• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom under Fire:Circle of Doom Famitsu scans

Oh crap, is this a RPG? So I guess we're not getting a Action-RTS afterall :(

I really loved the sub genre that Phantagram created with Kindom Under Fire. I hope KUF: Heroes isn't the last time we see a Action-RTS from Phantagram.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Action RPG? Okay, I'm interested. Like the style, as usual for this series. That tusked fire-breathing thing in the top right corner of the scan looks intriguing.

kaching said:
Action RPG? Okay, I'm interested. Like the style, as usual for this series. That tusked fire-breathing thing in the top right corner of the scan looks intriguing.

It's a dungeon hack game. Randomly generated dungeons, four player online co-op, tons of weapons, spells, and enemies.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Four player online co-op sounds good but I still wish it was the same style of game as the Xbox Kingdom Under Fire games.

Willy Wanka said:
Four player online co-op sounds good but I still wish it was the same style of game as the Xbox Kingdom Under Fire games.

Don't worry, Flesh Sphere will make it all ok.

Something I just noticed: aren't Regnal and Keidner (or whatever) from KUF? I never played Heroes, is Flesh Sphere in it?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sugarman said:
Don't worry, Flesh Sphere will make it all ok.

Something I just noticed: aren't Regnal and Keidner (or whatever) from KUF? I never played Heroes, is Flesh Sphere in it?

The first three characters shown there are playable, the second three (including your precious flesh sphere) are enemies.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
isn't this being developed by someone besides phantagram themselves, or am i making that up? characters don't seem to have phantagram's usual flair. except flesh sphere, obviously, who is a scholar and a gentleman.

drohne said:
isn't this being developed by someone besides phantagram themselves, or am i making that up? characters don't seem to have phantagram's usual flair. except flesh sphere, obviously, who is a scholar and a gentleman.
I think it's the same studio, BlueSide. They did KUF: Heroes and, I think, the original.

I like the shots in that scan...very nice-looking and moody. Already looks more visually interesting than Untold Legends on the PS3...though, I suppose, that's not all that difficult since that game looks a little too fantasy-generic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
drohne said:

Not phantagram, Blueside (a sub developer under phanta) the guys responsible for the 2 KUF games on Xbox, not the guys who did N3.

duckroll

Winning formula!

[(N3 - ugly character designs) - dynasty warriors ripoff] + random dungeons + dungeon crawler + 4 players over Live

Schafer said:
Not phantagram, Blueside (a sub developer under phanta) the guys responsible for the 2 KUF games on Xbox, not the guys who did N3.

So does that mean there is still hope of a Action-RTS?

Chichikov

this game looks nice, but I really loved the first two KUF games.
I was hoping they’d expand on the formula and fix the few problems that kept those games from being absolute masterpieces.

lollerskates said:
I simply must have a flesh sphere avatar.

*digs*
fleshavatar3.jpg

fleshavatar2.jpg

fleshavatar.jpg

...Why did I just do that, I've opened up Pandora's Box.

This should be good. I'm really proud of some of the things that are starting to come out of the Korean development scene right now. It is definitely moving in the right direction.

Looks decent....I suppose.....but fu*k Japan and their postage stamp size screens.

You're small. We get it. Now how about releasing something that doesn't require a magnifiying glass?

Though I generally hate Korean fantasy design, I was somewhat optimistically fond of the Xbox Kingdom Under Fire game. Being a big Dynasty Warrior fan as well, I hope the game does well, and I'd love for it to take the sub-genre to a new level. However, as it has constantly reaffirmed with each new minor upgrade (read: "game"), I'm never to hopeful.

Top Bottom