• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon is getting a JP Drama series

Draugoth

Gold Member
fill-your-pockets-with-adventure-1280x720.jpg

As detailed on the TV Tokyo website (via Serebii and Nintendo Life), the show’s title roughly translates to Fill Your Pockets With Adventure, and will start airing on TV Tokyo every Thursday from October 19.

The show follows Madoka Agaki, a university graduate from a small port town who decides to quit her job at a seafood manufacturer and moves to Tokyo to join a small advertising agency called ADventure.

Although she used to dream about living in Tokyo, once she gets there Madoka soon realises everyday life isn’t what she expected, and she starts to stress when she takes on a presentation that could result in the fate of her company resting in her hands.

Then Madoka receives a package from her mother, containing the Game Boy Pocket and copy of Pokémon Red she used to play as a child. She starts playing the game and realises it contains something that’s important in life.

The show is billed as the world’s first ‘Pokémon human drama’, in which the main character grows through their experiences playing Pokémon.

Pallas

Wonder if Netflix will try to localize this like it has with a lot of Korean and Japanese series.

Trogdor1123

I wonder if they will finally kill or support the post ww3 theory?

I assume they will just ignore it (assuming it hasn’t actually been solved already)

Tams

It's about Pokemon Red but the pic has a gray cartridge, cool so she played other GB games too

1011801156.jpg

Also fun, Japanese women discussing the first gen games:

BlackTron

1011801156.jpg

Also fun, Japanese women discussing the first gen games:

That's cool and all but, I don't know Japanese

Tams

That's cool and all but, I don't know Japanese

You can see the Japanese Pokémon Green cart right there.

The Japanese website is just some on topic fun. Complaining about it not being in a language you understand in this day and age is silly.

Top Bottom