• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oceanhorn for PS4, Xbox One launches September 7

Moskalova

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, Cornfox & Bros.’s action RPG inspired by The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Seiken Densetsu featuring music from Final Fantasy‘s Nobuo Uematsu and Seiken Densetsu‘s Kenji Ito, will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 7, publisher FDG Gaames announced.

Gematsu

Trailer

Nowak94

Neo Member
At first I was skeptical cause of how similar the attire was to Link's and then the trailer's art kinda blew me away.

jdstorm

Banned
Stopped playing this game on mobile when I reached the final boss.

This might be a good reason to double dip

Please don't be that person who compares this game to wind waker. This game is 5 years old and it's been done to death

dock

It's such a huge shame that games like this can't have the courage to lean away from their source of 'inspiration', so they will always come over as cheap knock-offs. The game is so lacking in character.

I've played some of this on iOS and it seems to be a really nice take on grid-based zelda gameplay. It has more in common with the DS Zeldas than anything. It definitely suffers from a lack of polish in some interactions though.

Shin-Ra

Please don't be that person who compares this game to wind waker. This game is 5 years old and it's been done to death
The trailer doesn't even show the Zelda 'inspired' HUD!

ss_abe132bf1dd7ab7ea0d814194616d9a81c3b292c.1920x1080.jpg

Canadian

I'm curious to play it. I've always enjoyed Zelda games and I'd definitely like to encourage more of these type of games.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
This works for like Vita, makes no sense on consoles but ight

Makes perfect sense for me. I want more games like this on the big screen, since tiny consoles like Vita hurts my hands.

Never understood this idea that certain games should only be on handhelds.

crimilde

Banned
Read that as Oceanborn, and Nightwish immediately started playing in my head.

On another note, the game looks cute. I'll keep an eye out for it.

MrFixIt

It was a decent game on mobile. The movement speed left a lot to be desired but I think I'll still check out the console release.

Parsnip

So they got Uematsu's and Ito's contributions back for the console release it seems?
PC version didn't have the handful of tracks they did, on launch at least. No idea if they ever added those back in with a patch.

u_neek

Anybody knows when this is coming to the EU PSN stores? They usually update on Tuesdays, don't they?

hongcha

One of my favorite games from recent years. I played it on ipad, looking forward to playing it again with a controller on a big screen.

rackham

Banned
Vita would have made more sense since this was a mobile game imo.

I'd like to see HORN brought to consoles too. Mobile has some interesting stuff

Steveo

Banned
Game looks so much like Zelda if you told me it was a Zelda spinoff i'd believe it.

But it still looks good, i'll give it a try.

I hadn't heard of this game until I saw it on a release list, and decided to dive in today. I'm going to start it tonight.

Here's hoping it's as good as it looks and is acclaimed to be.

fernoca

Got it on Xbox One, and so far so great. It is literally what I wanted. Triforce Heroes and A Link Between Worlds left me wanting a Zelda game like that (or similar) but in HD; and this is it.

Was also pleased that the sailing is automatic. You just discover areas of the map talking and exploring around islands and then you choose it and you travel thete.

Got it on Xbox One, and so far so great. It is literally what I wanted. Triforce Heroes and A Link Between Worlds left me wanting a Zelda game like that (or similar) but in HD; and this is it.

Was also pleased that the sailing is automatic. You just discover areas of the map talking and exploring around islands and then you choose it and you travel thete.

I started it tonight as well, and am about an hour and a half into it. I just beat the first boss on
Bomb Island
and got the bombs. Not long after that, I stopped playing for the night due to being tired.

I like what I've played so far. It's mostly what I expected, and is a good game. There's nothing I don't like about it, but I kind of wish the sailing was user-controlled because it's weird having it automatic. At least you can shoot.

TsuWave

looks great, wish i could play this on my vita. actually when i bought my vita this is the type of game i envisioned would be coming out for it :(

i think i'll buy it on my ps4 but would've enjoyed this more if it was on a handheld

looks great, wish i could play this on my vita. actually when i bought my vita this is the type of game i envisioned would be coming out for it :(

i think i'll buy it on my ps4 but would've enjoyed this more if it was on a handheld

That's fair. I get that. It's too bad it's not coming to Vita.

Not really, it was casual mobile game after all. Maybe just one optional island is little more harder, than the rest.

Good to know, thanks.

I played for 2-3 more hours just now, and am liking it still. More than I did at first, to be honest. It's very derivative of Zelda, but it's a neat little game.

I got the first seal from the plant boss, explored some, went to the water island and now am going to the outpost to get something to help with the heat of the fire cave.

RootCause

Glad they decided to bring it to consoles. Already have it on mi iPad. I'll gladly buy it again.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Top Bottom