• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favourite anime? (and your favourite anime ost?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsubaki

Fav anime of all time:

lala-title.jpg

Fav anime OST:

arjuna.jpg
arjuna2.jpg

Holtz has a great pick though... aside from the SonMay disc

Mononofu

Tsubaki said:
I would not even bother calling myself a truth (sic) kanno fan if you don't have a legitimate CD instead of a Taiwanese bootleg.

The real version is released by Victor Entertainment. They released a limited edition that includes a DVD with about 40 minutes of concert footage, including Origa singing Moon.

WHAT? FRAK ME! guess it's time to track down a legit copy. *sigh*

Mononofu

Tsubaki said:
Judging by your reaction, you would probably be interested in taking a look at this, so you can get a better understanding of what is legit and what isn't.

http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html

Japanese CDs, btw, are almost always 3000 yen (~$27) retail price.

Thanks for the the link, I'm usually on top of these things but I let this one slip by thinking only people on ebay sold crap like this. **** I wish i could get my money back now.

Holtz

Tsubaki said:
Fav anime of all time:

lala-title.jpg

Fav anime OST:

arjuna.jpg
arjuna2.jpg

Holtz has a great pick though... aside from the SonMay disc
That's not the disc i bought, man. I just couldn't find a pic of it.
And yes, LOGH is godly. So few people have seen it. :(

Mugen

Banned
For anime I'm going for the obvious. Yes that one.

And for OST. I'm actually not going for CB OST. But I think Escaflowne (1-3+LOVERS) OST is the best anime soundtrack ever.

Yamauchi

Banned
My favorite anime is probably Berserk. This is because the manga is the best thing ever.

Berserk also has the best OST.

mollipen

Same answer for both: Adolesence of Utena

davepoobond said:
and Dirty Pair Flash gets a nomination, for sure.

I became a fan of the Dirty Pair almost twenty years ago now. (Wow that's freaky to think about.) Dirty Pair Flash is total crap, and a mere shadow of the original series.

Ichirou

Banned
shidoshi said:
I became a fan of the Dirty Pair almost twenty years ago now. (Wow that's freaky to think about.) Dirty Pair Flash is total crap, and a mere shadow of the original series.

Uh, no. Dirty Pair Flash is amazingly fun and enjoyable and is a worthy succesor to the original Dirty Pair (if not downright superior to it). Rika Matsumoto and Mariko Kouda FTW.

Also, twenty years ago? lol, you are old. :D

Calidor

Favorite anime: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Favorite OST: hmmm same as above :lol
although Solid State Society OST comes close

MeowMeow

Banned
W O L F S R A I N

I loved the character lord darcia. The english voices were great. I think anyone wondering about heaven and paradise should seriously watch this anime. It gave me a different perspective on why we need paradise in the first place. I wish this anime got an academy award :-(

icecream

Public Health Threat
Ichirou_Oogami said:
Uh, no. Dirty Pair Flash is amazingly fun and enjoyable and is a worthy succesor to the original Dirty Pair (if not downright superior to it). Rika Matsumoto and Mariko Kouda FTW.

Also, twenty years ago? lol, you are old. :D
I like the art of Flash much better. And by itself, it's a fun anime.

Ichirou

Banned
icecream said:
I like the art of Flash much better. And by itself, it's a fun anime.

Yes, exactly. It should be looked upon on its own merits, not just as a sequel/prequel to the original Dirty Pair (though it works well that way too, IMO). Sort of like Warren Adams' (sp?) own take on the characters. Each is viable in its own way. And Dirty Pair Flash is amazingly funny, it's got great character designs and animation, and is just generally a very fun show to watch.

ADV should definitely remaster it and re-release it someday, as the current DVD release is very lackluster in terms of video quality.

Finaika

Anime: I dunno, there's tons of anime I like... I'm too indecisive...

OST: Anything by Kajiura Yuki & Kanno Yoko.

Mato

Either Spirited Away or Akira or Ghost In The Shell or Vampire Hunter D. I can't get any more concrete, impossible.

spiritedwall01zm9.jpg

-edit- On a second thought maybe I can. I love it most of all because it's so impossibly beautiful, artistically and technically. I just want to turn it into a smotthie and taste and drink it and savour it and all that crazy stuff.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Show: Kimagure Orange Road.
Soundtrack: Kimagure Orange Road: Singing Heart. (I'd go for the boxset which contains all the music + vocal dramas, but that's kinda cheating)
Film: Mononoke Hime.

I need to see Haibane Renmei.

Dead

well not really...yet
Aristotlekh said:
Explain why half of you are listing stuff that looks like shit instead of Serial Experiments Lain.
Could be becasue they've actually seen other shows besides Serial Experiments Lain.

Also, opinions, lol.

mollipen

Ichirou_Oogami said:
Yes, exactly. It should be looked upon on its own merits, not just as a sequel/prequel to the original Dirty Pair (though it works well that way too, IMO). Sort of like Warren Adams' (sp?) own take on the characters. Each is viable in its own way. And Dirty Pair Flash is amazingly funny, it's got great character designs and animation, and is just generally a very fun show to watch.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Dirty Pair was one of the first anime titles I got into knowing it was "Japanese animation" (and I was 11 at the time, so I'm not THAT old *heh*), so I kind of hold those characters dear. Flash totally screwed up Kei and Yuri, in my opinion, and the new art style is trash compared to the original old-school designs.

Flash reminds me too much of a lot of anime at that point, so much of which felt like same-old same-old generic crap. It also didn't have anywhere close to the personality of the original series.

Again, though, you're welcome to think otherwise.

gogogow

Hitokage said:
If I have to pick one...

Show: Hajime no Ippo

dempsey_zpsffb3d052.gif

My fav too.
Why don't they make more episodes?
The anime, manga and videogames are so popular. I really don't understand.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's almost, almost, ALMOST, FMA.

But Spirited Away inches out FMA by a hair's breath.

In terms of soundtrack, it actually might be the original .Hack OST. I didn't like much of the series, but damn, that was a fine soundtrack.

icecream

Public Health Threat
shidoshi said:
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Dirty Pair was one of the first anime titles I got into knowing it was "Japanese animation" (and I was 11 at the time, so I'm not THAT old *heh*), so I kind of hold those characters dear. Flash totally screwed up Kei and Yuri, in my opinion, and the new art style is trash compared to the original old-school designs.
Funny thing is the same thing happened with me and Flash. So when I watched the old version I was put off by the art. It's still decent though.

mintylurb

fav anime: prob have to say either kimagure orange road(tv) or nadesico(tv) or captain tylor(tv)..can't choose ;/

fav anime ost: prob orange road soundtrack but i've never paid much attention to anime musics. oh and card captor sakura opening 1 music.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Vandiger said:
I loved Juuni Kokki(12 Kingdoms). Its too bad this series never had a proper ending, would have loved to see the other nations and rulers. Some of the arcs were left unfinished too :|

420px-12k.jpg
Same for me, this series has an awesome story, great animation and character design, and also a great sound track.
Not for behind are the usual suspects Cowboy Bebop, Ippo, Berserk, Azumanga...
As for OST, Cowboy Bepop is up there, FLCL, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Brain Powerd (do not watch the series though, it's *that* bad)...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
series: champloo, bleach, gungrave

ost: all 4 champloo albums, gunXsword, gungrave, last exile(im a really big tsuneo imahori/shuntaro okino fan now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom