• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch beta PC performance thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Minimum (targeting 30fps):

Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
Processor: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 865
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 4850, or Intel HD Graphics 4400
Memory: 768 MB VRAM, 4 GB System RAM
Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

(targeting 60fps on Medium settings):

Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X3, 2.8 GHz
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950
Memory: 2 GB VRAM, 6 GB System RAM
Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7636

My experience is odd, I can run the game at 100fps+ on epic settings but it feels like it's constantly hitching so it's not smooth at all. I've tried uncapped and capped at 60, 70, 90 and 120 with no improvement, lowering the settings makes no difference either. If anyone has any ideas feel free, the game is much smoother for me on PS4 but trying to aim with a controller is like trying to fuck a doorknob.

Trionix11

Neo Member
What are your PC specs?

I was experiencing a lot of hitching in the initial beta (Nov/Dec?). I upgraded to Windows 10 during the break and had a significant boost in performance and 0 hitching after.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What are your PC specs?

I was experiencing a lot of hitching in the initial beta (Nov/Dec?). I upgraded to Windows 10 during the break and had a significant boost in performance and 0 hitching after.

3570k @ 4.4GHz, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3, SSD, Windows 10. Everything is updated and latest. It just doesn't matter how high or stable my frame rate is it's not smooth which is bumming me out :(

Swarna

No hitching issues here.

i7 6700k @ 4.0 stock
980 ti EVGA FTW factory OC

1080p
Render Scale 100%
everything maxed out
130-190 FPS depending on map (averages 150-160)

I, however, use simpler "cleaner" graphics settings in normal gameplay:

1080p
Render Scale 100%
everything low/off except:
Texture Quality
Texture Filtering Quality
Model Detail

All of which I max out.

On these settings the game gets hard-capped at 300 FPS and goes down to 250 on some maps. AA set to off or SMAA High doesn't change this much and I'm still switching between both to see which look I prefer. I can instead turn AA off and use 200% render scaling for a super-crisp image at 130-190 FPS on these basic settings but I prefer the mouse feedback of higher FPS.

Game feels and handles a lot better at super-high FPS tbh.

Elixist

ive been playin on oc 3570k and oc 7950 on high settings, win7, uncapped fps, borderless window and its way smooth for me so over 60 all the time, a random dip in way crazy teamfights or other hitch

FinKL

Low Settings 100% render 1080p
7950 and 3570k (4.2GHz), 130fps with a few dips (I don't know how to cap the FPS, seems it's monitor refresh rate+10)

I noticed early in the beta, high/epic settings caused some input lag, maybe that's what your experiencing? I switched to low and have been using it ever since.

1080p, 100 % Render
Everything on Max.

Getting a locked 60fps, 100-110 unlocked.

My System:

Windows 10
i5 6600k
MSI GTX 970
16GB DDR4 RAM at 2400Mhz

all stock.

The End

Running on High on my 760 get and getting a rock solid 70fps

Running on low-medium on my POS NVS5400M laptop and still getting a stable-enough 30 to play Reinhardt

Nekrono

My experience is odd, I can run the game at 100fps+ on epic settings but it feels like it's constantly hitching so it's not smooth at all. I've tried uncapped and capped at 60, 70, 90 and 120 with no improvement, lowering the settings makes no difference either. If anyone has any ideas feel free, the game is much smoother for me on PS4 but trying to aim with a controller is like trying to fuck a doorknob.

What are your PC specs?

You are experiencing frame pacing issues, I was getting it also, you need to lock the frame rate to 60 using RivaTuner in MSI Afterburner.

After that It's been silky smooth for me.

i5 3570k / 970.

Render scale 100%, AA on Medium, everything else maxed out. Runs like a dream, practically locked at 70fps. (Great feeling to be able to max stuff out, can't do that often lately with my specs.)

nOoblet16

Can anyone confirm if the "Automatic" under render settings is basically dyanmic res?
My max display resolution and refresh rate is 1080P/60 and the game never goes below that even at fixed 1080P resolution for me so I can't actually check.

First game in a long time that runs at a near consistent 60FPS on my laptop with a Geforce 765M / Intel 4700MQ, although I am playing with shadows turned off and a few other settings on low.

Running gloriously. Maxed out

I5 6600k
980ti
16 ram

Damn it runs nice,and extremely enjoyable game.I'll be spending alot of time with this

Zexen

i7 4790K@4.6Ghz
SLI 980Ti (only one activated)
16GB DDR3

1080p All on Epic + 150% scale
90-120fps depending places/action

Just waiting for proper SLI support to achieve 200% scaling at high framerate (in the 55 fps currently).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You are experiencing frame pacing issues, I was getting it also, you need to lock the frame rate to 60 using RivaTuner in MSI Afterburner.

After that It's been silky smooth for me.

Right, if I cap to 60 with Riva Tuner the game is smooth but I get awful screen tearing, if I cap it at 90/120 I get the hitching but no screen tearing, apparently I can't win lol. And obviously I can't use VSync, the mouse feels awful with it on.

EDIT: If I cap it to 70 with Riva Tuner (which is what it caps to if you use the in-game monitor cap) it's actually perfectly smooth with very minimal tearing on epic settings. It's not perfect but it's 90% better.

i7-3770k
970 (slightly OC'd)

Getting anywhere from 100-120fps depending on what's going on with settings on Ultra (with some stuff turned up to Epic level) @ 1080p. Overall runs really well.

runs at about the same framerate as battlefront, which considering how outdated the visuals are, is rather lousy. do they put bots in the online mode or something?

ok, either they put bots online and there is no way to filter out games that have them, or this is what its like playing with f2p player bases. im done.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I run the ultra preset on an FX6300 OC'd to 3.8Ghz, a 3gB 280X and 12gB RAM.

It never goes below 70 FPS in 1080p and generally sits between 90-110ish. Game is mad optimized. But I know what you mean OP, there is a ton of microstutter in the game, I noticed it even when watching people stream the game, it feels quite jerky at times.

Edit: Oh it's just frame pacing? I'ma set RTSS up right away then, I have enough overhead for a locked 60 to be pretty damn consistent.

Manoko

I'm so jealous of you guys, I have a Q6600 and an HD 5850 and I play on all low, 1680x1050, between 45 and 55 fps.

Rodin

i5 4670K stock
MSI GTX 970 (driver 361.75)
8GB RAM 2133MHZ
Samsung 850 Evo

Perfect 1080p/60fps maxed out.

Pics_nao

Managing 60-61fps on high 1080p on battery with Ultra models. Very rarely drops below 60 if at all. Plugged in I get 70-71fps.

i7-6700HQ
GTX 960m 4GB
16GB RAM

mlclmtckr

Banned
i7 4770 / GTX 670 / 8 GB RAM / 1920x1200

Was running terribly even at lowest settings, I was getting 11-12 fps. There was no option for 1920x1200 60hz in the resolution drop down, the most it would offer was 59. I switched to borderless windowed and it went up to 110-130 fps.

Orion514

Back when I had my 1080p Monitor (Using a 1440p RoG Swift now (Based G-sync Gods ftw!)), the default fps was capped at 70. Was it just me, or do you see very little tearing in Overwatch at FPS's higher than monitor's refresh rate?

If so, how do they manage that? If that happened in any other game I saw tearing like a mofo.

I play at between Ultra and Epic at 1440p and I get about 144 FPS.

GTX 980 Ti
16GB RAM
Core i7 6700

Interesting. I'm wondering what settings I might have set differently from you, because my specs are about the same, and settings are probably about the same, but I get about 110-120 FPS in-game.

I'm running a 3750k OCed to 4.2 GHz, a 980 ti, and 8 GB RAM.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I7 3770k @ 4.2ghz
R9 290
16gb of ram
SSD

ran everything at "epic" level except for AA and put rendering at 150% and for the most part was locked at 60. At 100% it was locked 60.

shiyrley

Banned
GTX660Ti 2 GB
8 GB RAM
i5 2500 3.3GHz
2560x1440 resolution (yup, waiting for dat GTX1070)

Mostly 60 FPS at medium settings with shadows and fog set to low. And yes, rendering resolution is set to 100%.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
3570k @ 4.4GHz, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3, SSD, Windows 10. Everything is updated and latest. It just doesn't matter how high or stable my frame rate is it's not smooth which is bumming me out :(

I have 2500k, 670 GTX, SSD, Win 10 with no hitching at all. What resolution?

Have you tried closing everything besides the game and blizz launcher to see how it runs?

Kudo

GTX 780 & I7-6700K @ 1440p
Ultra settings with shadows and particles set to Medium, 60fps during gameplay and 40 in character selection screen.

ScOULaris

I'm messing around with my graphics settings still, and I have a couple of questions:

• What does local fog detail actually do? I can't find any comparison shots between low and ultra online anywhere. It's not usually shown in any of the comparison videos on YouTube either. I noticed that switching it to low significantly reduced mouse lag for me.
  • I have my framerate cap set to "Display," and I'm running in Borderless Window mode. When turning on stats it shows my game running at 70fps most of the time even though I'm using a 60fps monitor. It ends up looking smooth on my screen, but I was wondering if that's the actual FPS being rendered by the game or if the stats are being affected by the forced triple buffering or whatever of borderless window mode.
It seems like turning up certain settings (like going from high to ultra for Lighting) adds a tiny bit of mouse lag without actually affecting average FPS according to the stats.

For reference I'm running on an FX-6300 Black Edition CPU with an R9 270X Gaming 2GB GPU.

Kind of amazed at how well this game runs on my POS system. I had to set the quality settings to LOW, and cap it at 1080 - but it runs at a solid 60fps. The art style helps a ton. Even though everything is low res, it still looks good.

I was enjoying the hell out of it on console, but having a KB+M is making those precision characters so much more fun.

vaderise

HD7870XT
8 GB RAM
AMD FX 6300 Processor

I can easily run the game on 1080p/60 FPS on Ultra settings with very minor drops which looks slightly better than PS4 version i tested.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, i have stable 60fps on Epic settings. (Also highest AA available).
45-60 @1440p.

Just ran around in Training mode on Ultra and I'm definitely getting drops from 60 FPS down to the 40s. Think I'll try Ultra and see how that fares. I don't want this game dropping below 60.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I can play a few maps at 90fps on epic settings without a single drop or stutter and then out of nowhere I start dropping frames constantly and hitching, so I don't know if there's a memory leak or what?

Top Bottom