• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun/Moon footage - Explore Alola

maxcriden

Visit here:

https://youtu.be/XW14HO7C1Dg

The new Pokedex features Rotom!

250px-479Rotom.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom_(Pokémon)

They tout it as a new way for people and Pokémon to communicate.

Vid also shows off the legendaries, multiple islands, character customization, and new characters.

Andrefpvs

So, Psychic type legendaries. Kind of a surprise.

I count at least 4 main islands, and a couple of very small ones.

I wonder if Pokédex-Rotom will be usable in battle, or if it's only for whatever new feature they're using it for.

Rotomdex looks cool but I bet people will lose their shit over the prospect of a navi-type character giving you advice in the already hand-holding Pokémon games.

Just gonna wait for the Gamexplain analysis video.

Rotom in the Pokedex is giving me terrible flashbacks of Fi from Skyward Sword.

This is not giving me a lot of good feelings.

So, it looks like you just choose your character as a "base" and there's no Char. Customization. Boo. =/ Best feature of X and Y (and something I think was great for Pokemon) is gone.

Why does Gamefreak constantly GET RID of features from every Pokemon game?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
massively disappointed by the legendary typing and abilities :/

So, it looks like you just choose your character as a "base" and there's no Char. Customization. Boo. =/ Best feature of X and Y (and something I think was great for Pokemon) is gone.

uhh it's pretty much the same as XY but with one more skin tone

Berordn

Um what

This is exactly the same way that X/Y did it. Pick a base at the start and customize later.

We've already seen the same skin tone wearing different shirts.

Pretty sure that's wrong dude.

"What the hell, a I can't catch Mewtwo either?! Why isn't it in the trailer???"

Nowhere was it said, or even implied, that Character Customization isn't back. On the contrary, it has been implied that it is back.

Psychic/Ghost

Well, enjoy BL forever moon thing

Like, comeon Gamefreak it's a moon. Moon= night. At least make it dark/ghost and give it some viability

Nowhere was it said, or even implied, that Character Customization isn't back. On the contrary, it has been implied that it is back.
How has it been implied it is back? From what I've seen from the two trailers, it looks like you pick a "base" or Skin Tones + Hair color, and that's it so far. I'd love to be wrong. So if you could convince me otherwise, I'd be more than glad to be wrong.
Pretty sure that's wrong dude.

"What the hell, a I can't catch Mewtwo either?! Why isn't it in the trailer???"
You're being ridiculous. And being "pretty sure" isn't the same as 100% sure. You don't have to act like I'm a moron just because I think a feature isn't in a videogame where it has not been shown to clearly be back.
Um what

This is exactly the same way that X/Y did it. Pick a base at the start and customize later.

We've already seen the same skin tone wearing different shirts.
Can you give me a link to something that shows this? Not because I don't believe you, I just want to see it for myself, and I"m not that observant.

uhh it's pretty much the same as XY but with one more skin tone

That's what I meant by "picking a base". I'm talking clothes + hair customizations.

How has it been implied it is back? From what I've seen from the two trailers, it looks like you pick a "base" or Skin Tones + Hair color, and that's it so far. I'd love to be wrong. So if you could convince me otherwise, I'd be more than glad to be wrong.

You "Picked a base" in XY, never before or after, it returning now isn't evidence against customization it is evidence for customization. A big deal is being made of Synchro (Ash Greninja) in the anime which has Pokemon take on characteristics of its trainer and become stronger, major features like this are never exclusive to the anime and obviously this would be a better feature if the synchro was unique to each trainer. Also the Main Character has had slightly different clothes in the first trailers at different times.

As I said it is by no means confirmed to return but it has been implied and is pretty likely. And it certainly hasn't been ruled out by anything.

Parfait

Just let me take off the hat on the bae and i'll be there day 0

Please let me take off the hat. What's the worst that could happen?

Berordn

Just let me take off the hat on the bae and i'll be there day 0

Please let me take off the hat. What's the worst that could happen?

twist: you can't take off the hat, but you can replace it with more elaborate plants, eventually culminating in a full sized palm

Astral

Ew that's the Moon legendary? I guess Sun it is. I really don't like the protagonists' designs either. I guess I'll pick the girl if I can change her stupid hat.

Okay at first I thought they didn't showcase Luna's ability but I saw them at least name it. Maybe her ability let's her be immune to dark attacks? It's obviously a defensive ability lol.

Sun legend ability is pretty dumb if it just prevents stat debuffs. We already have clear body. Kind of disappointing. Or maybe it prevents recoil damage too? Adds more damage to physical attacks? Please be more interesting.

Berordn

Okay at first I thought they didn't showcase Luna's ability but I saw them at least name it. Maybe her ability let's her be immune to dark attacks? It's obviously a defensive ability lol.

Sun legend ability is pretty dumb if it just prevents stat debuffs. We already have clear body. Kind of disappointing. Or maybe it prevents recoil damage too? Adds more damage to physical attacks? Please be more interesting.

Lunala's ability is just a renamed multiscale.

From the website:
Lunala’s Ability is Shadow Shield, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP.

Parfait

twist: you can't take off the hat, but you can replace it with more elaborate plants, eventually culminating in a full sized palm
I'll concede to a palm tree hat.
One, you probably can change hats.

Two preetty sure most of those kids are like 10

Look okay I dont' care how old they are as long as the hat can come off I'm a happy person. No one should suffer wearing a hat for their entire pokemon journey.

Top Bottom