• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Operation Darkness Site Updated

icecream

Public Health Threat
Here

System and Characters page updated.

I couldn't find a thread for it so...

ss_009.jpg

Jonnyram

Yeah, this game is weird. When I first saw it, I thought Japanese Call of Duty... and ignored it.
But then I realised it's an SRPG... WTF. I am intrigued.

it almost looks like it could be fun. nazis and everything.

someone translate!

i babelfished it:

The prayer relates to Hitler assassination incident as one member of the English troop special airborne troops which are established from accidentally in the World War II. Besides the fact that with the aggressive part equipment and the soldier etc. of existence appear, when the atomic bomb which the German troop in the great war has produced on the secret reverse side has completed? Because and so on "if" is included, the sense of urgency where historical fact and fiction are complicated the story which overflows bodily sensation it is possible.

duckroll

You can see a short bit of footage in the game from the MS Conference trailer reel. I've covered this in the 2-3 other threads I posted about this game during TGS, but it was playable at TGS in the MS Booth, and no one seems to have taken notice of it at all. It's alternate history WW2 btw, with fantasy elements like werewolf nazis and magical powered SAS elites. Yes, it's still grounded in "reality" when it comes to the settings and weapons, but it's also kinda like Shadow Hearts.

PhatSaqs

Banned
duckroll said:
You can see a short bit of footage in the game from the MS Conference trailer reel. I've covered this in the 2-3 other threads I posted about this game during TGS, but it was playable at TGS in the MS Booth, and no one seems to have taken notice of it at all. It's alternate history WW2 btw, with fantasy elements like werewolf nazis and magical powered SAS elites. Yes, it's still grounded in "reality" when it comes to the settings and weapons, but it's also kinda like Shadow Hearts.
Sounds cool.

Gotta link to the MS reel?

Orodreth

duckroll said:
No... its not. :(

I think i downloaded it from there ( maybe i´m mistaken it with one from xboxyde ).
And there is also a video where the chick goes kiosk by kiosk showing every game in the microsoft booth.

duckroll

Orodreth said:
I think i downloaded it from there ( maybe i´m mistaken it with one from xboxyde ).

The trailer reel is cut out in the Presentation video on Live.

And there is also a video where the chick goes kiosk by kiosk showing every game in the microsoft booth.

Yeah that's the one on the second day. You can see a short 2 second off-screen shot of someone moving a unit. :lol

duckroll

icecream said:
IGN has a trailer.

Whoa, that looked great. Thanks. Weapons have range, as well as line of sight. You can also apparently target individual parts of vehicles or people. Looks great. Put the trailer up in 720p on Live damnit MS! Or better yet, put the demo on Live! :p

icecream

Public Health Threat
I really like how this game is turning out. Hopefully it'll do well enough to motivate Success Corp. to do another Bistro Cupid. >_>

Orodreth

duckroll said:
Yeah that's the one on the second day. You can see a short 2 second off-screen shot of someone moving a unit. :lol

What i found funny was that they recorded a lot of the kiosk when there was noone playing :lol

Nevertheless i have enjoyed those videos. Being marketing and all they were amusing even for one that doesnt know japanese. At least i understood in the last one that she thought Viva Piñata is kawai and the Blue Dragon figurines looked great.

Jonnyram

I'm actually looking forward to this. Success must value it greatly considering they sacrificed three other projects so that this could continue. It looks like a very interesting mix of styles with a decent SRPG base.

Speevy

Banned
So is this a trend? Adding vampires to established genres?

Because I'm itching for some vampire soccer. Maybe a Sensible World of Vampire Soccer

Orlics

That box art isn't too bad.

From the screens and such it looks like the game was allocated only enough resources in tune with their sales expectations; i.e. they know only hardcore otaku people in Japan will buy this. Which makes sense business-wise.

Top Bottom