• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo Targeting 60fps for Ni-Oh

those are just the words of some blogger

GBN0DkT.jpg

Zhuge says "it is indeed from the press release and not just something I made up"

They probably wouldn't do it, but if Koei Tecmo decide to release this game in April as well, I would most likely choose this over DS3.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
GBN0DkT.jpg

Zhuge says "it is indeed from the press release and not just something I made up"

s0rwlVo.png

that press release is from the PS experience, where it was announced on stage as a console exclusive. guess we'll see, but if it's gonna be 60 fps on ps4 then I care way less about a pc version.

Grief.exe

This is a confusing situation.

• Ni-oh was initially announced at TGS as a full PS4 exclusive, but that's an audience where a PC game is essentially irrelevant.
  • All the media out of PSX showed a console-exclusive to PS4, which historical precedent would dictate has a strong chance of ending up on PC.
Personally, I'm going to wait and see on this one as there is no large set of evidence to push this in either direction. I will ask, does Sony have any involvement in the ownership of this IP?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I really hope they hit their 60fps solid target with this. Cause this game already looks dope as fuck. Have you even seen that sword glimmer in the moonlight!? So godlike.

I wonder if they'll follow through on that when both Naughty Dog and 343 backtracked on that pretty quickly.

Nah. It will be 60fps. Just expect slowdowns at points.

• Ni-oh was initially announced at TGS as a full PS4 exclusive, but that's an audience where a PC game is essentially irrelevant.
  • All the media out of PSX showed a console-exclusive to PS4, which historical precedent would dictate has a strong chance of ending up on PC.
Personally, I'm going to wait and see on this one as there is no large set of evidence to push this in either direction. I will ask, does Sony have any involvement in the ownership of this IP?

I wouldnt expect a PC port anytime soon considering team Ninjas attitude towards PC. The door is open, but it may come years later.

Team Ninja getting back to basics. Wishing so much that it is indeed 60Hz.

I will ask, does Sony have any involvement in the ownership of this IP?

I'd be surprised if Tecmo let's go any IP of theirs. They might work on third/first party licenses but losing something they created ? Hasn't happened before AFAIK.

Yazzees

Nice to see the rumblings of portbegging only one page into the thread.

Anyways, kinda annoyed by all the Souls comparisons. Haven't people played Onimusha too?
The Geralt comparison DOES hit me though.

Cool. Whenever Nioh news pops up I get excited. C'mon summer 2016.

This game appeals to me.

Need something to move onto after my mastery of Devil's Third.
I gotta ask, do you actually like that game or just ironically like it. I watched a full playthrough of it and it looked rough as hell. The snipping look especially terrible.

Nice to see the rumblings of portbegging only one page into the thread.

Anyways, kinda annoyed by all the Souls comparisons. Haven't people played Onimusha too?
The Geralt comparison DOES hit me though.

I totally got some sweet onimusha flashbacks watching the psx trailer. It does have that souls vibe too though. Both are great stuff, so my wallet must prepare to bleed yet again :(

Guymelef

You forgot another point.
After PSX KT website was updated with this.
GBN0DkT.jpg

thelastword

Banned
Stable 30fps is fine, I prefer that to an unstable 60fps.

but I'm just a peasant :(
For this type of game, 60 should always be the target.

VolticArchangel said:
Team Ninja getting back to basics. Wishing so much that it is indeed 60Hz.
I don't remember a mainstream action_slasher from team Ninja that was not 60fps, that has always been how they did their sword action games.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
except 30fps DOAX2, unstable 60 in NG2 360 and NG3 is all over the place depending on version, so i'll believe this when I see it.

Original Xbox gen TN was reliable for that though, sure.

DOAX2 i'll give you, however "unstable 60fps" means nothing. If we're going that route, a majority of 60fps titles on console are not considered 60fps according to you because they are 'unstable', including many Platinum games and Call of duty.

There far more 60fps games that drop in that manner than there are that don't.

or Xbox 360 or PS3 or Wii U. strange how this "Team Ninja = 60fps" myth is still going.

There is no myth, 99% of their games are what console gamers would consider 60fps. If you only consider games that are stable and don't drop to be 60, there arent that many out there.

I don't remember a mainstream action_slasher from team Ninja that was not 60fps,

Pretty much what I meant with them going to basics but the general perception among TN fans were that they were aiming for 30 since its an ARPG and not entirely after the pace/depth/moveset of a traditional action game like NG. Even more so recently after P+ opting for a locked 30Hz for Scalebound.

But this is so good to hear and dearly hope that they stick with their defacto standard even if it means drops like NG's in intensive scenes (explosions/number of on-screen characters etc). Also, since this is running on their in-house game engine as usual, more reasons to look forward to 60.

mcz117chief

This is on my 3rd/4th place for the most anticipated game of the year, I can't wait for it. 60 fps just makes it all that much sweeter.

Jabba

Banned
I'm playing Yakuza Ishin on PS4 and it's been AGES since I played an hack'n'slash/ Character Action at 60 fps and I can't believe how each second of gameplay is a bliss so yeah, very good news

Imported or is it out in the west?
My bad or Japanese version?

Mentok

Banned
So many 1080p 60fps games coming this year. Nier Automata is another one

Seriously, this is the year that will break my wallet. All these JP titles coming west, I just can't handle it!!

EDIT: Assuming these titles release internationally this year.

Imported or is it out in the west?
My bad or Japanese version?

japanese import of course. The game will never get localized. But there is an amazing in deph guide for about everything the game has to offer (story, substories, every mechanics, mini games, side content, abilities, progression, weapons, crafting, anything you name it)

it overwelming to play such a thick game with so many systems and items and with such intricated progression (crafting is very much tied to how much side stuff you do, to get enough money or material for exemple) and it's very time consuming and brain demanding to play with half a dozen tab of guide to play but the game is drop dead gorgeous and fun.

TreIII

After like 10 years of dev hell, it'll be great to finally be able to play this title. Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be there Day 1. Maybe buy the JP Treasure Box, if it has some nice goodies.

Top Bottom