• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

giveaway: Polara for 3DS - GAFer-made autorun platformer (NA)

maxcriden

I've got four digital copies of the game to give away. I'll try to pick winners in a few days. See "how to enter" below.

SQ_3DSDS_Polara.jpg

Here's the game description from the official page:

Polara is an action game that controls the protagonist Lara, who can change the color of her defense suit to run throughout the whole city with the defensive system.

By corresponding the suit color with the defensive system's attacks, you can pass through it safely. Otherwise, you will be defeated if the color is different.

The only thing you can do is "Jump" and "Change".

But simple doesn't mean it'll be easy. It's the new elemental speed run action that will be a challenge.

Some excerpts from Miiverse:

i8xgvm83wrnr_normal_face.png

Lovechild of both Ikaruga and VVVVVVV, this is a fine game for everyone who likes classic arcade-style experiences.

ynruxxkucnw8_normal_face.png
WVW69jopn2c75VO_R6
The difficulty is really ramping up!

3bvrux7btmsyd_surprised_face.png
WVW69jofXagUWFCH5J

I feel like I'm getting dunked on with these upside down springboards!

--

How to Enter

To enter, please tell me about a funny moment you had playing a game, a favorite funny moment in E3 or other gaming history, a funny glitch you enjoyed in a game. Feel free to interpret that as generally or specifically as you like! I want some deets about how it amused you. And just to keep the entries varied and interesting, you will get greater consideration if it's not an oft-discussed moment or glitch. ☺

Please note: I don't have any affiliation with the publisher or developer. When I do giveaways, sometimes the copies are from me, and sometimes I've gotten them from the developer. I don't receive any compensation for this. I just like to give away games on GAF.

--

(Oh, and if you want to buy the game right now instead, now that Nintendo has a good online store, here are NA and UK links to purchase)

When my sister and i got the original playstation one of the first games we got was resident evil. She decided to play it in the dark with her bff at the time. Once the first zombie attacked her and the controller vibrated she screamed super loud, threw the controller high in the air, and never played it again.

I wasnt exactly playing the game, but it always makes me chuckle a bit when i think of that.

When my sister and i got the original playstation one of the first games we got was resident evil. She decided to play it in the dark with her bff at the time. Once the first zombie attacked her and the controller vibrated she screamed super loud, threw the controller high in the air, and never played it again.

This post confused me greatly because I read it before I read about the contest.

Sadly, I've had too many funny moments playing games to remember any in great detail. :(

maxcriden

I wasnt exactly playing the game, but it always makes me chuckle a bit when i think of that.

Sometimes those controller vibrations and unexpected noises can be really startling! Even when the Wii would make noises from the microphone in a completely innocuous context it would make me jump.

Not really a glitch but when I was like 12 years old I had a bunch of friends over for a sleepover to play Animal Crossing GCN, then when Tom Nooks shop closed we tried out time travel for the first time and it turned that sleepover to an all-nighter. One of my personal favorite video game parties of all time tbh.

Het_Nkik

In Beetle Adventure Racing for N64, you can unlock cheats by finding and smashing flower boxes on the race tracks. One of the cheats lets you select the strength of your handbrake from Normal, High, and Insane.

Now while playing Beetle Battle (multiplayer battle mode) with my nephew, at one point he managed to make his car suddenly spin around like a top (crazy fast rotation) and go flying over the boundary walls of the stage and into the abyss beyond. Through some trial and error, we discovered that the Insane handbrake caused this crazy glitch only in multiplayer mode. While driving up any sort of ramp or incline, right as you're about to leave leave the ramp for a jump, if you slam on the handbrake while turning your car, you can get the spinning top and fling every time. It might have to be done in conjunction with the regular brake. It's been a lot of years.

Multiplayer for us in the game simply became a contest to see which of us could get our cars to fly off the tracks furthest and all the different surfaces we could make it happen on. It was really fun and the only glitch that's ever become a full on "game mode" for me.

I think this glitch is unknown as I can't find anything about it on the internet. I should dust off the N64 and record a video of it.

ngower

"Funny" is probably not the right term, but it's one of my fonder memories of gaming. Early in the days of online console gaming (for me, at least) I played a copy of Unreal Tournament a friend has rented from the local game store. Someone was throwing out rampant homophobia on the mic, so I started telling him I was gay and trying to sorta alter his worldview. I was in the closet at the time and my friends/his mother were in the room, so I was sorta masking it under this whole educational pretense to them, but it was one of the first times I publicly declare my sexuality, even if it was in a roundabout, veiled way.

Top Bottom