• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favourite anime? (and your favourite anime ost?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondorfo

Mine is a tie between rurouni kenshin, gankutsuoh and rahxephon.

And my favourite anime ost is the ost from the first ova from kenshin and the music from cowboy bebop and noir.

Tamanon

Banned
Fullmetal Alchemist - favorite anime, just a perfect story and resolution, IMO.

Macross Plus - Favorite OST. Classic.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Fav. anime: One Piece
Fav. OST: Samurai Champloo: Departure, Masta, Impression & Playlist

Snaku

Banned
Anime
berserk2520poster2520vh4.jpg

gankutsuouyq1.jpg

Soundtrack
68948ko3.jpg

bjork

anime is probably Genshiken, maybe Hikaru no Go.

soundtrack is... hm. if it's not Bebop, I'm not really sure what it is.

Cowboy Bebop by a landslide. Classic.

I've yet to see an anime as good as CB was. And I see a lot of anime.

Bang... :(

edit: as for my favorite OST, CB obviously, Yoko Kanno is even my favorite composer.

FLCL is another great anime with a great OST, but CB still blows everything away.

yes gaf, CB >>>>> your precious Eureka Seven.

Jake.

i am gonna be generic and say akira, trigun a close second. i have been out of the anime loop for 5+ years though, i only recently started getting into it again by watching death note. so good.

Fireblend

Banned
I just finished watching Eureka Seven today, so I'm gonna say that for favorite, because it would be too hard deciding between that, FMA and Trigun.

As for fav. OST... I'd say Eureka Seven. Although there are some pretty good tunes on FMA too.

Fullmetal Alchemist - favorite anime, just a perfect story and resolution, IMO.

Perfect resolution?

"So, how will we end this? We're not gonna follow the manga, are we?"
"Nah, screw the manga, let's make the guy appear in... Germany in 1921."
"Genius!"

Yeah, I liked it.

Stage On

Anime: Bleach - I'm a big fan of shonen manga and bleach hits the spot with a combo of fast paced fights and consistantly good animation 99% of the time.

Plus unlike some other anime I like (Naruto, Ranma 1/2, Inu yasha, Fullmetal Alchemist) it's fillers are actually GOOD!!!

Sure it was slow to start at first and the Grand fisher story was butched in the orginal run (The Ova version got it right) but once things hit around episode 12-13 and they get ready to go to soal society it takes off and never looks back.

Negima?! Might replace it as my new favorite soon as the first few episodes I've watched
kick total butt and if it keeps this up consistantly it'll be gold! So far at least it kickes the orginal Negima anime's ass.

Ost: Naruto 1 ost

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Film: Akira
Series: Cowboy Bebop (runner-up: Planetes)

Film OST: Akira
Series OST: Cowboy Bebop

JayDubya

Banned
Film: Akira
Series: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Film OST: Akira
Series OST: Cowboy Bebop

And you didn't ask, but Manga: Berserk ;)

Kiljaro

From what little anime I've watched it would have to be Mobile Suit Gundam / Outlaw Star / Rurouni Kenshin. I couldn't choose just one.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Berserk and Hajime No Ippo

Berserk for OST

Also, the Berserk OST is amazing but after watching the Anime and having some of the more pivotal and moving scenes associated with certain songs, it becomes ****en phenomenal.

Ichirou

Banned
My favorites change from time to time, but my current fave is probably Turn A Gundam, with my favorite OST being Vision of Escaflowne's soundtrack.

I personally dont have an all time favourite Anime or OST

So here are my top 3:

Anime:
Hellsing
Evangelion
Azumanga

OST:
Hellsing
Evangelion
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou

Mononofu

I still need to pick up GITS: SAC and akira OST, but here goes.

Anime: Cowboy bebop.

OST: Turn A Gundam: the concert.

ggg-277.jpg

I would not even bother calling myself a truth kanno fan if you don't have this one, I love origa on "moon" but my stupid SACD player stops about 1.15 minutes into it. :(

you can buy it at Anime Castle for $9.99 so don't let amazon.com rape your wallet.

Vandiger

I loved Juuni Kokki(12 Kingdoms). Its too bad this series never had a proper ending, would have loved to see the other nations and rulers. Some of the arcs were left unfinished too :|

420px-12k.jpg

Tsubaki

Mononofu said:
OST: Turn A Gundam: the concert.

ggg-277.jpg

I would not even bother calling myself a truth kanno fan if you don't have this one, I love origa on "moon" but my stupid SACD player stops about 1.15 minutes into it. :(

you can buy it at Anime Castle for $9.99 so don't let amazon.com rape your wallet.

I would not even bother calling myself a truth (sic) kanno fan if you don't have a legitimate CD instead of a Taiwanese bootleg.

The real version is released by Victor Entertainment. They released a limited edition that includes a DVD with about 40 minutes of concert footage, including Origa singing Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom