• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe getting the 2DS bundles for Pokémon Red / Blue / Yellow

L~A

Just announced via Twitter:

CYhzZeEWwAEoZZ0.png:orig

Arriving on 27/02, these 2DS bundles include a pre-installed Virtual Console version of #Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow

Also includes some stickers and the Nintendo 3DS Theme(s), it seems!

NA gets this:

(via Serebii)

Jackano

What year is this?

Edit: It's an awful bundle for any buyer who would expect to offer a more modern game for their kids and don't know.

entremet

Where's the superior green 2DS?

Shibata you fucked up.

Not happening as that ROM wasn't translated. The translation was based on Blue version of the Japanese game, which is the basis for the international R/B.

Getting that translation wasn't an easy feat due to the tiny amount memory available on the GB.

Besides those sprites are horrendous.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Edit: It's an awful bundle for any buyer who would expect to offer a more modern game for their kids and don't know.

It is a strange release. The games really only appeal to adults who played them back in the day as the later Pokémon titles have improved on them entirely, but the 2DS positions itself as the system for kids. Neat for Pokémon collectors I guess.

Anth0ny

NA bundle is ass.

Might need to grab that European blue and yellow 2ds. Already pre ordered red and green from Japan.

Jackano

It is a strange release. The games really only appeal to adults who played them back in the day as the later Pokémon titles have improved on them entirely, but the 2DS positions itself as the system for kids. Neat for Pokémon collectors I guess.

Well even for Pokémon collectors the 2DS's don't have anything special.
There was some cool things at some point liek this:

game_boy_advance.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
The Kid side of me is saying "I WANT IT I WANT I WANT IT!!!!!"

but my grown up adult side is saying "we already have a 3DS and the original cart so we don't need it."

But are we getting these?!

CYh0HViWYAAVhNM.jpg:large

I hope that Europe gets the faceplate and that the Nintendo NX uses the face plate.

I'm not even sure what the big deal is over a Red & Blue VC release when when have Fire Red & Leaf Green out there. Red & Blue are just arduous and slow to play.

entremet

NA bundle is ass.

Might need to grab that European blue and yellow 2ds. Already pre ordered red and green from Japan.
How so?

It's a new 3ds, so you get faster menus and analog numb and better performance with some games like MH.

Top Bottom