• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom 2023 (Original Switch)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
share-fb.jpg

Zelda is a respected franchise, many of us were raised on Zelda dungeons and couldn't put the controller down for hours, giving Nintendo our time and in 2023 much like 1998 with Ocarina of Time that feeling is still there, so you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Tears of the Kingdom is a sequel to 2017's Breath of the Wild, and once again Hyrule is under Ganon's control. Instead of four main champions, temples have returned.

FwnPf2dakAElxc9

The five temples are wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, and Spirt and they couldn't have been better as you solve puzzles, beat bosses and having freedom doing so, it is as close to perfect as you can get. Changing that format angered fans in 2017 so it's great to see the format is back because that foundation means so much to Zelda games, even though personally I had no issue with the divine beasts.

Tears_of_the_Kingdom_Skyview_Towers_map_locations.png

While the temples are the foundation of Tears of the Kingdom, the open world is the core and it's fun moving around. The hype is real with Hyrule, as it's world is so unique and clearly intended for long term play.

Navi, Fi, or Midna from Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, or Twilight Princess are pushed out of the picture for a little more constructed device Link uses known as the Purah Pad.

Screenshot-2023-06-09-003324.png

I was hopeful for a new Nintendo console, but people make the Switch seem like it's something from the dark ages and that's disgusting.

Tears of the Kingdom has tons of interesting NPCs, incredible sidequests and many signs from previous games like the salesman from Windwaker, or the art influence from the Lanayru region and timeshift stones from Skyward Sword.

A lot of the game's problems is backtracking and doing a lot of traveling but teleporting helps.

The story is once again classic, historic Zelda lore and treated like an epic.
autre-dsg85719-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-plastic-replica-links-hylian-shield-48-cm.jpg

As an established franchise I imagine Nintendo will release DLC but they should be proud of this game. I give it a 10/10. What does GAF think of Tears of the Kingdom?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I've put 60 hours into it already with my kid and weve barely done any main story quests. The game constantly surprises, inspires and entertains. Truly one of the best ever made.
Favorites part is how deeps the open world is it's taken emergence gaming to the next levels can't believe they mades this on olds Switch hardwares

Knightime_X

Is this worth playing?
Tempted to buy but worry the game is rather hollow.

Are there actual dungeon bosses?
Or just enemy repeats pretending to be bosses?

I feel like I'll pay 75 on this, play maybe 2-3 hours and never touch it again.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
share-fb.jpg

Zelda is a respected franchise, many of us were raised on Zelda dungeons and couldn't put the controller down for hours, giving Nintendo our time and in 2023 much like 1998 with Ocarina of Time that feeling is still there, so you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Tears of the Kingdom is a sequel to 2017's Breath of the Wild, and once again Hyrule is under Ganon's control. Instead of four main champions, temples have returned.

FwnPf2dakAElxc9

The five temples are wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, and Spirt and they couldn't have been better as you solve puzzles, beat bosses and having freedom doing so, it is as close to perfect as you can get. Changing that format angered fans in 2017 so it's great to see the format is back because that foundation means so much to Zelda games, even though personally I had no issue with the divine beasts.

Tears_of_the_Kingdom_Skyview_Towers_map_locations.png

While the temples are the foundation of Tears of the Kingdom, the open world is the core and it's fun moving around. The hype is real with Hyrule, as it's world is so unique and clearly intended for long term play.

Navi, Fi, or Midna from Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, or Twilight Princess are pushed out of the picture for a little more constructed device Link uses known as the Purah Pad.

Screenshot-2023-06-09-003324.png

I was hopeful for a new Nintendo console, but people make the Switch seem like it's something from the dark ages and that's disgusting.

Tears of the Kingdom has tons of interesting NPCs, incredible sidequests and many signs from previous games like the salesman from Windwaker, or the art influence from the Lanayru region and timeshift stones from Skyward Sword.

A lot of the game's problems is backtracking and doing a lot of traveling but teleporting helps.

The story is once again classic, historic Zelda lore and treated like an epic.
autre-dsg85719-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-plastic-replica-links-hylian-shield-48-cm.jpg

As an established franchise I imagine Nintendo will release DLC but they should be proud of this game. I give it a 10/10. What does GAF think of Tears of the Kingdom?

Best expansión of Nintendo Switch.... I mean, game... Game... 😅

Top Bottom