• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great Force Feedback Racing Wheel Deal @ Gamestop (Limited edition/time offer)

T150P2.jpg

This wheel is a great entry level racing wheel, or just another great wheel to have a wheel available for Xbox, PS4, or PC.

What makes this a great deal? On Amazon, these wheels cost about $200. The T3PA peddles are a separate and much higher quality peddle set that cost an additional $100 on top of the base racing wheel.

Gamestop is selling them together for $250. That's $50 dollars savings. That could buy you Forza Horizon/Project Cars/Dirty Rally.

Other wheels cost around $300-400 and you will still need to buy higher quality peddles.

PS4 + PC Compatible:
Thrustmaster T150

XboxONE + PC Compatible:
Thrustmaster TMX

I just went to the store and ordered one to my nearest store to pick up at my convenience. You usually don't find deals like this with racing wheel hardware. These wheels were already an insanely great value. If you are wanting a good Force Feedback Wheel with great peddles without spending about $400, don't pass this up.

And no, I do not work for GameStop lol

You could get the logitech G920 for $240.00 on Amazon this summer. It is one of the $400 wheels you are talking about. Saving $50 bucks (an imagined $50, this is a full price bundle) is small-time.

Gamestop is overcharging the msrp is $200 and its on sale at amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CI97DNM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014US02ZA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
T150 is 3rd party so regular price

They are not overcharging. Only the Xbox One wheel is on sale @ Amazon. Either way, you are still getting the $100 T3PA peddles for $50 dollars less. Those peddles are FAR better and most people get them after the default package peddles which kinda suck.

You could get the logitech G920 for $240.00 on Amazon this summer. It is one of the $400 wheels you are talking about. Saving $50 bucks (an imagined $50, this is a full price bundle) is small-time.

The G920 is not as good of a wheel IMO because of a sizeable deadzone in the center position. The force feedback is known to not be as quiet or smooth either. The peddles that come with the G920 are not nearly as good as the Thrustmaster peddles I mentioned in the OP.

IMO this is still a far better deal.

There not that much better, the brake mod is what makes them stand out. And that can be achieved with a $5diy mod. Unless you are getting the th8a shifter also you don't need the clucth right away.

SpeedNut

Still waiting for the universal wheel for all 3 platforms. No way I could get away with buying two wheels without being kicked out of the house.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What's considered the best consumer wheel for X1/PS4 (or PC)?

Depends on budget, but I have been very pleased with my Thrustmaster T300RS for PC/PS4.

The T150 as the OP links is quite a solid starter wheel that lacks some of the fancier elements and build quality of the 300RS(very cheap pedals though unless you get the Pro ones mentioned and included in the above bundle), but really for most people this wheel is a fantastic entry point and will likely be the one most choose.

I also have tried the Logitech G29(successor to the mega-popular G27 of last gen) but despite the build quality being very nice and featuring better "included" pedals than the Thrustmaster, I was not a fan of the crank/gear motor system it still adopts from older legacy models. The above Thrustmaster wheels utilize a newer pulley system which I found much smoother overall. You can just kind of feel the 'notch' effect and constant ratcheting noises coming from this type of wheel which soured me a bit. It's still a really solid wheel if you don't mind, but I would suggest Thrustmaster.

jrcbandit

Still waiting for the universal wheel for all 3 platforms. No way I could get away with buying two wheels without being kicked out of the house.

Get one that works with PS4 and PC. Play the Xbox One games on your PC since the latest and upcoming Forza games are now play anywhere.

Depends on budget, but I have been very pleased with my Thrustmaster T300RS for PC/PS4.

The T150 as the OP links is quite a solid starter wheel that lacks some of the fancier elements and build quality of the 300RS(very cheap pedals though unless you get the Pro ones mentioned and included in the above bundle), but really for most people this wheel is a fantastic entry point and will likely be the one most choose.

I also have tried the Logitech G29(successor to the mega-popular G27 of last gen) but despite the build quality being very nice and featuring better "included" pedals than the Thrustmaster, I was not a fan of the crank/gear motor system it still adopts from older legacy models. The above Thrustmaster wheels utilize a newer pulley system which I found much smoother overall. You can just kind of feel the 'notch' effect and constant ratcheting noises coming from this type of wheel which soured me a bit. It's still a really solid wheel if you don't mind, but I would suggest Thrustmaster.

Nice! Great advice thank you! Picked up Forza Horizon 3 and thought about finally getting a racing wheel.

Would you say this is equivalent to the T150:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CI97DNM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

?

Da_Bears

Neo Member
May be a dumb question, but what is your set up for using this? I cannot imagine trying to sit in my living groom chair with a tv-tray in front of me holding the wheel.

gmoran

I have the T150 and its a great wheel, this gens GT Pro. But the pedals don't have enough resistance so it can difficult to precisely control acceleration and even with a brake mod the brake doesn't feel right. I bought second hand pedals on ebay but the wheel is hard to recommend in its basic incarnation because of this (I told my bro to get a G29).

So the OP is right, this is a damn good deal.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Get one that works with PS4 and PC. Play the Xbox One games on your PC since the latest and upcoming Forza games are now play anywhere.

Yep. That's the best option this gen as there's just likely not going to be be wheel that will work on all 3 platforms.

I have the T150 and its a great wheel, this gens GT Pro. But the pedals don't have enough resistance so it can difficult to precisely control acceleration and even with a brake mod the brake doesn't feel right. I bought second hand pedals on ebay but the wheel is hard to recommend in its basic incarnation because of this (I told my bro to get a G29).

So the OP is right, this is a damn good deal.

yay someone understands! lol

people are ignoring the fact that this deal comes with the good peddles.

This wheel is arguably much better than the g29 too.

SuprDuperFly

Neo Member
Walked into my local Mall (contains two Gamestops), only one of them had this deal sitting on the shelf. Within that store they only had one.

Had fun trying out the wheel, glad I got 3PA pedals without having to buy another set.

I had been window shopping wheels for more than a year, had I not seen this thread a little while ago, well....

Top Bottom