• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PBS FRONTLINE: "The Choice 2016" - premiering @ 9PM tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz

For those who want a deeper look into the candidates and the stories shaping this election, or if you're just now paying attention, this is a mandatory viewing. They did a documentary in the last election comparing Obama and Romney and it was very insightful and very well produced.

Watch here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are two of the most polarizing presidential candidates in modern history. On Tues., Sept. 27, FRONTLINE’s acclaimed election-year series, “The Choice,” returns — going behind the headlines to investigate what has shaped these two candidates, where they came from, how they lead and why they want one of the most difficult jobs imaginable. From veteran FRONTLINE filmmaker Michael Kirk, “The Choice 2016” will investigate formative moments in Clinton and Trump’s lives through interviews with those who know them best, providing in-depth, trustworthy reporting and powerful new insights at a moment when voters are being bombarded with conflicting partisan stories about each candidate.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I hadn't really put much thought into the idea that Trump is just running cause of the White House dinner roast, but the way Omarosa framed it in conjunction with the way Trump has behaved this past year makes me think it's not far from the truth which is just terrifying.

Cartman86

Banned
Seth Meyers brilliant coverage of Trump this past year may just be a sort of effort to undo any "damage" he thinks he may have done in that roasting.

Wiz

Seeing some of these old clips where Trump is talking politics, you could have believed it was from last week. Wow.

besada

Banned
Bill Clinton was such an asshat. He sent Hillary on PR tours about Lewinsky scandal before finally admitting it :(

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that Bill is something of a giant asshole, if one knows his history. A charming, talented asshole, but asshole nonetheless.

Biske

Frontline is so god damn incredible.

After that I have a newfound respect for Hillary. Yeah the secrecy stuff, and she is too house of cards-y to be all starry eyed about. But fuckin' hell she knows how to fucking work and is sharp as a tac. Utterly confident in her as president. She just doesn't fuck around.

Trump, and this is silly but also serious his hair should disqualify him. There is an almost absurd charm to it, I used to think he was just trying to hide baldness, but no, thats how he does his hair, done it shitty his whole life (seems to also be a family thing) but I think it shows he just doesn't know how to run shit. He is pretty brilliant in what hes done, this documentary showed that really they are both geniuses in their own way. But Trump is a genius in the worst way in that he can take nothing and build a brand around it and sell that, but when it comes to the actual content, its just all bullshit and fuck everyone else but Trump, no matter how it looks or what it takes, prop yourself, prop your hair, prop it the fuck up and fuck the rest.

Nepenthe

Trump's father was an ice-cold, eugenics-spouting son of a bitch. No wonder Trump is so heinous; I almost feel sorry for the dude.

Biske

Trump's father was an ice-cold, eugenics-spouting son of a bitch. No wonder Trump is so heinous; I almost feel sorry for the dude.

The one spot I did find pretty touching was his brother and how he was treated. And when Trump talks about his brother it's some of the only times he seems to be a real human.

besada

Banned
So part of Trump's staff, Omarosa, acknowledges that Trump is running to shove all the mean people's dicks in the dirt.

3eUlYWx.gif

Man. They brought out the long knives on Trump. Not one iota of positivity for anything in his entire life story, described as either pathological or revenge or a used car salesman blowhard woven of pure ego and devoid of empathy. Yikes.

Hillary fares better, though her fiery and intellectual beginnings still lead up to projecting an image that she'd transform herself into anything required to advance her ambitions.

This all just reminds me how much I'll miss Bams when he leaves office.

Necrovex

I forgot this was coming out. I will certainly watch and share it with my fellow friends. I can never have enough Frontline. Best show no one knows about.

Almighty

I have been looking forward to this Frontline since Trump won the nomination. I will be watching this sometime tomorrow.

master15

As always Frontline delivers. Great different accounts on both Trump and Hilary.

Her steely resolve and the fact she has faced incredible hurdles and obstacles and keeps going, gave me a new found respect for Hilary.

Hillary's comment when they confirmed Gaddafi dead was chilling.. She just comes off as a super evil person. Her achievements are impressive though, she's been through some shit, Bill failed her.

Trump's life holy shit. Imagine the scene's if he loses? He'll never recover.. But then again he's recovered plenty times before. This guy is so calculating, he knows exactly what he is doing.

PBS are a class on their own.

Prax

Watched it and it was really interesting!
Loved the deep dive into the building blocks of each's personality.
I can see why Hilary is so distrusted. It's like the world battered this young idealistic and brilliant politically active youth into a secretive and cold strategist (colder than hwo she was anyway. I think her youth is more idealistic geek girl). On the plus side, I see her as fighting on the side of general good, so.. w/e.
Trump's on Trump's side though. Everything about him is self-promotion in one way or the other or blowing fuses. I do feel kinda sorry for his crappy childhood, but him thriving in military school and general mentality is all red flags.

Just got done watching and didn't get up for even a second. Truly fascinating. Everyone should watch it before they vote. Great background on both of them.

mackattk

3/4 of the way through watching this and this is scary as shit.
Hillary's comment when they confirmed Gaddafi dead was chilling.. She just comes off as a super evil person. Her achievements are impressive though, she's been through some shit, Bill failed her.

Trump's life holy shit. Imagine the scene's if he loses? He'll never recover.. But then again he's recovered plenty times before. This guy is so calculating, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Who knows how much money he is banking in on this election. He will consider it a financial success.

Was going to watch it but PBS and the youtube mirror have locked me out from watching it because I'm a dirty Canadian. Guess I'm SOL on this one.

You're offended that she didn't show proper respect to a murderous despot who oppressed his people and was guilty of pretty much everything under the sun, including human trafficking and rape.

You're offended that she didn't show proper respect to a murderous despot who oppressed his people and was guilty of pretty much everything under the sun, including human trafficking and rape.
Show respect? The fuck are you spinning about? Hillary is laughing at someone else's death. You don't mock death.

Even when OBL was killed Obama came out and voiced his death the way a president would.

She lives up to her reputation of being hawkish, it's in her blood.

Blader

I just watched the first couple minutes but Omarosa sounds crazy. "Bow down before President Trump", "the most powerful man in the universe." This is some Skeletor shit!

Also, the fact that Trump's own advisers are confirming his whole presidential bid was born out of revenge toward Obama for being embarrassed is incredible. Why the hell would they admit that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom