• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Gold September 2016 includes Earthlock: Festival of Magic

etta

my hard graphic balls
zUXjknD.jpg

x5zb2OS.png

The game launches part of the Games with Gold program!

Earthlock: Festival of Magic - Announcement Trailer

"It's like Xenoblade Chronicles with a strong dash of Disney and a side salad of Studio Ghibli."
- WARPZONED
"It was smart, fast and did just enough new to keep me interested while still appealing to my younger, Playstation self."
- ROCK, PAPER, SHOTGUN

Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg

rhandino

Banned
Oh, I remember the KS for this one was kind of neat and the finished product seems really great, but:

"It's like Xenoblade Chronicles"

Where? It looks nothing like those games =/

Still, looks like a lof of fun.

oti

Banned
"It's like Xenoblade Chronicles with a strong dash of Disney and a side salad of Studio Ghibli."
- WARPZONED

HOLY SHIT WHAT

*watches trailer*

nuh

kevin1025

Banned
I'm liking the art style! I'll give it a chance for sure.

Is this the first time a newly released game is being included with GWG?

If I'm not mistaken, Chariot and Massive Chalice were both new releases, and there were likely more. Technically the Banner Saga 2, if you count it as a new release on console (the PC version came out a couple of months earlier).

I want games of this style on Xbox One and I want more games premiered through GWG, so if this turns out to be a decent game I'll be ecstatic.

I'm checking out the Kickstarter for Earthlock and it sure looks cute. I'm about that.

Varg

Banned
I've been waiting for this damn game for like three years now since the initial announcement. I can't wait !!!

This is pretty nice, hope download and play hours for this are high, for more japanese developers to consider the X1 a viable platform.

Ridley327

- WARPZONED

::looks at footage::

I'm pretty sure this person has not played Xenoblade Chronicles, nor watched any film of Disney or Ghibli.

It looks cool regardless, but nah man.

Deft Beck

I've worked with the voice actor of two of the male leads (human dude on the left, pig dude). Very talented guy! The game itself looks great, too.

Flux

The trailer looks good. Is this the first JRPG style on Xbox or the current gen (sneak in before FFXV)?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Norwegian games releasing left and right. Step up your game, Sweden!

This isn't the first time I've heard of Sweden being behind when it comes to making games, same with Korea. I'm sure they have the people that can develop the games, I wonder if the problem is having people with concepts and vision to create ideas for them to come together to make a game.

Riposte

- WARPZONED

The utter nonsense people come up to describe games, I swear. It manages to look nothing like a single one of those things.

Question....can i change the region on my xbox to Australia to get this game a day early (today) without having to worry about breaking any rules on xbox or gettin in any type of trouble? I can wait the extra day, i just have absolutely nothing going on today and am super excited about gettin started on this game but i dont know how that sort of stuff works. I don't want to be taking advantage of something im not supposed to be taking advantage of/breaking rules im not aware of. I do have a basic understanding when it comes to things like buying from a different regional store, you have to use currency from that region (i.e. if i wanted to buy a game from the US xbox store at their prices, id have to use a US xbox gift card) but im unsure what the policy is on the gwg. Ive seen that other regions have gotten different gwg in the past and ive never changed my region to exploit that because that seems like it would be breaking some sort of rule, but still uncertain about the gwg that planned for my region anyways.

Top Bottom