• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS: new Firmware update available (Ver. 11.0.0-33)

L~A

So first update in almost two months and maybe something new? Ver. 11.0.0-33 was just released, but no changelog available so no idea what it does for.

Download was pretty fast, so not expecting much other than lots of stable jokes on the first page...

Edit: nvm, nothing to see as usual:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Source

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Curious what this tries to break in terms of homebrew. Anyone update their sysnand or emunand yet?

rardk64

As a developer, I wonder what it's like to be working on code like this. Constantly updating for stability. It's probably satisfying to be improving the quality of the code and fixing bugs, but there's also not much new being developed so I wonder if that's frustrating...

MikeDip

If the NX is somehow the world's most powerful gyroscope, yeah.

Apparently vvvvvv had a homebrew exploit (not on the game's side). This might be related to that.

We shall see. I know they didn't touch a9lh, cubic ninja and oot seem safe or will just need a payload update. We shall see...

Downgrade hack probably fixed?

Has a new NATIVE_FIRM at least.

Hmmm! Interesting.

cyba89

tumblr_nmr1ddSLp01rw42iio1_1280.gif

Kaleo

Neo Member
SfLVDD9.png

More stable than ever thanks to Pocket Card Jockey.

sorry, couldn't resist too ;.;

Serious talking, wonder about the NATIVE_FIRM patching... for an already A9LH-downgraded 3DS, this could mean something?

Looking like it patches a variety of exploit vectors, some not public. Only going on what's been reported so far

includes vuln-scanning via hashing: whether code gets flagged for manual-code-RE depends on whether the ropgadget_patternfinder tool fails to find the target code or not. This may include vuln(s) which are not public at the time this updatedetails text was generated. The script for this has to be updated each time the code being checked for gets updated, otherwise in later sysupdates it will always detect that the previously updated code was 'updated' in

MikeDip

SfLVDD9.png

Serious talking, wonder about the NATIVE_FIRM patching... for an already A9LH-downgraded 3DS, this could mean something?
A9lh seems fine. And luma blocks updates to firm0 and 1 so we do have protection.

Anyways don't update yet until you hear from people not me, but there's already confirmation that sysnand upgraded a9lh is working. No harm in making a nand backup though.

Looks like we do need updated payloads for things that use those (like homebrew channel)

Kaleo

Neo Member
A9lh seems fine. And luma blocks updates to firm0 and 1 so we do have protection.

Anyways don't update yet until you hear from people not me, but there's already confirmation that sysnand upgraded a9lh is working. No harm in making a nand backup though.

Looks like we do need updated payloads for things that use those (like homebrew channel)

Thanks, already creating NAND backups on my two systems before anything else.

Madao

is it still possible to downgrade a stock unit with Cubic Ninja/OoT if you're on the latest firmware?

i had to do an update to latest firmware without homebrew on one of my 3DS to be able to do the A9LH setup on the other one since it required a system format and i didn't want to lose my games+saves.

is it still possible to downgrade a stock unit with Cubic Ninja/OoT if you're on the latest firmware?

i had to do an update to latest firmware without homebrew on one of my 3DS to be able to do the A9LH setup on the other one since it required a system format and i didn't want to lose my games+saves.

It looks like downgrade exploit has been fixed, but wait for actual pros reporting.

Foffy

Banned
SfLVDD9.png

I was curious about Pocket Card Jockey. Would you say it has a "campaign" or is it an endless game ala Animal Crossing?

rekameohs

Banned

Sounds like the svchax used to downgrade was patched, but everything before this firmware is downgradeable.

Cubic Ninja's exploit will likely never be patched, so homebrew's accessible from there, but if you want to downgrade (i.e. kernel access), it may be patched now.

Top Bottom