• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Will Last 70 Hours on Average, No Current Plans for PC Release

Alexious

Tried searching, but didn't find anything on this story.

Game Director Fumihiko Yasuda commented on Nioh's length (70 hours on average, which seems a huge amount for a game that's not open world), likelihood of PC port (no current plans) and more.

I assume there'll be lots of side content as I just cannot imagine the main story to take this long.

TreIII

Sounds about par for a "Souls-like".

They've already talked about DLC, too, so it should stand to be able to hang for awhile. After that beta, especially, I can't wait for this!

RexNovis

Banned
Cannot wait! Absolutely my #1 most anticipated game right now. I've been itching to play it again for weeks. Hope they do another Beta again before release.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is it paid for by Sony, or is there a Sony contract i wonder?

Its just strange because Koei Temco has been into PC ports for a while now.

My guess is somesort of Sony contract stretching back to when it was first announced.

Jawmuncher

Is it still releasing in crowded February?

We know with SFV, that even if there's Sony money games still seem to appear on PC. It was even revealed as a "console exclusive" or whatever that branding is.

If I recall Koei Tecmo has an odd policy on how they do ports, so might be a case of where they have so many hands on deck on making nioh a hit. They don't want to worry about a PC port. If dark souls 1's delayed port was any indication, people will come if it's good.

CHC

Jesus, that is a long game. Good though.

Shame about PC, but I will admit that hearing "no current plans" gives me a so_youre_telling_me_theres_a_chance.gif feeling.

bati

At this rate I'm really going to have to buy a PS4, lol. The salt pile that I'm sitting on is already large enough because of Bloodborne and now this. Do japanese publishers hate money or something? I'd be so willing to throw my principles (60 fps etc) out the window for these games.

Its just strange because Koei Temco has been into PC ports for a while now.

My guess is somesort of Sony contract stretching back to when it was first announced.

I guess it's more of a limited time thing.

Nothing kills my hype more than a multiplatform not coming to PC. Especially a game like this which would do well on Steam. No excuse.

Kuosi

Have they not taken a look at Souls series sales on PC? There's pretty big audience for the "genre". Regardless I'll get it for pro

silva1991

At this rate I'm really going to have to buy a PS4, lol. The salt pile that I'm sitting on is already large enough because of Bloodborne and now this. Do japanese publishers hate money or something? I'd be so willing to throw my principles (60 fps etc) out the window for these games.

This game does have 60 fps option on PS4. I'm not sure if it drops or not tho(I didn't play the second demo)

Rondras

Banned
Isn't exclusive but don't want to do a PC version...i seriously hate this kind of stupidity. It's more money and the cost isn't that big(costs more to make a ps4 version)

rawbhawb

Sounds good. Greatly looking forward to it.

Hopefully they'll port it eventually. I don't own a PC, but no reason for others to miss out on a cool-looking third-party game like this.

ps3ud0

When is this out again? Normally Id pre-order but kinda against that now, cant imagine it not being brilliant though! Damn this is one of those Feb slippages?!?

See devs, extensive 'betas'/demos can
potentially
led to more sales...

ps3ud0 8)

bigjig

Nioh is 60FPS on PS4 tho :/

orochi91

The game has a 60fps mode and it will likely run amazingly well on the Pro; I'd hold out for that console if you're gonna get a PS4.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Have they not taken a look at Souls series sales on PC? There's pretty big audience for the "genre". Regardless I'll get it for pro
Given every video and press release is adorned with lengthy statements about how it's exclusively for PS4, I'll go out on a limb and say Sony funded at least some amount of exclusivity.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The stamina will still blow in that version too

To be fair I didn't play the beta, but I disliked the alpha a lot.

I guess people enjoyed the changing stances to regain stamina system, but I hated it. Was always "tired" unless I did minimal attacking.

Mad cause bad.

mp1990

Banned
This game does have 60 fps option on PS4. I'm not sure if it drops or not tho(I didn't play the second demo)
I don't recall any serious drops, if any. That said, the game looks ROUGH in Action Mode, hence why I wish they would release it in PC. I got awfully addicted to the beta (even though I'm really bad at it and couldn't even get past the first boss), so I'll probably end up buying the lesser version anyway.

orochi91

Sony probably wants to lock up Nioh as PS exclusive since they let the Souls series go multiplat.

If Nioh is a success, then it could potentially launch a franchise to fill the void now that the Souls series is done for the foreseeable future.

Sony probably wants to lock up Nioh as PS exclusive since they let the Souls series go multiplat.

If Nioh is a success, then it could potentially launch a series to fill the void now that the Souls franchise is done for the foreseeable future.

Where does that leave Bloodborne 🤔
Im fine with it as a one off but still...
It was undoubtedly a success.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I fricken hate that my wallet is going to be drained. Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Horizon all coming out within a month or two of each other, and that's not counting all the other games around that time period as well..

Corpekata

Banned
"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

Hey, they didn't refer to it as some sort of contractual exclusive, so if anything I think I wait a bit, unless the word of mouth is absolutely orgasmic.

I mean, KT releases some absolutely nonsensical ports on PC, so I don't see why they wouldn't do this one, beyond contractual obligations. Or because they are being KT and decide to stop at the one game that likely would be a hit on PC.

When is this out again? Normally Id pre-order but kinda against that now, cant imagine it not being brilliant though! Damn this is one of those Feb slippages?!?

See devs, extensive 'betas'/demos can
potentially
led to more sales...

ps3ud0 8)

Feb 9 released date.

I don't think it would be 70 hours though, Developers like over estimate length

silva1991

I don't recall any serious drops, if any. That said, the game looks ROUGH in Action Mode, hence why I wish they would release it in PC. I got awfully addicted to the beta (even though I'm really bad at it and couldn't even get past the first boss), so I'll probably end up buying the lesser version anyway.

Yeah I do remember it looking rough on that mode, hopefully it looks better by release.

Kuosi

Given every video and press release is adorned with lengthy statements about how it's exclusively for PS4, I'll go out on a limb and say Sony funded at least some amount of exclusivity.

possible and hard to guess what kind of deal they have, smaller games like Salt and Sanctuary which Sony helped financially got 3-4 months of exclusivity, but the game was made on pc first, moved to ps4, japanese devs pretty much have some kind of win32 dev version running then focusing on the console version.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Having to juggle this and Persona 5 at the same time... I may as well stop sleeping I guess

edit: and Yakuza 0

Kudo

With how heavily every video they upload or blog post they do is branded with PS4 Exclusive this didn't really come as a surprise to me.
The only game currently that is making PS4Pro look appealing to me, 1080p/60fps mode seems nice but I might make do with the 720p/60fps or 1080p/30fps.. Choices of life.

Top Bottom