• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo Targeting 60fps for Ni-Oh

DKHF

Koei Tecmo's CEO Kou Shibusawa mentioned it in a new interview:

Shibusawa then went on to talk about Ni-Oh first announced at E3 2005 more than 10 years ago. Since then they have remade the game from scratch 2 times with this being the third iteration and he hopes that third time is the charm! They’ve also finalised the concept theme to be “Sengoku Dark Fantasy”. The game is being developed exclusively for Sony’s PlayStation 4 from the ground up and is being optimised for 1080p, 60fps.

Source: https://zhugeex.com/2016/01/interview-with-koei-tecmo-ceo-past-present-future/

I'm playing Yakuza Ishin on PS4 and it's been AGES since I played an hack'n'slash/ Character Action at 60 fps and I can't believe how each second of gameplay is a bliss so yeah, very good news

Exclusively for PS4 it says. That Console Exclusive tag sure is confusing.

Also I could've sworn the game was announced to be 60fps ages ago?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That isn't news. Team Ninja have only done 60fps titles to start, without mentioning the fact that they already confirmed this months ago.

And they are one of the devs you can point to as an example of there not being any correlation between frame-rate/resolution and hardware if one is developing a game.

It depends on what the developer decides from the beginning of development. If they as devs really want a 60fps title, they will make a game design which caters to that from the beginning.

AAK

I'll probably lose interest if it isn't 60 fps and they decide to drop it to 30 like Bloodborne.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Shibusawa then went on to talk about Ni-Oh first announced at E3 2005 more than 10 years ago. Since then they have remade the game from scratch 2 times with this being the third iteration and he hopes that third time is the charm! They’ve also finalised the concept theme to be “Sengoku Dark Fantasy”. The game is being developed exclusively for Sony’s PlayStation 4 from the ground up and is being optimised for 1080p, 60fps.

From scratch, twice? Goddamn.

Well I don't remember what the initial reveal looked like but this here is looking good. Bloodborne was a pleasant surprise for me and my first foray into Souls games, and from what I'm seeing here, its reminiscent of that. Add in samurai and oni and possibly ninjas and shit? I'm in

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder if they'll follow through on that when both Naughty Dog and 343 backtracked on that pretty quickly.

Many developers are not committed 100% to reigning in their ambition. If they want to go further in design and need the render time to do that, they aren't going to stick to 60fps as a design choice. Not to say 343 went back on that, isn't halo 5 60fps? What we have in Halo 5 now is the result

There are plenty of devs who will sacrifice ambition for 60fps though, fighting games do it without a care.

I'll probably lose interest if it isn't 60 fps and they decide to drop it to 30 like Bloodborne.

They didn't decide to drop it to 30. It was always 30 during development, and they never deviated from 30 to begin with. On console, From has always mostly done 30fps game unless they just had that much leeway like in the Dark Souls 2 remaster.

Team Ninja have always done 60 games and have always based their game designs from the start on that. Its no different from what many Nintendo developers do. Its not some magical thing,

Vitor711

Wait - I remember this game from a magazine entry back when it was announced, next to a spread on Ninja Gaiden Black and some Onimusha game. Can't believe it's still alive.

I wonder if they'll follow through on that when both Naughty Dog and 343 backtracked on that pretty quickly.

ufdup.png

farisr

The only thing 343 backtracked on was splitscreen (yes, there was a short period of time where they said splitscreen would be in). Them not backtracking on 60fps is the reason why splitscreen didn't make it in.

That isn't news. Team Ninja have only done 60fps titles to start, without mentioning the fact that they already confirmed this months ago.

except 30fps DOAX2, unstable 60 in NG2 360 and NG3 is all over the place depending on version, so i'll believe this when I see it.

Original Xbox gen TN was reliable for that though, sure.

Top Bottom