• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[360-PS3] HellBoy new screens

Found these on italian site (Mondoxbox.com):

26368jz0.jpg

26367xs6.jpg

26366gk8.jpg

26365lq0.jpg

26364mu9.jpg

can't sasy if these are new; shadows sometimes look good but nothing special anyway.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God this is so ****ing sad. I want a good Hellboy game, dammit. :(

Aaron said:
Who is Konami paying to make this pile?

Krome studios, developer of King Arthur, Sunny Garcia surfing, Ty: the tasmanian tiger 1,2,3 but more important....BARBIE: BEACH VACATION and BARBIE: SPARKLING ICE SHOW!:lol :lol :lol

how to burn a good licennse... :_(

I really think that for comics-to-game transpositions, they should stick or at least try to remain true to the original artistic style. Maybe Mignola style could be a little difficult to replicate in cel shading, but at least something like Killer 7's art would have been great.

Aaron

kallisto76 said:
Krome studios, developer of King Arthur, Sunny Garcia surfing, Ty: the tasmanian tiger 1,2,3 but more important....
There's what I was looking for. I thought there was something vaguely familiar about the look of the game, and I don't mean that in a good way. Even though I only played the demo once, the memory still clings like mold.

Burger

Wow, looks awesome, and I bet it will be twice as awesome to play.

Piss off GOW, gimme some (looks at thread title) HELLBOY!

Not surprised.. This is what the typical 3rd party game will look like on next-gen systems..

Actually I would submit that is one of the reasons why Wii has been looking so bad - really crappy third parties using the hardware are gonna make bad looking games despite whatever technical advantages the hardware has

hm. well, that looks like a piece of crap.

and wtf jpeg artifacts. don't be so goddamned afraid of a few more megs of traffic, idiot sites. god

Tokubetsu

My main problem..TOO DARK. Wtf, these devs are doing the opposite of what the people want. MORE BLOOM AND SUN! LESS SHADOWS! I want to be blinded with light till I can't see shit...Get it right konami!

If that was on Wii, I would be impressed. Seeing as its on 360/PS3, I'm a bit underwhelmed, but it's not actually that bad given it's a movie-to-game.

Joseph Merrick said:
ok.. just shut the hell up

Why? The game, graphically speaking, isn't actually that bad given how terrible some movie-to-game adaptatations can look (see Shrek 3). The shadows are quite impressive.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
first screen looks okay. other ones not so much. helps if you can see it in motion though.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doesn't look that bad to me. And its significantly improved since the very first batch of shots released for this game.

I really want to see cel-shading pulled of on a next gen game... so it looks like animation instead of cel-shading. If the do this and replicate Frank Miller's style and have Kojima or Rockstar (the team that did The Warriors) head The Dark Knight Returns, we'll have the perfect Batman game.

I like it. The graphics aren't that bad to me (well they could be worse) and I love the Hellboy universe, so here's hoping.

hehe. krome is a local studio here in brisbane, australia.

my mate got offered a job there as junior level designer on this game, but declined it due to wanting to finish uni. they are probably the biggest studio in australia with around 150 people I think.

i have a few other mates who work there and various other places for nds/psp games and it is just down the road from pandemic who made full spectrum warrior.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
phatmike128 said:
hehe. krome is a local studio here in brisbane, australia.
ahem. post in that thread :p

phatmike128 said:
my mate got offered a job there as junior level designer on this game
was that just recently?

phatmike128 said:
but declined it due to wanting to finish uni.
QUT?

phatmike128 said:
they are probably the biggest studio in australia with around 150 people I think.
It's well over 200 now with around 190+ in Brisbane and 20+ in Adelaide. I dunno how accurate those figures are though. edit: I was meant to say 210 in Brisbane and 30 in Adelaide.

phatmike128 said:
it is just down the road from pandemic who made full spectrum warrior.
I thought it was the LA studio that did Full Spectrum Warrior?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
This is a shame. I realize they're basing this off of the film's style, but with such an iconic art style present in the comic books, I'd have preferred to see them go in a direction that emulated Mignola's art work.

At least it looks better than that other Hellboy game.

hellboy_screen005.jpg

Top Bottom