• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar released Bully 10 years ago today

oni-link

The game was first released on 17th October 2006 for the PS2

Bully_frontcover.jpg

I didn't play the game until 2013, but it's probably tied with GTAV as my favourite Rockstar game.

The open world was small but full of detail, and I loved that a lot of the NPCs were actually characters and not random just random character models

The seasons changing and the seasonal events (Halloween, Xmas) were fantastic as well, they gave the world a great sense of place

Now that it's been a decade I suppose the chance of a sequel is pretty much non existent, unless that is what Rockstar were teasing earlier today (though that's almost certainly RDR)

Back in 2006, in just under the space of a month you had Bully, Okami (September 26th) and God Hand (October 10th) all come out within 30 days of each other

Zareka

As much as I love Red Dead gosh darn it Bully's the one that needs a sequel.

I'm almost happy Red Dead 3 is a thing if only for the chance R* could work on Bully 2 after its done.

...please?

illadelph

This was such a refreshing game to play. Like a lot of the GTA games, the whole product was better than the sum of its parts. It was fun just to explore the world around you. The OST was really great, too.

The Argus

I would love a Bully 2 either as a T rated true successor to the original set in a different boarding school.

Or the seemingly hated idea of an M rated Frat/Sorority based Animal House simulator.

Damn I guess today was the final nail in the coffin then, specially after that teaser T_T
Definitely my 2nd favorite non-GTA tittle behind Sleeping Dogs and first played it months ago when it released on PS4.

...and I still haven't finished it.

Just got bored with all the lessons repeating and the generally repetitive gameplay. It was fun for a while, but the novelty wore off.

LKSmash

Never got around to Bully. I need to. Hopefully it's not something they never return to based on all the praise I've seen for it.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Wow, has it honestly only been 10 years? I thought Bully came out a longer time ago than that.

I was just thinking the same. Normally in these situations it is the reverse.

I bought it on steam long ago and need to replay it. It wasn't my favorite. Rockstar game but I enjoyed it enough.

Roufianos

Soundtrack was amazing. Missions were fun and the dialogue was funny as hell.

Incredible game, I'd take a sequel over another Read Dead or Max Payne anyday.

great game.

is the ps4 version good?

It's okay. The frame rate is pretty awful and the camera can be a shit, but the game's more than good enough to let you overlook these things. Controls are pretty solid and it still has one of my favourite settings and environments from any R* game.

I've been playing it recently too. Just need to go back and finish it.

Still got my ps2 collector's edition unopened. Not because I thought it would be a collector's item, but because I didn't have time to play it back then so I never got around to opening it.

I remember the issues trying to order it back when it was first announced. either gamestop.com wouldn't ship it to Canada to my parents home, or they wouldn't accept my Canadian credit card/billing address since I was living in the states at the time. Luckily they had a listing for it on barnes and noble (which owned gamestop I think) and they had no issues, so I ordered it through their storefront.

I really need to play it. the 360 version would be the best version of the game, right?

Kazaam

This was such a refreshing game to play. Like a lot of the GTA games, the whole product was better than the sum of its parts. It was fun just to explore the world around you. The OST was really great, too.

Trying to wrap my head around this. Isn't the whole game basically the sum of its parts? But yeah, Bully was great.

Astarte

Honestly, this is the one game in my top 10 that isn't some form of Japanese. It was so good, refreshing, and it was one of the games that I definitely put time into 100%ing.

SEQUEL WHEN?

Top Bottom