• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided will not support DirectX 12 at launch

http://steamcommunity.com/games/337000/announcements/detail/930377969893113169

The Deus Ex franchise originated on PC, and we’re passionate about continuing to provide the best experience possible to our long-time fans and players on the PC.

Contrary to our previous announcement, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is shipping on August 23rd, will unfortunately not support DirectX 12 at launch. We have some extra work and optimizations to do for DX12, and we need more time to ensure we deliver a compelling experience. Our teams are working hard to complete the final push required here though, and we expect to release DX12 support on the week of September 5th!

We thank you for your patience, passion, and support.

- The Deus Ex team

So it's coming a few weeks later, they didn't want to delay the game for this. Nvidia owners can breathe a sigh of relief.

I can understand why, in the previous thread I said that the game runs fine on my system without Direct X 12.

The good thing is that the game won't be delayed

God no.

Anyways with my experience with ROTTR DX12 just seems to make games perform worse. DX11 with good optimization is fine.

Your experience in one game that was built from the ground up with DX11 in mind probably isn't the best sample to use when setting your expectations with DX12.

somewhat of a shame, but I don't think it would have benefited significantly. maybe a few fps, but not a huge boost many people think. better to include it a few weeks later than delaying the game again.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Your experience in one game that was built from the ground up with DX11 in mind probably isn't the best sample to use when setting your expectations with DX12.

and deus ex:Mankind divided probably also was built from the ground up with dx11 in mind and has dx12 as an afterthought.

and deus ex:Mankind divided probably also was built from the ground up with dx11 in mind and has dx12 as an afterthought.

Ehh it's more likely built for low-level APIs like the modified DX11/DX12 the Xbox One uses and libgnm that the PS4 uses. Consoles make up the majority of their sales.

also, the PC Graphics settings have come out and there's no mention of Pure Hair in them...did they drop that from the game without saying anything?
You probably cannot turn it off as they do not have alternative assets / technology to handle it otherwise. It looks like all game characters are made wiht some form of it from the prev. videos I have seen.

Also, no last gen version this time around means you can get away with something like that in terms of userbase.

here's pictures of the settings from the Steam thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213968016&postcount=6096
These are pretty awesome settings. I love the sharpen, motion blur, and CA control :D

edit: I am curious if POM still made it to the PC version. At this point I am doubting it though beyond a few select surfaces (and not even the one they demo'd it on originally).

You probably cannot turn it off as they do not have alternative assets / technology to handle it otherwise. It looks like all game characters are made wiht some form of it from the prev. videos I have seen.

Also, no last gen version this time around means you can get away with something like that in terms of userbase.

These are pretty awesome settings. I love the sharpen, motion blur, and CA control :D

edit: I am curious if POM still made it to the PC version. At this point I am doubting it though beyond a few select surfaces (and not even the one they demo'd it on originally).

maybe

figured it would like in Tomb Raider/Rise of The Tomb Raider and just be adjustable...like you said it may just be made into the game itself

do you mean Parallax occlusion mapping? There's a setting for it on the second picture of the Mankind Divided settings

Nzyme32

On the plus side here, there won't be a complete mess of confused reporting if the DX12 renderer happens to cause issues / poor performance.

Durante

Maybe DX12 is for NV GPU's what tesselation tends to be for AMD GPU's. Arch just doesn't cope with it so well as competitors.
An architecture doesn't cope with DirectX12. It's not a hardware feature, it's a different API paradigm. (DX12 has hardware feature levels, but those are also exposed in DX11, and not usually what people mean when they say "DX12")

If a game runs better in DX11 than in DX12 on any hardware then it's because it's DX12 renderer was insufficiently tuned for that hardware -- it means that the DX11 driver does a better job of handling the load than the game's low-level renderer does. And that this can happen on NV hardware is not too surprising given how good NV's DX11 driver is.

God no.

Anyways with my experience with ROTTR DX12 just seems to make games perform worse. DX11 with good optimization is fine.

I must be in the minority, but DX12 has been amazing for Gears UE and ROTTR on my machine. For some reason they are noticeably smoother than usual.

I may wait to play Deus Ex.

Regginator

I'd rather have them delay the game.

bsdLyZO.gif

jrcbandit

Isn't DX12 a complete waste of time for people with sufficiently powerful CPUs like an I5 or I7? It's mostly beneficial for AMD, I3?, and weaker notebook CPUs.

Its funny because after all that hype all it took was one game(Doom) implemented well in a competing API to completely blow it away.

Doom didn't implement DX12 though. On the Steam announcement the comments are demanding Vulkan instead. That's what gets people excited now!

213372bu

Banned
Great.

Go with DX 11 if it means better performance, people might unknowingly go into DX 12 because it's "newer" and receive a worse performance because of it.

Top Bottom