• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 PC Performance Thread

Zedox

Apparently it was a mistake and you have to talk to customer service to get both codes. People in the OT said they had to talk to multiple people to get them to agree to send the code.

======
Is there a way to do the Danish Windows Store error via mobile? I'm away from my PC til tomorrow

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't personally know how to help you with the Danish issue, hopefully someone can.

haikira

Anyone with a 2500k tried this yet?

Thinking of jumping in soon, with a 2500k/970, and just wondering if anyone with similar specs could share any impressions.

Edit: Paypal purchase of the Danish store codes finally went through. Thanks to everyone for explaining how to make this work!

Anyone have any tips for something region-free that costs kr. 26 on the Danish Microsoft Store? :)

Rodss

Neo Member
Can someone explain to me how to do the danish thingy on windows store step by step? i'm kinda lost

Flunkie

Banned
PC performance has gone from amazing to oh it's getting kinda choppy, that's annoying, to ok why did it just crash and lose all that progress to crashes instantly after getting into the game.

Sooooooooooo k. *shrugs*

PC performance has gone from amazing to oh it's getting kinda choppy, that's annoying, to ok why did it just crash and lose all that progress to crashes instantly after getting into the game.

Sooooooooooo k. *shrugs*

What case are you on? I'm on Case 2 and it's running well for me (with all the things on high).

jrcbandit

I got the Danish xbox codes after waiting about 20-25 minutes after purchase. Redeemed them within the Store (selected Danish as region in Windows settings) and it purchased just fine! Thanks.

Bummblue

Neo Member
Am I doing something wrong?

I changed my Windows 10 Settings to Denmark - and the Windows Store certainly shows a different currency - but I'm seeing the Deluxe Edition costs "kr. 654,00" which google currency translator says is $94 US...?

newsguy

6700 and 980ti here. Hooked it up to my new tv and it looks terrible. Very jaggy and stuttering. I then tried the GeForce experience which recommended I do 4k and all low settings. I tried dripping to 1440 on high settings, still poor performance and bad aliasing issues. Not sure if I'm missing something, but right now it's almost unplayable.

jrcbandit

Am I doing something wrong?

I changed my Windows 10 Settings to Denmark - and the Windows Store certainly shows a different currency - but I'm seeing the Deluxe Edition costs "kr. 654,00" which google currency translator says is $94 US...?

Weird, maybe they fixed it? But the deluxe edition was showing up for less than 200 KR (170 something) just 30 minutes before you tried. All I did was change my region to Denmark and then accessed the windows store.

robotrock

Banned
My vsync caps the game to 30fps for some reason. with it off it's 60+fps and tears a bunch

how do i force vsync in a windows 10 store app

Flunkie

Banned
What case are you on? I'm on Case 2 and it's running well for me (with all the things on high).

Case 2. Old Town wrecks my framerate. Does the Xbox version run any better, I wonder? Anyone play it? I'm not holding my breath for a W10 store update, especially given that DR3 on PC still is a mess.

Issues and all, the game is fun as hell though. A patch would be a nice Christmas present from them. :)

madjoki

I mean is any other retailer selling Windows 10 copies or codes? Like Amazon has Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 codes for sale but no DR4, can't find anyone selling them anywhere.

There's no codes for Windows 10 apps. Only reason Gear4 and FH3 got codes is because of play anywhere and Xbox Codes being sold.

Lazaro

Are all UWP games not DX12?

Most UWP games are DX11

Some AAA games support both like Rise of the Tomb Raider. 

Most of Microsoft Studios newer games are DX12 exclusive:

Gears of War UE and 4 are DX12 exclusive
UWP Forza games are DX12 exclusive
Halo 5: Forge Edition is DX12 exclusive
Halo Wars 2 will be DX12 exclusive.

abracadaver

Played the Steam version for 2 hours yesterday. Performance is a lot better than in Dead Rising 3

I'm getting 60-75fps in DR4
DR3 was like 45-60fps

pa22word

Played the Steam version for 2 hours yesterday. Performance is a lot better than in Dead Rising 3

I'm getting 60-75fps in DR4
DR3 was like 45-60fps

Not surprising, the game seems to both be doing a lot less moment to moment (the animation system alone with the canned, fake ragdolls is just straight /weird/ to watch) than DR3 and scales surprisingly well across threads vs DR3 doing what most games do and hammer thread 1.

Top Bottom