• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk - New images.

mcz117chief

Never touched a musou game so don't know the musou standards yet. Still arguing Irvine, has one of the most unique move set if he makes it.

Musou games are notorious for having INSANELY huge rosters. You can be sure that pretty much every combat capable character that appeared in the anime/manga will appear here.

CHC

Looking really good. I'm digging his disgusting Wyald looks (as he should) and the color palette of the game as a whole.

As an aside - is there a reason that Japanese developers still seem to use screenshots so much as a form of preview / marketing? I'm seeing it with FFXV as well and it's kind of jarring in this day and age. I mean, I don't mind obviously, but I can't really seem to think of many Western studios who would just send like 8 screenshots to the press without a trailer or demo or something. They usually accompany some other form of preview.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I just hope they convey how insanely powerful, insane and masochistic things gets when Guts loses it while wearing the berserker armor.

I just hope they convey how insanely powerful, insane and masochistic things gets when Guts loses it while wearing the berserker armor.

I hope they nail the movement and primal nature of the armor. They really did it justice in the PS2 game where you're flipping around and spinning with the Dragonslayer, all while howling like a wolf. Felt so good.

Wyald?! Ok, this game's story is going to be awesome.

Isn't Adon Coborlwitz the one guy he beats before the
100 man massacre?

I know Boscogn is the one that
breaks Guts sword, and Guts ends up with Nosferatus's sword

I hope Silat is playable and not just a boss.

Glad to see Grunbeld and that Snake Baron guy which is probably the first boss we'll be going against.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
29109278252_de19ae56c2_o.jpg

GRIIIIIIIIIFIIIIIISUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mate, it's a Musou game. If any character fought for more than two seconds then he is gonna appear as playable in this game. I guarantee it.

*If any character has a name, he is playable. Adonis vs Julius boss fight incoming!
EARN YOUR FATHER'S RESPECT BEFORE MEETING GUTS AND SPILLING YOURS!

Samemind

*If any character has a name, he is playable. Adonis vs Julius boss fight incoming!
EARN YOUR FATHER'S RESPECT BEFORE MEETING GUTS AND SPILLING YOURS!

Musou games are notorious for having INSANELY huge rosters. You can be sure that pretty much every combat capable character that appeared in the anime/manga will appear here.
Curb your enthusiasm. First entries in a new license adaptation tend to have casts in the range of 10-15 characters.

mcz117chief

Curb your enthusiasm. First entries in a new license adaptation tend to have casts in the range of 10-15 characters.

10-15 is not conceivable imo. 30-40 at the very least. They wouldn't make a musou game with 10 characters. Hyrule Musou was also a new license adaptation and that game has 25 or so playable characters. Now, I am not a fan of Zelda (never played any games) but how many more characters could the game have? Isn't those 25 pretty much the limit? On the other hand Berserk has a truck load of potential characters each with a name, combat style and personal background.

dan2026

I was about to say I don't think Ganishka will be in this.
But then I remembered a shot of Guts riding Zodd.
So I guess he is lol!

twelver

10-15 is not conceivable imo. 30-40 at the very least. They wouldn't make a musou game with 10 characters. Hyrule Musou was also a new license adaptation and that game has 25 or so playable characters. Now, I am not a fan of Zelda (never played any games) but how many more characters could the game have? Isn't those 25 pretty much the limit? On the other hand Berserk has a truck load of potential characters each with a name, combat style and personal background.

Hyrule Warriors launched with around 13. It took DLC and a 3ds game to almost double it. Keep your expectations in check.

Bebpo

Banned
Hyrule Warriors launched with around 13. It took DLC and a 3ds game to almost double it. Keep your expectations in check.

Yup, and One Piece Musou 1 had like 10 or so playable characters. Gundam Musou 1 didn't have a huge roster either.

I don't expect Berserk Musou to have a huge roster, but I hope it sells enough they can do a sequel and that's where more of the cast comes in.

dan2026

I make it 8 playable characters at the moment.

It goes up to 12 when you count different forms of the same character.

Would be very surprised if we didn't at least get Isidoro and Farnese playable as well.

Should've used green text lol. I'm guessing a playable cast of around 20-30. If really sit and think about it, there's a long list of possible characters to use.

I've only seen the original anime and man, I hope this scene is a fraction as powerful as the anime at the least. Can't wait to hear from the unitiated players.

Especially if it's anywhere near the end of the Eclipse movie. That left an emotional scar on my soul. I can only imagine how it would be for people not mentally prepared for it.

Newboi

Are they actually going to put the infamous Casca scene in the game? I kind of hope they don't. I'm not sure how the game would do it justice.

dan2026

Are they actually going to put the infamous Casca scene in the game? I kind of hope they don't. I'm not sure how the game would do it justice.

Its a mainstream Japanese game so I really doubt it.

Hell I cant even think of one with sex in, let alone rape.

mcz117chief

Isn't that because the Zelda roster is quite limited? So they had to dig really deep to find some worthy characters? Berserk is anything but that.

Holy shit this game looks better with each set of screenshots. Can't wait to tear Griffith apart. I don't care if it doesn't make any sense just let us kill that bastard.

If this was CC2, then they probably would have done a pretty hype boss fight with Guts and Femto at the end of story... man the possibilities :(
Is that even possible? Even He couldn't even do it.

berserk_c303_015.jpg

This was drawn by a human being...
I actually just read that chapter last night. Holy mother of storytelling how the hell does the author comes up with these ideas?! He just
completely changed the entire world and it actually made sense!
Can we please get someone as amazing as him to do a background story for DMC universe? Come on, Capcom.

Is this coop?
Other Warriors title let you play Co-op so I assume that Berserk will be the same.

Isn't that because the Zelda roster is quite limited? So they had to dig really deep to find some worthy characters? Berserk is anything but that.
As others have said before, first One Piece title had a relatively small roster as well. I think it's not just about the potential but the fact that making a lot of playable characters takes time so they start with a smaller roster and then add to them over the course of new games. The last OP game had something like 50-60 playable characters.

rackham

Banned
Pretty sure it's on the damn cover.

But they might skip it. Who knows.
I'm curious if all this focus on the casca rape and rape scenes in general around he new berserk anime and marketing for this game is because the author sold the rights to highest bidder without regard for his source material.

I worded this very poorly

Kaibutsu

Sure, I can agree with you on that.

Still, I'm convinced the extremely rich and detailed Berserk universe could have been represented and dealt with in a more interesting fashion if it weren't a musou type game.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, with the game having been barely shown, yet I can't help but feel it would have benefited from being a more adventure oriented game, segmented by action-heavy parts.

Well to be fair they already made two of those and neither blew the socks off anyone. I own them both btw :)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm curious if all this focus on the casca rape and rape scenes in general around he new berserk anime and marketing for this game is because the author sold the rights to highest bidder without regard for his source material.

I worded this very poorly

Miura is kind of a recluse and introverted. He almost never gives interviews or goes to sign copies of Berserk and before he nearly had a breakdown from exhaustion he was working 7 days a week for like 16 hours a day without any vacation or days off. He does most of the drawing, design, story, etc. himself and only has a couple assistants who do light work.

If anything I think he just hands these things off and only takes a cursory glance at them. The manga is his life's work and magnum opus and its finally starting to craft its end game so I think that dominates his attention and time.

Zolo

Technically, we don't know if Silat's playable. We just know he's at least a boss.

But I can't imagine a world where Wyald makes it in as playable and not Silat.

lmao at the idea of 30-40 playable characters.

I can think of 6-8 I'd be genuinely excited for (Skull Knight and Grunbeld pls) but I could see 12-15 if they push it. Are people really excited for them to pull out Roderick, Corkus, Mule etc? Because that is what the roster is going to look like with 35-40+ characters. Give me Guts, Apostles and particularly badass fighters, reaching beyond that is unnecessary.

Top Bottom