• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian English Subtitle/Language Game Releases List (No Western Release)

Did a search and didn't really see a post about this. If there is one that I missed, please direct and close this one.

I recently bought the Asian release of SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, a game that will likely never get released here so I could play this game with English subtitles (even though it'll likely be a fairly poor translation), and wanted to find a list of other games to import that we'll never see here.

Here's what I could come up with:

Vita

Airship Q (English through patch for either JPN/ASN version)
airship-q-426077.2.jpg

Chaos Rings III (English only for CR1, CR2, CRO. CR3 is not translated)
250px-Chaos_Rings_III_boxart.png

Moe Chronicle
250px-Moero_Chronicle_boxart.png

PS4

Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers

Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament

PS4/Vita

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Gundam Breaker 3

Super Robot Wars V

Xbox One

Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Asian version got a downloadable English Patch)

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Hellraider

The Chaos Rings collection has english? Why the hell aren't they just putting them on the store for the rest of the world, then?

Oreshika and Soul Sacrifice Delta for the Vita.

I think this is about games that arent available in any form outside of physical / digital in that region. Oreshika and SSD are digital in the West. The games above are not available in the West without importing/ using those region accounts.

The Chaos Rings collection has english? Why the hell aren't they just putting them on the store for the rest of the world, then?

Last I heard English was supposed to be patched in, but I don't think it ever has. I & II are downloads that you need Asian PSN account on your Vita to use.

Hellraider

Last I heard English was supposed to be patched in, but I don't think it ever has. I & II are downloads that you need Asian PSN account on your Vita to use.

Yeah, it makes more sense if English is not there yet (or probably ever if that's true).

georly

I love this list, thank you. I hope with switch going region free it also opens up devs to implement this practice on more games.

All the Chaos Rings games on vita in a collection in English ? Sign me up !

Anyone knows good sites for importing in Europe ? I usually ordered on play-asia...

muteki

I love this list, thank you. I hope with switch going region free it also opens up devs to implement this practice on more games.

Longer term with no PS handheld in play I could see series like SRW and other traditionally PS handheld titles going the Switch route, so for that reason I hope it is both Region free and not as locked to a single account like the Vita is.

All the Chaos Rings games on vita in a collection in English ? Sign me up !

Anyone knows good sites for importing in Europe ? I usually ordered on play-asia...

I've actually be ordering through ebay because they seem to have those codes for $15 off 60 or 75 every month or two now. Got my SD Gundam game for 45.

That's gonna be a huge category that eclipses the original idea of the thread lol

Yeah that's true I just looked at the list... I think I'll just keep it at this then.

joe2187

Banned
Airship Q as far as i know was only released in japan. But the physical version has a full english localization patch. Even some english voices

t26

Thanks I added it!

Anyone know of any releases like this for non-Sony consoles?

If you are talking about Asian English release there might not be any as Nintendo's' effort in Asia has been lacking, and Ms barely has any Asian/Japanese support. Almost half the game on the list are from Namco Bandi, who is making a strong push in the Asian market.

squall23

It's a V, not a five hahahaha.

BTW, will it release at the same time as the japanese version or will it come out some time after like Moon Dwellers?
Nobody knows. There hasn't really been any news except an English translation will exist.

Shizuka

I used to keep up a list, but it's long been forgotten and become outdated. You can definitely keep track through Dallow's list and Play-Asia, but I'll already help by start saying that Chaos Rings III is not an english asian release.

Sakujou

Banned
there were a bunch of ps3 games, which were playable in english. it would be cool, if someone could make a list.

play-asia did list a lot of games, if they were able to be played on pal, ntsc-j or ntsc-us systems back in the day, i dont know, if this is still existing somewhere to look up.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I ended up grabbing Xuan-Yuan Sword. It's... surprisingly decent, and absolutely fascinating. The English localization is perfectly fine, too. I'll write up some impressions after I dig into it a bit more.

StereoVsn

I ended up grabbing Xuan-Yuan Sword. It's... surprisingly decent, and absolutely fascinating. The English localization is perfectly fine, too. I'll write up some impressions after I dig into it a bit more.

That actually looks pretty interesting. Is this an action RPG with Wuxia/Xianxia setting?

If you are talking about Asian English release there might not be any as Nintendo's' effort in Asia has been lacking, and Ms barely has any Asian/Japanese support. Almost half the game on the list are from Namco Bandi, who is making a strong push in the Asian market.

Damn that sucks. Guess I am gon a need a PS4 in the future. The Vita won't last forever. Hopefully Bandai Namco maybe adds english subs to JP releases or atleast ehop.

I want to just be PC/Switch but SRW would make me buy a PS4.

Damn that sucks. Guess I am gon a need a PS4 in the future. The Vita won't last forever. Hopefully Bandai Namco maybe adds english subs to JP releases or atleast ehop.

I want to just be PC/Switch but SRW would make me buy a PS4.

Well at least for games like I Am Setsuna on switch the English language is on all of the international versions. So hopefully they'll do that for some other games.

bubumiao

Holy shit, didn't expect it to be this long if howlongtobeat is correct. 50 hours!

My ex used to work for softstar, I might check this out.

Well at least for games like I Am Setsuna on switch the English language is on all of the international versions. So hopefully they'll do that for some other games.

Id probably double dip at that point. Get the eshop release so I can play on release date and the collector's edition to have whatever extras they offer. I think SRW V's CE just used the official music which is pretty cool. It was only a Japanese release with no option for English subs so I skipped it.

Top Bottom