• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Xbox 360 game "Bullet Soul" comes to NA for the first time with BC on XBO

hongcha

The Japanese release was region free, so anyone could have bought it and played it on X360. Pretty average game.

The Japanese release was region free, so anyone could have bought it and played it on X360. Pretty average game.
If you wanted to pay like $70 sure I guess. Not sure what that really has to do with the topic at hand though :p

WTF? How is this possible? Are they just now publishing it in the west because it's BC?
Sounds like it, ya.

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/761529760090435584

"They said NA release is the 1st step for BC. Sounds it's not easy to support BC for JP exclusive games."

The cool thing about BC is that MS is supposedly also looking to add games that don't have digital versions to the digital store when they make them BC

Bizzquik

I wonder if we might get more ports because of this.

Quick - someone make a list of Xbox 360 games released exclusively in Japan!
I'm genuinely curious how extensive and varied the list is...would love to see a gem or two come to XB1 - if any great Japan-only games exist in the first place.

also looks like it's either going to be $14.99 or $19.99 which is awesome if so since imported copies still run in the $60-70 range

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/767906026549022720

Also, the store description is kinda funny:
"The Games on Demand version supports English. Bullet Soul is Japanese Shooter. Good luck have fun!"

Very interesting. I wonder if we might get more ports because of this.
5pb is on board, looks like MOSS is too

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/765882739803365376

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

I'm genuinely curious how extensive and varied the list is...would love to see a gem or two come to XB1 - if any great Japan-only games exist in the first place.

There was a surprising amount of Japanese-exclusive original Xbox games in big genres.

I'm still bewildered why many weren't localized.

It is still not out.
5pb was apparently hoping to have it out on the 23rd but it still hasn't passed cert. Should be soon though. Also, the way the story reads is that they need to release it on 360 first and then they can work on BC...so might not be BC day and date(?)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

I had to google the game to find out what it was. Of course its a SHMUP, haha.

Super cool, they are getting it to be BC though. Everything BC!

A lot of the library consisted of shmups and visual novels, with some fighting games here and there. Hopefully we can finally get a localized western release of Phantom Breaker: Extra.

RedToad64

Steins;Gate was on Xbox 360 in Japan. That is the only one that I can think of. Of course, that particular version was never localized, so it wouldn't make sense to put it on the NA store unless you can read Japanese.

@MUWANdo

Banned

shaowebb

Yo DAMN! Thats a pretty fun shooty. Nice to see it coming over. I hear its pretty easy as far as bullethell goes but whatever. If it has a bullet cancel mechanic I gots to play it. Its one of the few 360 bullethells I didn't own.

Oh, wow! I don't really care for the game, to be honest, but it's an interesting situation!

Is the game coming to NA as a digital release or a retail release? If it's simply a digital release, I hope this leads to a bunch more Japanese exclusive games released internationally.

theclaw135

Banned
Oh, wow! I don't really care for the game, to be honest, but it's an interesting situation!

Is the game coming to NA as a digital release or a retail release? If it's simply a digital release, I hope this leads to a bunch more Japanese exclusive games released internationally.

It's digital, live in NA today at $14.99.

Top Bottom