• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV first 45 minute gameplay video (final build of the game)

wmlk

iuvktj.gif

Rappy

It definitely looks and runs better but that's never been the part I was worried about. The combat system still looks like a terrible bore.
Meh, looks fun to me. It's no Bayonetta or Nier: Automata but certainly looks a lot more fun than Witcher 3's combat. Of course it only looks that way to me as I haven't played it so maybe it might become stale or boring after awhile. The different weapons, skills, parry system, and magic make it seem like it might keep things fresh though.

Zetta

I have a question, have there been any videos just related to fishing? This is one of the side games I'm most looking forward too. I'm going to be fishing for a great while with how the fish models are presented.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It definitely looks and runs better but that's never been the part I was worried about. The combat system still looks like a terrible bore.

I'll never understand complaints like this, in the context of talking about a series where combat using to be picking the word "fight" on a text menu.

On the face of it, it is much more dynamic combat that your usual RPG, and I have zero doubt that it will get interesting once the high-level RPG strategy kicks in.

DrBretto

Banned
Welp, all we need is the REAL trailer - the one cut by the pros, not thrown together by the monkeys at SE Presents - and drive this bad boy home. You know it's coming.

jb1234

I'll never understand complaints like this, in the context of talking about a series where combat using to be picking the word "fight" on a text menu.

I have zero doubt that it will get interesting once the heavy RPG strategy kicks in.

There's a lot more strategy involved in those older games than just running to an enemy and holding a button to attack. I didn't like the combat in either of the two demos I played but I'm willing to change my mind if they've made upgrades and there's more to it than presented in those demos.

Also, the car gets really bad gas mileage.

Game looking damn nice. While Cindy's design make my eyes roll now the older I've gotten and I find the MC's Sasuke dank looking ass so unappealing because Naruto ruined it forever, I'm starting to get more interested into the game again, been on a media black out for a while.

Elios83

Glad that they managed to improve the base version of the game and delay seems to be worth it. The Gamescom build looked poor, no way around it.
I'm really looking forward to see more of the Pro version since it will benefit of the progresses they have made on the basic version as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
There's a lot more strategy involved in those older games than just running to an enemy and holding a button to attack.
The beginning of most RPGs is just hitting fight over and over again. That's the equivalent of holding a button to attack in FFXV.

You won't be able to get away with that for long in either old-school or new-school game systems.

Of course it will become strategic as you get into the game.

Welp, all we need is the REAL trailer - the one cut by the pros, not thrown together by the monkeys at SE Presents - and drive this bad boy home. You know it's coming.
I still think the Uncovered trailer is amazing, it's the trailer that really made me look forward to FFXV.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Game looking damn nice. While Cindy's design make my eyes roll now the older I've gotten and I find the MC's Sasuke dank looking ass so unappealing because Naruto ruined it forever, I'm starting to get more interested into the game again, been on a media black out for a while.

The worst thing about them giving him Sasuke's look is that Noctis is nothing like him. He isn't an ass at all. He isn't even mean or brooding. He's actually a pretty nice guy/friendly with slightly childish tendencies(doesn't like to eat vegetables). The animated series and even previews of the game keep showing this, but people just can't seem to get over his look.

DJIzana

What're the chances we'll see a PS4 Pro dedicated trailer before the PS4 Pro / FFXV original game actually launch?

brad-t

The enemy monsters attacking sporadically and suddenly was a design choice. The team specifically mentioned how they wanted the monsters to feel like actual wild animals and not like typical action game enemies that were predictable in movements. Whether or not that is a good or bad design decision remains to be seen.

I think it's because the expectations for an action game (you can avoid all damage by playing perfectly) doesn't line up with what's expected of an RPG (where the enemy takes its "turn" and damages you no matter what). It's just another aspect of this game's hybrid design.

The worst thing about them giving him Sasuke's look is that Noctis is nothing like him. He isn't an ass at all. He isn't even mean or brooding. He's actually a pretty nice guy/friendly with slightly childish tendencies(doesn't like to eat vegetables). The animated series and even previews of the game keep showing this, but people just can't seem to get over his look.

I'm glad it's like that. It'll teach some people not to judge a book by its cover.

Reminds me of when people automatically labeled Delsin as a douche just because of his design. Apparently he actually ended up kinda being one but that's besides the point lol.

Koozek

And I remember some people who claimed that two months are not nearly enough to polish those visuals while at the same time removing bugs and glitches.

This footage is delicious. Game looks fantastic.

To be fair, I'm sure it will still be fairly buggy because of the nature of open-world games of this scale. It's something that you just can't avoid to a certain level with such a large volume of assets and so many dynamic, intertwining physics and animation systems. There will be NPCs floating in the air or getting stuck in walls in the background while you're in a cutscene etc., and you'll like it :p

Teknoman

Still dont think stand by me (or any licensed music) should've been in the game... The actual OST is top notch though. Battle music is cool and im really glad they brought back the classic pre-battle bassline.

Whompa02

Looked at a few before and after shots.

It's like they wiped away an entire layer of gunk on it.

Damn. Looks great. I cant wait.

Yeah, I'm so glad he's nothing like Sasuke. Masashi Kishimoto had such a hard on for Sasuke in the Naruto series, it just ruined it so bad.

Elios83

What're the chances we'll see a PS4 Pro dedicated trailer before the PS4 Pro / FFXV original game actually launch?

I really hope so, maybe around the Pro's launch period, but keep in mind that Square Enix has zero interest in sending the message that the XB1 and PS4 versions are inferior even if they are because that's where they're going to make their money, just like no publisher is going to push the PC version of their multiplatform games separately to highlight the differences, actually they want to sell the PC version as if it was the console one, but that's an other issue :D

This is really quite nice looking. I've hemmed and hawed about whether or not I want to get the game for a good while now. But after seeing this footage I think I might be sold on it. There were some interesting bits to the combat in the previous demos, but it had issues. Hopefully what people have said about the improvements turns out to be true.

I really hope so, maybe around the Pro's launch period, but keep in mind that Square Enix has zero interest in sending the message the game that XB1 and PS4 versions are inferior because that's where they're going to make their money, just like no publisher is going to push the PC version of their multiplatform games separately to highlight the differences, actually they want to sell the PC version as if it was the console one, but that's an other issue :D

We will see the Pro version of basically every game that releases once they are ready to be shown. 90% of all multiplat games show primarily PC footage over console footage because it's the best looking.

The only reason we haven't seen an extensive FFXV Pro trailer is because the Pro version just isn't ready

platina

Square please. Keep using and updating the Luminous engine. The optimizations you have made are great. It truly is an amazing open world engine.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad it's like that. It'll teach some people not to judge a book by its cover.

Reminds me of when people automatically labeled Delsin as a douche just because of his design. Apparently he actually ended up kinda being one but that's besides the point lol.

I agree and I recommend the animated series of FFXV to anyone here who is somewhat interested. It fleshes out the characters and humanizes them. Even Mr. Happy all the time a.k.a. Prompto has a reason for how he is. I felt like Delsin was only a douche if you played his infamous(evil) playthrough, same with Cole. I always felt like he was more carefree hipster/artist than douche, as he had more of a carefree Sly Cooper style about him rather than 'let me tell you why this is better' attitude.

It goes both ways though. People consider Gears of War characters to be dude bros who mow down everything but when you dive deep into the story they go through some pretty tragic events.

Yeah, I'm so glad he's nothing like Sasuke. Masashi Kishimoto had such a hard on for Sasuke in the Naruto series, it just ruined it so bad.

I feel like Sasuke's lone moments and stories were fine. It was just that every time you put Naruto into the same scene(s) with him everything goes to trash. They just feel like they were written for two different shows for 80% of that series.

DOWN

Banned
Kinda fuckin weird there was this much of an improvement in the last couple of months of developmwnt

Kinda fuckin weird there was this much of an improvement in the last couple of months of developmwnt

Well according to SE the game was done they were going to just strictly focus on polish. If that's true and you have a Team the size of the FFXV one (several hundred people) just focusing on building nothing new and just optimizing the experience you can get a lot done

I agree. I felt like Delsin was only a douche if you played his infamous(evil) playthrough, same with Cole. I always felt like he was more carefree hipster/artist than douche, as he had more of a carefree Sly Cooper style about him rather than 'let me tell you why this is better' attitude.

It goes both ways though. People consider Gears of War characters to be dude bros who mow down everything but when you dive deep into the story they go through some pretty tragic events.

Oh ok I wouldn't know because I haven't played the game, but I still see him called that every now and then :x Can't really weigh my own thoughts on it though.

Graphically it definitely looks better, which is nice, but the combat still looks so simplistic and floaty. The end fight of the Platinum Demo just killed any of my excitement for the gameplay, and it looking and running better doesn't fix that.

DrBretto

Banned
I still think the Uncovered trailer is amazing, it's the trailer that really made me look forward to FFXV.

Yep.

Uncovered and 2013 E3 were on a different level from everything else we've seen in between. They could not have been done by the same people as the other trailers. The last Kingsglaive trailer, too. Those three were cut by pros. I would be shocked if there isn't still one more before release. And it's going to knock some goddamn socks off. There will be tears. It's happening.

Top Bottom