• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV first 45 minute gameplay video (final build of the game)

This looks hot. Nice and clean, smooth performance. And I'm struck again by just how good all the contextual animations are.

Ceravic

I know I said yesterday that my blackout began then, but i had to bite. Holy fuck the delay was 100% worth it. Okay, now back to black out mode for real.

Wow, I was actually considering cancelling my preorder after all the negative press over the past half year, but this is a considerable improvement. Hope it will be worth it in the end :D

Exentryk

With the PS4 Pro and what I've heard about aerial combat recently, I think I'm going to change my mind about waiting for the PC version and pick this up for the PS4Pro.

sappyday

Is it just me or did they also improve the speed in which the dialogue comes out? When they're pushing the car the lines from each character had like a 1 second pause before but now it's more fluid.

Edit: Yea they definitely did. Their lines come after each right away while in the Gamescon footage there was pauses between each line.

Gonna be the first game I get when I get a pro, but this looks considerably improved. Even the xbox one footage from not too long ago looks way better

Foliage and performance looks great. I've only gotten to skim through the video at the moment, but the game seems a lot smoother. Can't wait!

Is it just me or did they also improve the speed in which the dialogue comes out? When they're pushing the car the lines from each character had like a 1 second pause before but now it's more fluid.

I'd thought the dialogue at the beginning seemed a bit more natural, and I was a bit confused as to how and why, as they wouldn't have re-recorded anything at this stage. Fixing the spacing would make sense.

BumRush

So I know we don't have the finished product in our hands, but going by videos and impressions, this last 3-4 months were incredibly well spent.

CuH4sbLUIAAzDCT.jpg:large

Coutesy of Rurouni720 on Twitter

Aters

Most JRPGs allow player to adjust text speed. FFXV better have that option.

Zetta

Looks DAMN good. The interaction at the beginning from out heroes had me with a smile on my face, can't wait to play this. This game feels like its going to be something special, looking forward to it so I can begin my fishing adventures.

After the super dissapointing showing at E3, I vowed out of anything FFXV-related, but the last couple weeks seems to show a lot of improvement.
I'm still cautious, but recent impressions have been generally positive.
Here's hoping that the quality is consistent for the whole experience.

Excuse my ignorance. Excited for the game. Just like the possibility of them still working on the game.

This means any other fixes or improvements possibly will be on day 1 patch from here on out?

Philippo

Excuse my ignorance. Excited for the game. Just like the possibility of them still working on the game.

This means any other fixes or improvements possibly will be on day 1 patch from here on out?

Don't expect any substantial from D1 patches, one of the reasons for the delay was that Tabata didn't want the game to ship with a massive Day One patch.

sappyday

Yea I'm pretty sure the director said the game is content locked. So the disk version is now just waiting to go gold. Any changes they make will come through a patch. But the patch won't be anything big like how it was supposed to be if it came out last week.

Vex_

Banned
Looked at the first 20 secs of the video - closed it.

I already know what time it is. Im in there like swimwear come release date. This game is phenomenal. It looks superb and has the right type of campy dialog I love. This game will sell like hotcakes, and put square back at the top as the best rpg makers again.

I cant wait. The king is back!

Koozek

Benzy or someone, please do a quick screengrab comparison with this and the first 50min footage from August :D Should be eye-opening to those who were doubting that SE could turn things around in that short time span. I been telling y'all what wonders optimization at the final stretch of game development can do!

Couple more comparisons:

Note Noctis's hair, lighting/shadow on his shirt, face, and in the background details. Top is "before", bottom is "after".

Noctis's hair again, as well as lighting improvements on the car hood and Cindy's skin (in my last post, also note extra details on her skin and a generally less washed-out look).

Yeah, Tabata has said that the final buid is done and they're working on the certification process. This is what we'll be getting on the disc.

xion4360

I would say this is near final but not quite.. it hasnt gone gold yet no? anyway delay was definitely warranted.

EDIT- so pretty much final

wbEMX

"Trophy earned: "Noct You Like A Hurricane""

So bad it's good again.

But yeah, the delay seems to have been the right decision. This looks much better than the E3 material. Getting hyped!

Koozek

Looked at the first 20 secs of the video - closed it.

I already know what time it is. Im in there like swimwear come release date. This game is phenomenal. It looks superb and has the right type of campy dialog I love. This game will sell like hotcakes, and put square back at the top as the best rpg makers again.

I cant wait. The king is back!

bdxRlau.gif

wmlk

They fixed like all of the annoying problems that I had with earlier versions. Thank goodness. Especially the opening dialogue where they used to wait minutes before saying another line.

Top Bottom