• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV first 45 minute gameplay video (final build of the game)

Vex_

Banned
It looks way, way better now. The framerate seems to be quite steady too.

I'm still super-glad that JP voice work is an option in this game. I just can't into Cindy's Texas accent.

Agree. That's the only voice I dont like. I wish I could make her voice jp only with subtitles and leave the rest. Whoever directed her to do THAT..... abomination needs to rethink things. That is blasphemy.

Tyaren

Different cars in background too?

They are always randomly generated in each scene. ;)

Better lighting, more texture quality, more detailed geometry and vegetation in the back

(Open both images in a new browser tab and click back and forth for the best comparison.)

Now:

29535378473_aa06111bfc_o.jpg

Then:

30129297496_54ee11d1f1_o.jpg

Socivol

Better lighting, more texture quality, more detailed geometry and vegetation in the back

(Open both images in a new browser tab and click back and forth for the best comparison.)

Now:

29535378473_aa06111bfc_o.jpg

Then:

30129297496_54ee11d1f1_o.jpg

This demonstrates what I found so weird about the video. Ardyn's hair actually looks worse while everyone else's looks much better.

Holy, best comparison screen for me so far, no need to open tabs just look at that face-lift haha.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
Again a reminder that the day time and weather is random and even many 'cutscenes' can look different based on that.

Tyaren

Last comparison:

Now:

30164332255_05177e3ab8_o.jpg

Then:

29535633243_5e1f08f1b9_o.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
In real life it's called makeup

In games it's called redesign

toboto pls

yes yes there's no point applying makeup when you work with grease 16 hours a day

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This has assuaged my fear that the non-Pro version would be a bust.

I was really worried they were looking at the launch of the Pro as a hail mary to cover their poorly optimized Luminous engine. "It does look as we promised... on the PS4 Pro".

PS4 standard looks good, Pro will be better. Rather than PS4 looking sub-par and Pro looking good.

The only minor gripe I have is how the lights shine is not seen on Noctis. I have other gripes about various other lighting effects, like the lightning Arachne uses in the other dungeon footage, or the Iron Giant's "pull force". Those effects should give off light that could be seen around them(on in Arachne's case, the lightning flash should illuminate the room).

Aters

Cindy's accent though, that's when the pandering ends. It's so funny it's almost good. I might actually use the English dub.

wmlk

Whoever made the concept for Galdin Quay should get a raise.

Or maybe he doesn't work for the company anymore...

bigmac996

Love the visual upgrades. Damn, I can't believe how hyped I am now. Wish it were coming this month, but I can wait! This is the first time I've seen footage of the car auto driving from point to point. Really doesn't bother me like I thought it would. Some of the lip syncing looks pretty off though in the secondary dialogue sequences. Not a dealbreaker by any stretch though.

artsi

Always believed in Tabata and his team to deliver a great final product.

People who program engines like Luminous usually aren't clueless about optimization methods, it's was just a matter of time.

There seems to be a random book in Galdin Quay that names all if not most of the summons.

And I hope that Dino guy appears from time to time, FFXV is in dire need of 1950s mob speak.

Top Bottom