• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Zelda announcement soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Got a screenshot right here guys!

hqdefault.jpg

NateDrake

So, if I read this right, they have a video that they won't share that shows random stuff of some Zelda game and they think it hints at a Spring release of Zelda Wii U?

RK128

Rumor #1: Nintendo is working on some kind of Zelda anthology for the 30th anniversary
Rumor #2: Zelda Wii U will release in Spring 2016
Rumor #3: Nintendo is producing a Zelda video to generate hype amongst various generations of gamers

The anthology collection seems odd, considering we are getting two Zelda games early in the year already (Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends) and the rumor stating that Zelda Wii U releases in Spring 2016 is thrown out the window considering it would conflict with the releases of Pokken and Star Fox Zero.

I could see the third rumor being true and it being a teaser for the rumored Netflix Zelda show. Could hype people up for the 306h Anniversary and push the brand in general.

AdanVC

Yeah right... I honestly don't expect anything Zelda U related until E3. It fucking sucks but that's what it is.

DarkFlame

Banned
An Anthology collection would be amazing to be honest,what a greater way to pave the way for the new Zelda than a complete package of the previous games remastered

Regardless if this is true or not, shouldn't we be expecting Zelda news sometime soon anyway? I mean, if this game is really coming out 2016, Nintendo should be talking about it in detail well before release

Chaos17

An Anthology collection would be amazing to be honest,what a greater way to pave the way for the new Zelda than a complete package of the previous games remastered

Well, next year is gonna be the 30th anniversazy of the franchise, so why not ?

Why make it a big deal to tell people that your game is cancelled, the company is going bankrupt and all your assets are being liquidated.

udivision

They should post a screenshot if they're afraid... but for some reason even though they apparently have the direct footage it would be an off-screen picture taken by a potato, that is not centered because monitors don't stay still.

The article sure makes it sound like the fakiest fake that ever faked.

"The title of the video is “First Draft”" - that there is sign #1 that it's fake, real people don't name videos things like that when in production. What, are they going to keep renaming the file whenever they make a change? I put this at the same level of reality as a picture of a PowerPoint presentation that says "Confidential Material".

Sterok

Is there anybody that actually believes Zelda U won't be released on NX too?

I mean, I'm leaning towards it being a cross-gen release myself, but there are enough unknowns that I'm not 100% of it yet. However, each home console has been able to play all previous 3D Zeldas without exception, so Zelda U will certainly be playable on NX at some point

Oh, and this rumor is lol-worthy. Not sure why any of it would be considered credible.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The article sure makes it sound like the fakiest fake that ever faked.

"The title of the video is “First Draft”" - that there is sign #1 that it's fake, real people don't name videos things like that when in production. What, are they going to keep renaming the file whenever they make a change? I put this at the same level of reality as a picture of a PowerPoint presentation that says "Confidential Material".

Yup. Every first pass I've ever put up or watched for notes has had either no distinguishing description of that nature or "v1" in the filename. Nobody titles anything "First Draft."

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The overworld is bigger then Skyrim, and the graphics are realer then real life. Rated M for mature

mdtauk

Sounds like a 30th Anniversary promotional video/advert for the series coupled with a possible release date for the new game.

I wonder what the possibility is of a TV Show/Movie announcement coming soon. It has been rumoured one was coming. 30th Anniversary seems a good time for it.

jnWake

A Zelda anthology would be so weird considering this generation we got WWHD, TPHD, OoT3D and MM3D. It's clear Nintendo knows a single remake has a lot of value so releasing an anthology makes no sense.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Nintendo's going to make a 10 million dollar ad for a game that'll sell 3 million copies.

Neiteio

Nintendo's going to make a 10 million dollar ad for a game that'll sell 3 million copies.
To be fair:

If it's a catch-all anniversary ad, it would be advertising several games: Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, and Zelda WiiU.

And who knows what else.

We live in a time where the Symphony of the Goddesses performed on Colbert. Anything can happen!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Exactly. Despite all the Zelda projects currently in the works, only Zelda Wii U is exciting (a a remaster and a port are not attention-grabbing). I can't even argue that one big ad that's advertising all three of those games makes sense, since that seems like a lot of wasted energy for systems in their twilight years and for two games that won't look that appealing on someone's HDTV. I only see this making any sense if they were advertising a game for a new system where the potential has yet to be decided OR if the rumored Zelda series is real and Netflix or Amazon is paying part of the advertising costs.

NolbertoS

All right, all aboard the Nintendohypetrain.gif lets do this. A zelda collectors isn'g out of the question. Zelda GC collection had all Zelda games to date, minus LTTP. I'll double dip Zelda Wii U and NX once they're both available.

Diffense

Yeah right... I honestly don't expect anything Zelda U related until E3. It fucking sucks but that's what it is.

Sad but true.

Zelda TP HD will not be out until March 2016 so, assuming they won't release two Zelda games too near to each other, the *earliest* we're getting Zelda U is the end of 2016. I wouldn't expect them to draw attention away from TP HD until after its release so if they're going to wait until after March to share Zelda U info they might as well wait until E3.

Hopefully the wait will be worthwhile. I would love:
1) Zelda MM style NPCs with routines that you can learn about and interact with
2) Optional multiplayer features that add to the replay value
3) The rest of Zelda stuff I know we'll get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom