• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else get an email about the Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition?

Just got an email stating the following:

[URGENT] FINAL FANTASY® XV ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION Available for Preorder

Dear customer,

Thank you for signing up for the FINAL FANTASY® XV ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION waiting list.
We’re excited to let you know that a very limited additional quantity has been allocated for preorders! Because you were first to sign up for our waiting list, you will be able to purchase the item for 48 HOURS starting on Monday Oct 03, 2016 at 9:00AM PDT.

Please order from this private link: [redacted]

Should you miss this 48 hour window, you will miss out on the preorder and the next person on the waiting list will then be able to place an order.

Note: We will try our best to deliver your item by launch date, but because of this is a secondary run, your order may arrive a few days after the November 29, 2016 release date.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

The Square Enix Online Store Team

I'm not sure if they've been sending these out in waves or I'm late to the party, but anyone on the waiting list should check their email ASAP.

JayBabay

God, it's still going for ridiculous amounts on eBay. A friend of mine received this e-mail over a month ago so they are just going by your spot on the waiting list it seems.

God, it's still going for ridiculous amounts on eBay. A friend of mine received this e-mail over a month ago so they are just going by your spot on the waiting list it seems.

Wow, you weren't kidding. Definitely wasn't expecting $800+ ridiculous, though.

Sushigod7

Who is handling distribution? If its Digital River they did this with Ni No Kuni and fucked everyone who got in on the supposed "more available" keep your expectations in check.

Note: We will try our best to deliver your item by launch date, but because of this is a secondary run, your order may arrive a few days after the November 29, 2016 release date.

I find that part interesting. Are they confirming they are trying to get these things to arrive on launch day? Huge if true.

I opted for standard shipping when I preordered and they estimated a 10-15 day ship time. I think it was an extra 50 bucks for 2-3 days transit time (not even release day). Insane.

Canceled my pre-order a few days ago. You're welcome!

I actually just cancelled mine today. I couldn't justify $320 CAD for what it offered, and I know the figure would just be a dust collector for me. The artbook is cool and I want that, but after watching kingsglaive I really couldn't care less about having a physical copy of it. Just going to get a special edition and be happy with that.

OP, good luck with getting yours :)

JayBabay

Wow, you weren't kidding. Definitely wasn't expecting $800+ ridiculous, though.

Yeah, so there's that if you are interested, hard to pass up.

I find that part interesting. Are they confirming they are trying to get these things to arrive on launch day? Huge if true.

I opted for standard shipping when I preordered and they estimated a 10-15 day ship time. I think it was an extra 50 bucks for 2-3 days transit time (not even release day). Insane.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I got the deluxe edition in addition to the Collector's for that very reason but it seems like they may all arrive on launch day according to that statement.

Goddamn, those shipping prices. Definitely not even going to consider it now.

I actually just cancelled mine today. I couldn't justify $320 CAD for what it offered, and I know the figure would just be a dust collector for me. The artbook is cool and I want that, but after watching kingsglaive I really couldn't care less about having a physical copy of it. Just going to get a special edition and be happy with that.

OP, good luck with getting yours :)

No, I'm in the same boat as you. If they released a collector's edition without the figure for a significantly reduced price, I might be in. Like you said, I can't justify the price of entry when most of that money seems to be going towards a (from what I've heard) cheap figure that will either sit in the box or collect dust on a shelf.

Top Bottom