• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom' Previews are coming up

Deerock71

Yes my friends there are dungeons and bosses and the underground is giaganisaurus with many new enemy types

Nintendo finally crawled from the ashes for this game it's possibly the goat from my experiences

oh_i_get_it_chris_farley.gif
phoenix GIF

In my experience, the controls for Ultrahand did take a while to get used to, but once you do… it’s just incredible how much freedom you manipulate tons of stuff. There’s definitely a couple of puzzles I’ve cleared in unintended ways thanks to it lol it’s been awesome so far.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
In my experience, the controls for Ultrahand did take a while to get used to, but once you do… it’s just incredible how much freedom you manipulate tons of stuff. There’s definitely a couple of puzzles I’ve cleared in unintended ways thanks to it lol it’s been awesome so far.
You motherf**ckers already have the game and playing it.

table-hit-yakuza.gif

hemo memo

Gold Member
Just finished the final divine beast and planning to finish the ballad dlc before jumping to gannon. Getting ready before TotK and the last time i’ve played BotW was at release date. My point is that even now replaying the game, the controls at first feels weird at first but I have adjusted quickly. I’m sure it will be the same for TotK.

We have seen how the controls for placing object work and they are exactly what you would want them to be. This was actually a concern for me but it was clear weeks ago they did it perfectly.

If they were talking about input lag I would agree, but they are having trouble learning how to manipulate objects in 3d, the controls are really the issue here.

Botw had such little input lag tho for 30 fps

Just finished the final divine beast and planning to finish the ballad dlc before jumping to gannon. Getting ready before TotK and the last time i’ve played BotW was at release date. My point is that even now replaying the game, the controls at first feels weird at first but I have adjusted quickly. I’m sure it will be the same for TotK.
For what it’s worth, I don’t remember having a hard time at all getting used to the controllers in BotW (although I might be misremembering its accessibility, considering I played it 6 years ago haha).

The issue here is that I’m flipping objects over and over again in this game trying to get them to fit in tight spaces or stay just where and how I want them too, and at the “tutorial area” it gets kind of rough if you’re bad at visuospatial stuff like me lol but really, you kind of have to use Ultrahand all the time, or at least that’s been my experience so far, so you end up getting used to the UH controls quickly if you play for more than, say, 5-10 hours even if you’re not particularly good with that kind of stuff. The other abilities are quite intuitive and simple to use.

It’s not really a big deal, though! The game is absolutely fantastic. I do feel like it has a more restrictive start, but it has more story and exposition than BotW (which I love) and I love the verticality added to the world. I’m on my way to my first real challenge now, so I haven’t really played much, but in general I feel like I’m enjoying it a lot more than BotW so far.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo knew breath of the wild was sustainable also its a lot harder to make a totally new product. Also watching link manhandle objects, enemies and giant boulders is amazing.

Top Bottom