• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV first 45 minute gameplay video (final build of the game)

LowParry

PSY・S;219343079 said:
What we saw before was final. It just didn't include the day one patch. If the game still released in September disc only players would've known the game as the mess we saw before.

And the reviews probably would of gone all to shit. The delay was needed and we're seeing the outcome. SE made the right choice.

I for one am fucking hyped for the game. This and TLG. Wet dreams.

It's finally coming...SO NEAR! >_<
pxwoy1dz3mpkebxp6lkg.gif

TrueOutlook

Neo Member
Looking pretty good, I will wait for Digital Foundry before deciding whether or not to jump in first though, that and some reviews (learn my lesson from pre-ordering FFXIII), but I have high hopes for this one.

Also, just a warning, theres a book from 36:10 - 36:20 that I'm pretty sure lists all the summons in the game, or at least a bunch of them, I didn't look into it in that much detail as I would have liked to avoid that, so much for spoiler free!

Philippo

Well, I guess KH3 and FF7r still have a chance of being good so I won't completely write S-E off just yet but yeah. That still looks pretty bad.

Lmao it's like we've been watching two completely different games this entire year that they've been releasing footage. This game is like a low rent DmC.

I don't know man, most of the people who watched the footage, as well as both press and users who played the recent builds came out extremely optimistic, and most where positively impressed by the combat.

Ruff

I'm glad they severely reduced the dithering effect on the hair transparency. It was going to bug me so much how grainy all their hair looked.

Socivol

Really liked the sprites on the weapon shop menu. They have changed some of the names of items as well. The map used to be called "Map of Lucis" and the coin that Ardyn throws used to be called the Oracle Ascension coin.

The sprint gauge also seems to be gone so I'm wondering if you have an unlimited sprint now. It looks really good and I really enjoy the banter between the guys. I'm just hoping that they can maintain that throughout the game. The hair for most of the characters looks much better but oddly Ardyn's hair still looks like shit I wonder what happened to his.

Fou-Lu

I've been safetly containing my hype until now, but suddenly I feel about ready to explode. It's really, truly almost here and it looks like exactly what I wanted. I've had ups and downs with the content shown, but it certainly looks to me like they've pulled it off. In less than two months I will be playing a new main line Final Fantasy again and shirking off studying for the finals for my masters courses. It'll be like Final Fantasy 12 all over again except back then I was just skipping high school classes.

Aenima

So glad the backgrounds and vegetations looks nice now. The blur fest/ low res backgrounds was turning me off.

Did they improved the X1 version too? Just noticed the old video with lower res assets was running on a xbox.

If they managed to pull those graphics on X1 too, it will be the biggest upgrade (after a downgrade) i ever saw with a couple of months delay.

Well, I guess KH3 and FF7r still have a chance of being good so I won't completely write S-E off just yet but yeah. That still looks pretty bad.

Lmao it's like we've been watching two completely different games this entire year that they've been releasing footage. This game is like a low rent DmC.

Good thing it isn't trying to be like DmC

wmlk

So glad the backgrounds and vegetations looks nice now. The blur fest/ low res backgrounds was turning me off.

Did they improved the X1 version too? Just noticed the old video with lower res assets was running on a xbox.

If they managed to pull those graphics on X1 too, it will be the biggest upgrade (after a downgrade) i ever saw with a couple of months delay.

Benzy did an XBOX before and after here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218853116&postcount=304

Didn't want to watch much cause I've been trying to go on a media blackout, but man it looks so good. I'm happy they delayed it to ship it looking this good. I imagine that day one patch was going to big.

Ahhh man, we're so close guys!! I can't wait till next month :)

Koozek

Be prepared to have your mind blown :D From a few days ago:
LODs and grass looks so much better now on Xbone. Much less shadow and grass pop-in too.

today
UWbc.png

a month ago
VWbc.png

Arkeband

Banned
This game is a roller coaster of eyesore footage and then unbelievable footage.

I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Gbraga

I mean, there are two demos, you don't need to judge just based on released footage.

And DmC has a lot of depth in its combat too. It seems you have an issue with acknowledging depth in a game you dislike. Not having as much depth as X doesn't necessarily mean it's shallow. There is an enormous gap between SHITSUX and DMC4, and pretty much every single game ever created is somewhere in-between. If Capcom makes a DMC5, it'll most likely be part of that gap as well.

This game is a roller coaster of eyesore footage and then unbelievable footage.

I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Believe in the me that believes in you.

SoulUnison

Banned
I really, really need to see a definitive statement of the improvements the PRO will bring to XV.

Will the frame rate be unlocked for PRO, giving us occasional glimpses of 60FPS?
Will the 1080p/30FPS be rock-solid and absolute?

If the only boons the PRO will bring are blowing the game up to resolutions my display can't handle anyway, then I'm sold on the Special Edition XV PS4 Slim.
But, if there's meaningful performance enhancements at 1080p then Sony can squeeze an extra 100 bucks out of me for this game, as well as Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

So far it feels like Sony and this game are selling me *out* of a PRO by showing constantly improving OG PS4 performance and being incredibly vague about what the PRO actually brings to the table for this game besides: "Something, we promise."

Dark_castle

I think graphically and technically, it has seen a lot of improvements. Before there was like a weird vaseline effect that blurs the screen, now it's seemingly gone.

So all that is nice, but I still think the opening hour is weak. Nothing's really happening story-wise, we get no proper introduction to the characters and the setting, they dropped player into some kind of sandbox, open field with boring MMO quest to do (fight x monsters, find x item), and I fucking hate Cindy. Fuck her character design, fuck her accent.

Gbraga

I think graphically and technically, it has seen a lot of improvements. Before there was like a weird vaseline effect that blurs the screen, now it's seemingly gone.

So all that is nice, but I still think the opening hour is weak. Nothing's really happening story-wise, we get no proper introduction to the characters and the setting, they dropped player into some kind of sandbox, open field with boring MMO quest to do (fight x monsters, find x item), and I fucking hate Cindy. Fuck her character design, fuck her accent.

Her accent is cool :(

Not gonna watch the video but the reactions in this thread sound promising. I've been really worried about this game, but it seems like they're doing some good work in the final stretch. And I'll be playing this on a Pro, so I'm expecting great things.

Holy shit this looks so good. I think my excitement has been rekindled. Now I just need to keep trying my best to avoid spoilers and I'll be all set for Nov 29th :)

What's wrong with her accent? You got somethin' 'gainst the South?

It bears very little resemblance to DmC, and it's not trying to be a character action game. It's a weird tactical action RPG hybrid system. SE always does their own thing with battle systems, and more often than not they deliver.

Regardless, my point wasn't that it's character-action tight, it was merely that there are a LOT of combat systems to unlock and juggle in this game.

Tyaren

Not just IQ, textures and LOD changed for the better...but strangely the terrain partly too. o . O
(Open both images in a new browser tab and click back and forth for the best comparison.)

Now:

29534972864_9c730b03fe_o.jpg

Then:

29285306185_7149f50294_o.jpg

nemisis0

Music in the background yessss, rwally thought it was only going to be when fighting only but the videos just proved it's not.

ubiblu

Wow, this actually looks playable! The platinum demo was so choppy and had such piss poor fps consistency. Colour me excited again!

Tyaren

Pretty drastic lighting and texture change:
(Open both images in a new browser tab and click back and forth for the best comparison.)

Now:

29535172454_68cfa6392e_o.jpg

Then:

29647342161_dd79a7de77_o.jpg

Also better antialiasing on Noctis' hair. :)

Pretty drastic lighting and texture change:

Now:

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5727/29535172454_68cfa6392e_o.jpg[/]

Then:

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8414/29647342161_dd79a7de77_o.jpg[/]

Also better antialiasing on Noctis' hair. :)[/QUOTE]
Different cars in background too?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
This is a textbook example of why delays are good. Issues are fixed while the cost of the game remains the same.

Top Bottom