• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm in disbelief with how UTTER TRASH Infinite Warfare's MP is (also, MW still great)

I haven't gotten around to playing the SP campaign yet (which was the primary reason for buying it as well as MWR) as I was wrapping up Titanfall's.

In the meantime, I periodically tried the MP component to see if maybe it improved a little bit from the beta, which I frankly found bizarre.

NOPE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!!!

As the title states, I truly am in utter disbelief with just how much the MP component to Infinite Warfare feels like a dumpster fire.
I don't know if they designed it with nothing but twitch youtubers and their kill montage video ambitions in mind or what, but it's just... not... fucking... good... at all.

It's like... fascinatingly bad:

- Level layouts have no real flow to them. Just a bunch or tight corners with numerous blindspots.
- Said levels do not really facilitate the need for the movement system, like at all (never mind that said movement system is laughable when compared to Titanfall). Some walls you can wallrun on, some you can't. Some walls you can mantle, some... well... not really. At this point, the movement system feels like it merely exists here for reasons...
- The TTK... holy fuck does it not make any sense. As already stated in numerous other places, you can go down in a millisecond even though you emptied 1/3 of your clip into another player. That, coupled with the horrid level design (where you can literally catch other players spawning right in front of you) means you're constantly just doing the live.die.repeat. grind. Even when you do manage to stay alive longer than 10 seconds, the overlapping systems/mechanics/level design/etc. just nullify any potential satisfaction gained. Gains feel like luck instead of skill.
- Gunplay (despite satisfying ballistics/kick and designs) fucking sucks due to the non-existent TTK
- Quick-scoping
- Rigs are.... whatever

I could go on, but yeah, I REALLY tried to at least like this but I.... I just can't. It's BAAAAAD and it this is just even further exacerbated by the inclusion of Modern Warfare Remastered which still feels/plays amazing. Truly, less is more and the teams need to stop chasing shit like Titanfall and try something else.

After playing Titanfall 2, IW's multiplayer is a total slog.

It's like playing Titanfall without the mechs, withouth the good map design, and like someone broke the character's legs.

cackhyena

Sounds like the series is in need of a complete overhaul. I haven't played it since Black Ops seriously. Tried MW3 and bounced off quickly.

T-0800

I'm puzzled by opions like this. I really enjoy it. Even more than BO3.

Oh well.

I don't like TF2 MP. Different strokes I guess.

It's time to move on to TF2. You'll get bored of MWR.

Already a giant TF franchise fan but sometimes you wanna play something different

Im not opposed to the COD franchise trying things either. Im one of those who thought Advanced Warfare's exo suits were awesome.

Swhalen

I haven't played much yet, but I've been enjoying it. My favorite since Advanced. I do prefer TF2 online though.

It's just too slow for what it wants to do. It needed Advanced Warfare's movement rather than BO3's because it's so slow and you eat your boost meter sooooo quickly that while you're fast, your range of movement isn't good enough for how quickly the piss poor netcode pulps you.

Raxus

The worst thing IW could have done is be paired with the far superior CoD4.

It really highlights the heyday of the game before it became the AAA monstrosity it is today.

Really, it boils down to not being different enough.

It needed to fully embrace itself as a unique entity instead of feeling like a lifeless imitation of BO3

I hope one day Activision follows Ubisofts lead and let the franchise take a brake for a year. Give the devs time to innovate more.

Bahahahaha

I echo OPs thoughts on map flow, horrid TTK, slow movement. It just feels bottom of the barrel for whats the biggest mp shooter on the market. OP just play the sp. Lots of cool stuff there.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's kinda funny hearing people use the "low" TTK as a negative when it's the same or even shorter in MWR.

I completely obsessed with Blops 3 in a way i hadn't in a long time. Maybe since Blops 2 launched. Even then i still cant get into IW or can even figure out as to why i dont like it. It just feels generic with bland looking weapons that all feel the same. Im comfortable just playing CoD multiplayer every so many years when Treyarch gets around to there game.

Single player is dope though.

dugdug

Banned
I dunno, I'm having a great time with it. Playing on hardcore makes the TTK a non-issue. I'm having plenty of Titanfall moments on my own bouncing off walls with akimbo guns.

Think it's pretty great, actually!

It's like playing Titanfall without the mechs, withouth the good map design, and like someone broke the character's legs.

See, for me, playing IW is like playing Titanfall 2 without the constant connection issues. Titanfall 2 is completely broken for many of us.

Gator86

I haven't played the full game, but the OP matches my impression of the game from the beta. It's simply astounding how wretched the MP is considering the pedigree of the franchise. Even for my disastrously low expectations, the game is worse. It's just trash. I'm not sure how you give a studio 3 years and what must be an extraordinary budget and this dogshit is what comes out.

There's just literally no reason to play it. TF2 is better at the high speed action, BF1 has the scale, Seige is a great tactical game, everyone already owns a copy of Destiny if you need to play poorly-balanced garbage, etc.

I'm morbidly curious to see how long this shambling monstrosity continues to dominate the market. How long can customers ravenously gobble up rotting trash from the bottom of a dumpster when they could just go to an actual restaurant instead?

I haven't played the full game, but the OP matches my impression of the game from the beta. It's simply astounding how wretched the MP is considering the pedigree of the franchise. Even for my disastrously low expectations, the game is worse. It's just trash. I'm not sure how you give a studio 3 years and what must be an extraordinary budget and this dogshit is what comes out.

There's just literally no reason to play it. TF2 is better at the high speed action, BF1 has the scale, Seige is a great tactical game, everyone already owns a copy of Destiny if you need to play poorly-balanced garbage, etc.

I'm morbidly curious to see how long this shambling monstrosity continues to dominate the market. How long can customers ravenously gobble up rotting trash from the bottom of a dumpster when they could just go to an actual restaurant instead?

Well said

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's the first CoD I haven't bought and I don't regret my decision, it just looks awful. At this point I only trust Treyarch but in general I am absolutely sick of all the futuristic bullshit and gimmick mechanics they keep adding. I just want some boots on ground gunplay.

Phloxy

It's ok, they got your money and they will get it again next fall when Modern Warfare 2 remastered is included.

jeffc919

I'm glad there was a beta so I could see just how bad it is. Otherwise I might have been tempted to pick it up cheap eventually. Played it for a few hours and promptly deleted it. The game is absolute garbage tier.

E92 M3

Play the real Infinity Ward (Respawn) game this year. TItanfall 2 is worlds better than IW. It's unfortunate the fake IW still exists when the heart and soul is at Respawn.

grate

Can't stand it. Not sure how you screw a game up so bad, but here we are.

Grabbed IW, TF2, and BF1 on the target deal.

TF2 is way better, however player numbers are already low.

BF1 is a lot of fun, but the crashes really screw up squad play with friends.

PC gaming, what a trip.

Najaf

I really enjoy it.

From my post in the OT.

"Game is a big surprise for me. I went in expecting a less polished/handling blops3 but have found a game that is on par and has some fresh ideas to boot.

Going 40/2 on Frontline is a fantastic feeling and is a creative way of addressing the fast pace/small maps cod has had of late. The weapons feel great and all feel equalized when deployed in their appropriate strategic role.

Maps so far are the biggest surprise for me. Yes, they are a bit Swiss cheese which seems to be the new cod trend. However, I have really been enjoying them. They also are some of the first maps in a long time that I've actually stopped to take in and appreciate visually.

TBD on the loot system. Scrap drop seems slow, and upper tier weapons are quite expensive. RNG crates were my least favorite part of blops3, and this seems to be here to stay. I do like that for the most part you can craft the weapon you want and don't need to rely on RNG. The addition of classic weapons is a great addition, which also could have easily dipped into RNG, but they chose instead to add to the perks of prestige which is fantastic.

Overall, I'm really happy so far. Have not yet touched the campaign but hear good things."

I was in the same position but it's starting to grow on me (and I'm finally getting some good K/D). Maps are REALLY bad but the gameplay is alright. MWR is nostalgia heaven but man people are abusing the crap out of it like before, way too many quick scopes and campers XD

I was so willing to trade the game but now that Pro is out and I'm loving the campaign and somewhat enjoying MP I might as well keep it, specially since I need IW for MWR anyways. Now if only I can get into Zombies for the 5th try.

Whales

Banned
Really, it boils down to not being different enough.

It needed to fully embrace itself as a unique entity instead of feeling like a lifeless imitation of BO3

nah, IW alone would not have sold very well IMO. Including MWR with it was a genius move, so many people bought IW just for that that sales will look normal...

They will probably do the same with IW2 or whatever the next cod will be: include MW2R. It allows them to make a garbage game but still sell it like hotcakes

dreamfall

I've put 25 hours into it, and it's still difficult to get a hang of. I really enjoy some of the quicker movement options, but at times it feels like a poor man's Titanfall. I've also struggled to figure out how to be an effective LMG player - a lot of the gun options feel very restrictive, where assault classes are way more damaging unless you're hiding very effectively. I also think turning corners and getting gunned in a matter of seconds needs to change - definitely have seen some hilarious spawns on other enemy players.

That being said, it's my first launch COD title since MW2. I'm enjoying myself but it takes a ton of patience.

Music to my ears!

I can't wait for this and Titanfall 2 to plunge in price. I'll wait and buy them both next year. I have no interest in multiplayer for either, campaign only for me.

Bolivar687

Banned
I like it, been playing with a Gaffer somewhat regularly but it's starting to wear on me. The map design constantly funneling you towards action which we've seen since Black Ops II obliterated the mystery, strategy, and situational awareness the the series used to champion.

There's also a stark lack of content similar to BO3 - 12 maps, five or fewer weapons per classs, it's just the same thing over and over soon after you start playing. It's a far cry from the 16 maps, countless weapons and endless replayability the games used to ship with.

bastardly

I've put in hundred of hours into every cod since 4, and this one does feel weird and sort of lacking any sort of an identity especially following Advanced Warfare and BO3.

I really want to like it, but this might be the first time I forego the season pass and just go back to BO3. The TTK is weird and it feels like I'm unloading into fucking ghosts at times, but Ive been pretty much playing exclusively in hardcore and it's actually a lot more fun. Still it feels like such a backward step compared to BO3, I'm just gonna play until I prestige and sell it.

MW is a change of pace, and once the nostalgia wears off, it plays so damn so and feels so robotic now, that I don't know if I can stick with it. I know most people hate how fast COD is now, but I'm so used to it, MW feels like walking though mud. Sucks because I love the maps, wish they just redid them all and threw them into IW with all the crazy shit turned off.

joecanada

I Haven't even played iw but I'm just going to take an educated guess and also say without tf2 servers , hit detection.

Sojgat

Playing IW MP is like being one of the balls in a Ball-in-a-maze puzzle, but the puzzle is inside a gyroscopic paint mixer set to high.

It seems as if it was developed with an open contempt for the target audience. I was actually insulted by it.

Top Bottom