• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ever Oasis (new 3DS RPG by Grezzo and Koichi Ishii) gameplay video

Volotaire

ever-oasis_-1200x630-c-1024x537.jpg
Ever Oasis
Platforms: Nintendo 3DS
Release: Date 2017
Distribution: Retail and Digital
Koichi Ishii of Grezzo is the producer and the director of the game, and character design is done by famed illustrator Yoshinori Shizuma. Ever Oasis takes place in a sprawling desert with the oasis at its heart. Travelers with different wants, needs and wishes will visit the oasis. Players must head into the desert and locate dungeons. Allies with specific weapons and unique skill sets will join and strengthen the team. Items claimed in the desert can be used as materials to craft items to sell at shops in the game, or give to certain travelers. The game is scheduled to launch in 2017.
Video

Koichi Ishii was responsible for the Mana series and key roles in FF1/2/3. Grezzo was responsible for the Zelda remakes for 3DS.

Announcement Thread E3 2016

No-one created a thread, so I created one.

Sources

Gravijah

Really excited for this. Love Ishii, and I've been waiting for Grezzo to get their chance to make a big, original game.

Yeah this looks to have a lot of charm and decent gameplay, and the pedigree working on it sure isn't a turnoff. Cautiously optimistic.

Sterok

Not a fan of the chibi models, but it does seem to be a decently put together game and one Nintendo's few upcoming 3DS offerings that has a decent budget. Still worth keeping an eye on.

PetrCobra

I really want to like this game for some reason but nothing I've seen of it so far looked like much fun to me.
The Treehouse stream was kind of boring. And I've clicked on the video in the OP to see if there's something new and exciting. I was watching the EU Direct and thought there might be something else here but no, it was the same video.
The crafting seem promising I guess, and hopefully there are some good puzzles, and maybe the battle system isn't as boring as I think it is, but I'm still waiting to see something that will make me pick up the game when it comes out.

Oregano

I just wish it had multiplayer. ;_;

It's amazing that people are clamoring for a new Mana game in other threads and ignoring this potential gem.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This looks really cool. I'm excited to play it. I do think the attack animations could use a little more impact on hit. Otherwise, it looks great.

Philippo

Looks really good.

I love skill-vased puzzle solving, something that i haven't really felt since the days of Golden Sun.

TheMoon

I just wish it had multiplayer. ;_;

It's amazing that people are clamoring for a new Mana game in other threads and ignoring this potential gem.

"I want new IP"
[new IP gets ignored]
[established IP comes out]
"OMG FINALLY A NEW ENTRY!"
"But it sucks, why can't they think of something good!"

Heartfyre

I was really impressed with how the art translates into the actual game. Including dungeons with puzzles just means I'm paying even closer attention. Have some strong hopes for this.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ot somehow reminds me about Fantasy life but with deeper gameplay
I am totally in

Thanks OP for the topic

Yeah this looks to have a lot of charm and decent gameplay, and the pedigree working on it sure isn't a turnoff. Cautiously optimistic.

Yeah. Though I am a bit tired of the usual chibi artsyle which has dominated the 3DS RPG space, I must keep my eye on this one. Acton RPGs are my shit and it's in capable hands.

casiopao

Thinking about it, the puzzle in dungeon is what pulling me in here lol. I had been missing more Jrpg with great puzzle in dungeon. Playing Xenoblade 3DS here makes me miss those things.T_T

But, i sure as hell don't want to meet with Lufia level of puzzle here. That will make me go bald.T_T Give me a moderate difficulty level of puzzle and i am gonna be happy.^_^

Andyliini

I like the look of this. Though I have never played a Mana-game, I think Grezzo has earned it's wings with two great Zelda-remakes. Hopefully this games does well for them.

TheMoon

Ot somehow reminds me about Fantasy life but with deeper gameplay
I am totally in

Thanks OP for the topic

reception will be similar^^ game will be fantastic and nobody will care :( (basing this on the zero talk this receives on the net)

"I want new IP"
[new IP gets ignored]
[established IP comes out]
"OMG FINALLY A NEW ENTRY!"
"But it sucks, why can't they think of something good!"

You missed a word on the first line there.

"I want great new IP"
[splatoon happens]
[Sells almost as much as mario 3d world and smash bros u].

The demand is there, but they also have to have the game quality to back up a title if it's not going to be "ignored".

Steejee

Not a fan of the chibi models, but it does seem to be a decently put together game and one Nintendo's few upcoming 3DS offerings that has a decent budget. Still worth keeping an eye on.

Normally Chibi is a huge turn off for me (World of FF especially), but these sorta...work? I guess within the context of the game, the style of the non-human characters, and the proportions they went with, the chibi works out alright. Still not a huge fan, but they're not a distraction.

Looking forward to seeing more of this game, not that I really *need* yet another RPG in my backlog.

FaintDeftone

Yeah I'm very interested in this one. I want to see how Grezzo handles something brand new. I have high hopes for this one.

TheMoon

You missed a word on the first line there.

"I want great new IP"
[splatoon happens]
[Sells almost as much as mario 3d world and smash bros u].

The demand is there, but they also have to have the game quality to back up a title if it's not going to be "ignored".

If only it were that simply and we lived in that wonderful world where quality mattered. :(

*looks at code name steam*

MacTag

Banned
I'm a sucker for arpgs with town building. This sort of feels like the Mana game I've been waiting for Grezzo to make since they started.

If only it were that simply and we lived in that wonderful world where quality mattered. :(

*looks at code name steam*

Eh, codename steam was hardly a ground breaking game.

Nintendo makes an attempt at it's own valkyria chronicles is a hard sell when that game was better in most respects and could be had for a fraction of the price.

Hobbun

So, do the other two contribute in combat? It looks like they are just standing there and the only person who does anything is the one you are controlling.

I’m not a fan of ARPG with multiple party members, as it usually means AI controlled members. But at least looking at the gameplay video, it doesn’t look like the two (you are not controlling at the time) contribute, or can get hit, in combat. I don’t mind that so much as I view it as a single ARPG, which I much prefer.

But that it has town-building, certainly also keeps me interested.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ishii is pivotal in a lot of incredible titles, so I trust they can do a great job.

casiopao

Battle of the Mana devs. Brownies Vs Grezzo!

Sad that Brownies is dead though.T_T

Thinking about it though. Nintendo is really damn good at taking those talented devs from other company lol. It is like everytime Nintendo do a collab with some team, the devs will move to Nintendo lol.O_O

Looks to be 2017's codename steam, the people who play it will say its amazing for the most part but 90% of gamers will forget it exists most already have since yesterday :(

I'm excited for it game looks solid I'm afraid the art and character designs are gonna kill it though.

casiopao

Looks to be 2017's codename steam, the people who play it will say its amazing for the most part but 90% of gamers will forget it exists most already have since yesterday :(

I'm excited for it game looks solid I'm afraid the art and character designs are gonna kill it though.

It depends whether Nintendo will dare to take the risk and promote this game or not here. The art is actually not that bad as chibi still had some charm as long as the gameplay is nice.

Seeing how Bravely also chibi can do well on the West with great promotion, i can see this at least doing moderately well lol.(Pliz don't let me jinx this one too.T_T)

Top Bottom