• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT2| June 12: Judgment Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
GkSJz3f.png

Rules
  • No scans.
  • Discussion of manga content that has not happened in the anime as well as descriptions of upcoming episodes found in Japanese magazines must be in spoiler tags.
  • No linking to sites where you can "unofficially" watch the show.

Dragon Ball Super is finally moving into new territory, so let's celebrate with the new OT!

On January 24th the first episode of the Champa Arc will air in Japan. This arc will cover "The Universe 6 and 7 Gods of Destruction Selection Martial Arts Competition". Five fighters have been chosen by Beerus to face off against five fighters from Universe 6 selected by Champa, the God of Destruction of Universe 6. Will this tournament go off without a hitch, or does Champa have something sinister in store? All we know for certain is that many fights are in store!

The Champa arc is written by Akira Toriyama along with tons of new characters designed by him!

The Universe 7 Team
2qPi1ej.png
7cFhVZJ.png
7nFZDYB.png

EKf9nuR.png
lrrDYR1.png

This team consists of familiar faces, with the exception of one, Monaka. Monaka was hand picked by Beerus because
they fought many years ago and Monaka manged to give Beerus a hard time, he was even stronger than Super Saiyan God Goku!

The Universe 6 Team
4ruYMfb.png
BRXaFHz.png
sdrehiv.png

v1MocuG.png
pMnJAi3.png

From top left to bottom right their names are Hit, Cabba, Frost, Botamo and Magetta. If you are interested in learning a bit more about them here are some descriptions straight from V-Jump.
Hit: With his cool outfit, which looks like he's wearing a long coat, there's no doubt he's a warrior!! There's a dangerous feel to the name "Hit"...
Frost: If you thought "Hm!? This looks like...!!", then you're absolutely right. This is the emperor of the 6th Universe, he seems like he's hiding something!! Which means, is this his 1st form!?
Cabba: There are Saiyans in the 6th Universe as well. Cabba is one of them!! It seems their battle suit is vastly different from the ones Vegeta and the Saiyans of the 7th Universe have. So, what is "his" true strength? <- They don't use gender pronouns when talking about Cabba.
Magetta: He has smoke coming out of his head and has something burning in his body!! He seems like a robot but, actually, he's an alien from a species called "Metalman". What techniques does he use!?
Botamo: From Botamo, at first glance, we can see he looks like a bear and is very proud of his strength!! What is currently known about him is that all his body is glossy and hairless!!

FAQ
Q: What if I haven't watched Super up to this point, can I jump in here?
A: Absolutely, while there was some new content the first 27 episodes primarily just retold the films "Battle of Gods" and "Resurrection F", if you've seen those two films you'll be just fine!

Q: Wait, who are those opposite of Beerus and Whis in the poster?
A: That is Champa, the God of Destruction of Universe 6 and his attendant, Vados.
Champa is Beerus's twin brother and Vados is Whis's older sister. At the time of writing this is is unclear what Champa's power is compared to Beerus, but Vados jokes that he is weaker than Beerus citing his appearance. Similarly it is not entirely clear how strong Vados is compared to Whis, Vados claims to be stronger but Whis says he's not so sure.

Q: So what's this about Universe 6 and 7?
A: There are 12 Universes in all, the one with Goku and company is Universe 7. Each Universe is paired with another Universe based on the number, all paired Universes add up to the number 13. Paired universes contain many of the same races and planets but despite this they are vastly different.

Q: How can I watch the show?
A: Sadly there is no simulcast and I can't link you to where you can watch it, you'll have to find it on your own. There are a handful of groups subbing the show, but be warned that all but one of these groups do a poor job and mistranslate and misinterpret many things every episode.

Q: When is the Funimation dub starting?
A: The show has been very quiet outside of Japan so nobody can say for sure. All we know is that there are currently plans to air the show in Korea and Europe by the end of the year and there will be an English dub produced specifically for Asia airing later this year. As soon as Funimation announces their dub you can be sure news will spread fast.

Q: What's this about Gohan now?
A: In the retelling of the F arc some things where changed. Gohan was not taken out with one punch from Freeza like he was in the film, instead he was tortured by having his body pierced may times with Death Beams from Freeza. As Freeza was firing the killing blow Piccolo jumped in front of it to save Gohan, dying in the process. Gohan laments that if he had just kept up with his training like his father and Vegeta none of this would have happened.
After Freeza was defeated Gohan rushes home and hugs his wife and daughter and promises to protect them "No matter what!"
Later at a celebration for their victory Gohan approaches the freshly revived Piccolo and apologizes for what happened and tells him that this had made him realize that he needs to become stronger to protect those he loves and then asks Piccolo to retrain him. Piccolo agrees, but tells Gohan that his training won't be easy, but Gohan is determined.

The first episode of the new arc is number 28 and its title is:

• &#31532;&#65302;&#23431;&#23449;&#12398;&#30772;&#22730;&#31070;&#12288;&#12381;&#12398;&#21517;&#12399;&#12471;&#12515;&#12531;&#12497;
  • The 6th Universe’s God of Destruction — His Name’s Champa

T0sEhRx.png
eMxnNAv.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We in here. Nice OP.

Universe 6 is the most interesting Dragon Ball content since the Freeza arc, from a world building standpoint.

We in here. Nice OP.

Universe 6 is the most interesting Dragon Ball content since the Freeza arc, from a world building standpoint.

They've done a surprising amount of world building for Universe 6 already, and with very few words. I'm excited for them to explore it more in the future!

EDIT: Damn it, I formatted the the images based on the preview not thinking about the user name section so now the last fighter on each team is on a different line... lol.
It's my first time doing an OT...

For a second there thought DBZgaf assassinated like wrestlegaf, didn't realize first OT was close to max, nice OT....

2016 year of Gohan...
LMAO

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't followed the thread for the last two weeks or so, the fuck did I miss. Watched episode 26 and 27 today.

Q: What's this about Gohan now?
A: In the retelling of the F arc some things where changed. Gohan was not taken out with one punch from Freeza like he was in the film, instead he was tortured by having his body pierced may times with Death Beams from Freeza. As Freeza was firing the killing blow Piccolo jumped in front of it to save Gohan, dying in the process. Gohan laments that if he had just kept up with his training like his father and Vegeta none of this would have happened.
After Freeza was defeated Gohan rushes home and hugs his wife and daughter and promises to protect them "No matter what!"
Later at a celebration for their victory Gohan approaches the freshly revived Piccolo and apologizes for what happened and tells him that this had made him realize that he needs to become stronger to protect those he loves and then asks Piccolo to retrain him. Piccolo agrees, but tells Gohan that his training won't be easy, but Gohan is determined.

I love Gohan but didn't believe, team non-believer. Crow? With all the pleasure. Gimme an avatar. Also, he still not going to the tournament but Buu is?
the fucking disrespect

Blobbers

The real Dragon Ball Super starts now. I'm so excited that I don't know a single spoiler from manga and scans. Here's hoping for a great arc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Raynes

Better than whatever that thing is

No it's not. At least AF designs look like they fit in with the art style.

lrrDYR1.png

This thing look like it came out of Aqua Teen Hunger Force

v1MocuG.png

This thing looks like it came from Sonic

pMnJAi3.png

And here is a Megaman level 1 boss

The others are a Cooler lookalike, a bored looking kid Vegeta and a Frieza pallet swap.

SolVanderlyn

Magetta is the best design in a long time. Especially like how he looks like a robot but is actually a metal-looking alien.

No it's not. At least AF designs look like they fit in with the art style.

lrrDYR1.png

This thing look like it came out of Aqua Teen Hunger Force

v1MocuG.png

This thing looks like it came from Sonic

pMnJAi3.png

And here is a Megaman level 1 boss

The others are a Cooler lookalike, a bored looking kid Vegeta and a Frieza pallet swap.

The AF SSJ5 design is so not Toriyama it hurts. All five of these new characters feel distinctly Toriyama. I don't know how Hit looks like Cooler other than his skin color, if anything he's most visually similar to Piccolo. As for Frost he looks similar to Freeza because he's the same race, but has some very obvious differences.

kewlmyc

Probably jumping back in here now that they're past the poorly animated movie retellings. Please tell me the 3 stooges have been removed from the story.

Russ T

Banned
The AF SSJ5 design is so not Toriyama it hurts. All five of these new characters feel distinctly Toriyama. I don't know how Hit looks like Cooler other than his skin color, if anything he's most visually similar to Piccolo. As for Frost he looks similar to Freeza because he's the same race, but has some very obvious differences.

Yep, these new designs fit right in with characters seen all throughout the Dragon Ball series. Admittedly skewed more toward the pre-Z stuff, but I'm okay with that, because pre-Z is best DB!

Slaythe

If Monaka is stronger than SSG, the Piccolo is easily the weakest on that team, which sucks since he's my favorite character.

He better get some sort of power up this series.

The easy solution is to simply have one of the character have a special ability. Goku the moron would lose to it and Piccolo would win with his wits.

If you're expecting super namekian god, it's not happening.

You'll probably have to wait until a possible time skip to after the end of Z for that.

But kid Trunks from the tapion movie was great =( .

And hell we could get teen trunks and goten before we reach Z ending =( ...

Kusagari

This is Dragonball so it won't happen but I'd love if the random ass bear or Mega Man Boss ended up being the strongest one from their universe.

Heroman

Banned
So let say I want to watch this new arc but dont want to watch the redone beerus or Frieza arc, what do I need to know and where to start?

FZZ

Banned
Gohan is going to be the new god of destruction after he kills Beerus and his brother from rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom