Snow.

My girlfriend lives in Rowlett. I spent 3 hours stressing over whether she was okay or not. Luckily, she's fine though lots of property damage in her neighborhood.

Near San Angelo and in the seriously-no-one-lives-there areas farther west, there are severe thunderstorm warnings in the same places that winter storm warnings begin in less than 8 hours. The geographical gap between tornado watch and winter storm warning north of Austin is only 1 county wide. Can in all honesty say I've never seen such tight contrasts in such a small area over such a small period of time.
cry more
literally nothing to do with the discussion
There are even more types of winter weather warnings in Oklahoma currently then Texas. We can talk about those, if you'd prefer!

pirata

We just had a few minutes of rain here just north of Austin; still t-shirt and shorts weather. However, the storm will probably hit us soon, and it's expected to drop 50 degrees over the course of the next week. This is the weirdest December I've ever experienced weatherwise. The tornado warning stops one county to the north of us, so I hope things don't get too bad tonight, but it still could get dicey...they say there could even be snow in the Hill Country.

Guys I am in Garland. I heard the fucking tornado pass through. Turns out the touchdown was about 15 minutes away from me. Texas weather can be scary.

Rayis

Texas is so large it basically has the 4 seasons going on at once, I'm in the warm zone with a temperature in the 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom