• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games founder teases possible Vanquish PC port, has no idea about Rising 2

SilentRob

Kotaku's Brian Ashcraft just released a pretty interesting interview with Platinum Games' co-founder Asushi Inaba that's definitely worth reading in full. One part stuck out to me:

AARON: Is there any possibility that Vanquish will get a PC version?

KOTAKU: It would be a good idea to release Vanquish on PC.

INABA: (smiling) Hrm. I wonder... If you stop recording, I can talk about that. (laughs)

...implying that there is something to talk about? Is it happening, you guys? :eek:

kQHYOoy.gif

Also, to keep from you from getting too hyped: Metal Gear Rising 2 will probably never be a thing:

KOTAKU: So, within these past ten years, Platinum Games has made various titles. Is there interest in making sequels, such as making [Metal Gear] Rising 2?

INABA: Rising? That’s Konami’s IP.

KOTAKU: Right.

INABA: And Kojima Productions [at Konami] no longer exists.

KOTAKU: That’s correct.

INABA: We don’t even know what will happen next. That’s just looking at this from our point of view.

poodaddy

This is the one Platinum game that I've heard so much about and have yet to have a chance to play. Come on Platinum just do it. I mean what good reason could there possibly be not to?

Corpekata

Banned
Sega's usual random unlikely PC port is usually in the fall I think, so the timing is right.

Edit:

Typing of the Dead: October 29
Valkyria Chronicles : Nov 11
Sonic Lost Word : Nov 10

So yeah, if they've got something, seems like first -second weekish of November is when they aim for.

Squire

Banned
Nier: Automata seems to be riffing on the combat from Revengeance, if not outright building on it. Once I saw that game, I instantly got over MGR2.

Vanquish should on PC, I concur.

Memory

Its not up to Platinum though, of course they want it on more platforms as they will get paid residuals.

It's a Sega game and they own all the rights so unless we get a Sega rep saying its coming I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Hektor

Its not up to Platinum though, of course they want it on more platforms as they will get paid residuals.

It's a Sega game and they own all the rights so unless we get a Sega rep saying its coming I wouldn't get your hopes up.

But Sega already announced a bunch of "high quality pc ports"
and then they ported sonic lost worlds

Corpekata

Banned
It looks like the guy that asked the question wasn't even with Kotaku, he was a translator provided for the interview (but Ashcroft didn't need one).

So, props to Aaron. Wonder if he was provided by Bitsummit or Platinum / a publisher they are working with.

Ein Bear

God I just want Rising 2 so badly :(

What did that tease turn out to be in the end then? From that tradeshow, where there was a 2 in the Rising font?

Menthuss

I knew Rising 2 was never going to happen but hearing it from Platinum still hurts :(

Vanquish possibly getting a PC port is good news though.

Neiteio

Vanquish is incredible Mikami goodness. I can't even imagine it at 60 fps. It already feels so intense at 30 fps! (Actually, it probably wasn't even hitting that on PS3, was it?)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

Rising 2 will not happen as long as they'd need Konami's cooperation, so never. I thought that was pretty obvious. That tiny trade show tease was before Konami went full retard mode.

Vanquish port is dope, only got the xbox version for my component-cable only 360 without internet connection so would love to play it again in glorious 60 FPS in 1080p. Game was awesome.

Day one, full price insta-buy. I absolutely adore that game.

It's my sincere hope that Konami wakes up one day to the stacks of money they're leaving on the table by not signing a Metal Gear Rising 2 contract with Platinum. MGR sold well, and a sequel with a decent budget and proper development time would be an easy slam dunk. It's literally just drawing up a contract, signing a cheque and letting Platinum do what they do best, then reaping the benefits.

Aaron

Make it a Kickstarter, and they can have my money now. The more good Platinum I can get on PC, the better.

Hypron

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I don't have anything else to say but yeeeeesss.

I've been waiting for this for my whole life.

Top Bottom