• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 PC Performance Thread

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm really interested in picking this up but curious how this will run on my i7 6700k / 1070 / 16 GB RAM set up.

Does anyone have impressions or articles on this?

Without having played the game (I'm waiting on the Steam version) I'm 100% sure that this game will run well on your rig, IF the port has been done well.
Considering Dead Rising 3 ran pretty badly most of the time, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet, though.

That said I am curious for other people's experiences with the game on PC.

Krakn3Dfx

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this already. Won't be buying it on the W10 store tho, will sit it out for the Steam release to drop.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This could be the reason why there's no thread

Yeah, I'm sorry to say that I've no interest in supporting the WinStore, and in fact I've not made a PC perf. thread for any non-Steam game. I mean, I'm not a "Steam or bust" zealot, however it is the only platform on which I'll pre-order something for the sake of securing a pre-order incentive, though for the most part my game collecting days are behind me, and the simple fact of the matter is that aside from the exceedingly rare exception (e.g. Diablo 3), the non-Steam games I'm aware of don't interest me enough to compel a purchase.

I don't mean to imply that I've a monopoly on PC perf. threads; I just figured I'd comment as I'm usually the one who makes them.

I see one review on the Windows Store.

It's a 5 star review and says "Optimised and working really good on PC. Better then all other Dead Rising did on PC. Like the story so far."

So there you go folks.

DarKshodaN

I will post some performance impressions later,just bought it.

Hope it will run fine on my PC.

i7 6700 @ stock
GTX 1070
16GB DDR4 Ram

jon bones

I'd rather play this close to Christmas than have it on Steam - the atmosphere won't make sense in March!

I will post some performance impressions later,just bought it.

Hope it will run fine on my PC.

i7 6700 @ stock
GTX 1070
16GB DDR4 Ram

ohh i would be very interested - thank you!

DarKshodaN

Played it for 30 Minutes, i had not a singel FPS drop it always stays at 60fps with v-sync activated.

I am playing it at 1080p with max setting, what a great port.

Lazaro

I don't usually buy PC games day one (or third-party UWP games on the WinStore) but I'll happily take advantage of the price error, lol.

Can't give my proper impressions since I'm using a old gaming laptop right now but I found some PC impressions from PC World:http://www.pcworld.com/article/3147...n-to-bbq-zombies-with-your-flaming-sword.html

Some excerpts
PC World said:
The Windows 10 version is working just fine though, for the most part. There’s definitely evidence that the port is coming in hot—namely, two lines in an email that accompanied our review code:
“There is a first-launch-only crash that will occur when you boot up for the first time and we are currently working on a fix. The game will run normally after this and the rest of the gameplay experience will be unaffected.”

Yeah, a bit problematic. But Capcom’s right to say “The game will run normally after this,” as aside from that pesky bug performance seems pretty damn solid.

PC World said:
I'm admittedly running a powerful PC—a six-core Intel Core i7-5820K and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti—but I’ve only noticed momentary stutters when loading into a new area and no problems at all from the undead hordes.

PC WORLD said:
I’ve generally seen performance hover around 75 frames per second at 1080p resolution, with everything maxed out, and then dipping to around 63 frames per second during more chaotic moments. (I tracked my FPS using Dxtory, which is the easiest way to add a frame counter to Microsoft’s UWP games.)

I think the games uses the upgraded DeadRising 3 engine: http://www.windowscentral.com/dead-rising-4-e3-impressions

UWP port seems decent, otherwise you can wait for the Steam version, game would have had some decent patches applied by then.

This thread will not get going until it hits Steam. The performance threads for Forza and Gears are pretty popular because I think everyone pretty much agrees that those games will never leave the Windows store.

Zedox

Yea, I still think that you'll see some people getting it on Windows Store, but majority on Steam. Seeing as MS apparently fixed a bunch of their downloading issues with the Windows Store (that happened with FH3, and Gears)...hopefully this will show that.

Yea, I still think that you'll see some people getting it on Windows Store, but majority on Steam. Seeing as MS apparently fixed a bunch of their downloading issues with the Windows Store (that happened with FH3, and Gears)...hopefully this will show that.

Hopefully not. People should've learned their lesson with GFWL... and more recently Quantum Break on WS.

JaseC

I would do this but it won't let me buy the denmark codes with paypal just says this when I try.

"There were problems processing your order. Close your Internet browser and enter your order again in a new browser window using a different payment method. If you still have problems, please contact customer service to help you complete your purchase."

PayPal has measures in place to prevent cross-region purchasing. I think Microsoft clamped down on it after RotTR and the workaround is to buy a WinStore gift card using a CC. Purchasing the game itself via CC may also work.

Lazaro

I would do this but it won't let me buy the denmark codes with paypal just says this when I try.

"There were problems processing your order. Close your Internet browser and enter your order again in a new browser window using a different payment method. If you still have problems, please contact customer service to help you complete your purchase."

That's a weird paypal error.

I had no problems buying the denmark codes using my AUS paypal details.

This is where you buy the codes: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/da_DK/pdp/Xbox-gavekort-Digital-kode/productID.323893800

EDIT: You could use the denmark address of your countries embassy.

In 3 months

After catching some coverage of this over the past few weeks I am now pretty excited for this (haven't ever played a Dead Rising game before). I feel like the three month "Are you sure you're excited" period I am self imposing will help filter this out - or prove my curiosity and excitement are genuine.

JaseC

How can I do this though? It would require me giving a danish address?

Use your actual billing address but leave the country set to Denmark. If Steam is any indication, the checkout system won't cross-reference the country, just the address.

Note: You don't want to cross-region purchase on Steam. I just used it as an illustration.

jon bones

Can anyone confirm the price error is even still up? Slow day at the office, I am considering bailing.

R3TRODYCE

With max settings and Vsync on at 1440p it drops from 60fps to 30fps anytime there is a crowd of zombies but with Vsync off it runs at 60-80 fps with random drops to 56fps.

OC 1080 and a i7 5820k @ 4.2ghz.

I'm not all that pleased with performance but I guess it could be worse.

With max settings and Vsync on at 1440p it drops from 60fps to 30fps anytime there is a crowd of zombies but with Vsync off it stays a bit over 80 fps with random drops to 56fps.

OC 1080 and a i7 5820k @ 4.2ghz.

Can you try and do the same area with high settings? Curious if you get a boost going from Very High to High

BNGames

I wish MSI Afterburner would work with GFWL to capture FPS but so far it runs like a dream, I don't see any hitches at all with everything turned up

Video: https://youtu.be/44f5CFs2RFU

PC Specs:

Fractal Design Node 804
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W
Corsair h80i v2 Liquid Cooler
Intel Core i7-6700k 4GHz (Overclocked to 4.5GHz)
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (Overclocked to 2.1GHz)
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Z170
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series MZ-7KE512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

OYIeMz7l.jpg

Lazaro

Just got a £59 game for £20 thanks to JaseC and Lazaro, nice one lol.

Im happy to hear it worked out. The default cost is way too overpriced anyway, it doesn't even support x-play.

I really need to sleep now, lol. Spending too much time posting/researching on GAF, haha.

I'm playing with stuff on high on a 980 and I'm having good performance and the game looks great imho.

I was nervous with it being windows store after my last few experiences with games from there.

Isn't the 6700k one of the better CPU's available? The 1070 as well. How bad have things gotten that you need to ask for that kind of setup?

Somnia

Watched Dansgaming play, he had some stuttering till he turned off v-sync and then it ran smooth for him on a 1080, don't know the rest of his setup.

Zedox

Thought this was a play anywhere game and bought the deluxe edition off the xbox store.

Now sad playing it at <30 fps on the xbone.

The deluxe edition should give you a Windows Store code as well. So you should have a PC version.
EDIT: Correction, I think that was a deal somewhere.

Chairhome

The deluxe edition should give you a Windows Store code as well. So you should have a PC version.
Apparently it was a mistake and you have to talk to customer service to get both codes. People in the OT said they had to talk to multiple people to get them to agree to send the code.

======
Is there a way to do the Danish Windows Store error via mobile? I'm away from my PC til tomorrow

Top Bottom