• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk - New images.

Guymelef

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/koei-tecmo-berserk-details-wyald-boss-characters
Wyald
29109277912_0cc3152c81_o.jpg
29138983941_6f5677f818_o.jpg
29109279022_63d641a7e5_o.jpg
29109278702_1d53422f9d_o.jpg
29138984221_5f2231c509_o.jpg
28596688973_4e14565d05_o.jpg
29109278252_de19ae56c2_o.jpg
29138984101_c6f1a8fd20_o.jpg

oldboss

While I'm not a huge fan of musous, I think a musou is the best kind of game for the Berserk story. Guts is kinda nuts.

Why not? It fits Berserk really well.

Sure, I can agree with you on that.

Still, I'm convinced the extremely rich and detailed Berserk universe could have been represented and dealt with in a more interesting fashion if it weren't a musou type game.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, with the game having been barely shown, yet I can't help but feel it would have benefited from being a more adventure oriented game, segmented by action-heavy parts.

Ganondorfo

This reminds me of the PS2 days, where games got news screenshots threads. Its rare to see these days. Normally games this generation only get trailer and news threads.

Even Snake Baron?

We just need some Rosine now.

It's too bad because it's one of my favorite Berserk arcs, but we all know Rosine is not going to be in this game.

Of course Wyald is a pretty crazy inclusion, enough so I almost want to say all bets are off, but Rosine's character design is essentially a naked young teenage girl. I suppose they could completely redesign her, but at that point they might just be better off doing something they can include properly.

Even aside from the obvious child nudity and murder issues, she wouldn't be a fun enemy to fight in a Musou game. Flying enemies suck in these games.

Still, I'm convinced the extremely rich and detailed Berserk universe could have been represented and dealt with in a more interesting fashion if it weren't a musou type game.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, with the game having been barely shown, yet I can't help but feel it would have benefited from being a more adventure oriented game, segmented by action-heavy parts.

The Dreamcast Berserk game was a lot of fun -- I'm planning to replay it soon, actually -- but it's still ultimately a beat-em-up like Musou games are. It might be cool if this was a little Ninja Gaiden-esque, really drill into one story with one big environment and a large cast, but if you do that you're going to lose all of this Berserk fan service. And honestly I think all of this fan service (freaking Wyald, jesus) is what most fans want at this point, and the potential gameplay benefits of light exploration and puzzles aren't particularly Berserk anyway.

Eccocid

I would prefer it too but that might be another step they would take in the future maybe? Since musou games have a wider audience they might be testing the popularity of Berserk as a game and if it sells good they might try some other genres with it.( A BERSERK GAME WITH BLOODBORNE GAMEPLAY OMG)

Josue

Don't think so.
Last KT games are in JPN only, it's the price to pay to ensure a western release.

Didn't Hyrule Warriors get dubbed? I could have sworn.

I mean I don't mind but I would get even more excited if they used the English cast

Mate, it's a Musou game. If any character fought for more than two seconds then he is gonna appear as playable in this game. I guarantee it.

Never touched a musou game so don't know the musou standards yet. Still arguing Irvine, has one of the most unique move set if he makes it.

Pompadour

It's not the genre that's the problem really but rather the developer. Berserk fits very well with a Musou but since it's made by Omega Force it's going to look cheap.

Fuck yeah, Snake Baron. They're really going all out with this.

Wylad
Snake Baron
Slug Lord

All could have easily been looked over. Seems like we are getting almost every battle. Only battle missing so far are the fairies, goat demon, Slain & Assassians during the rescue Griffith arc

Man, they really are putting everything in this. It's like a love letter to the fans. Picking this up Day 1. Don't even care if it's bad.

Top Bottom