• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lion King II Is Equally as Good as the First.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

The songs are certainly as good as the first film.

The rest is debatable.

I personally loved the second film; Zira is an awesome character, lol

Nanashrew

Banned
It's okay. It's a bit messy but it's overall okay.

I do like that they went for the story of Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare's other big play like the first movie was Hamlet.

Haha absolutely not. This isn't the case for any of the Disney straight to vhs sequels either. Yeah you return of Jafar fans are wrong too

670508f1bd92064429b909f15f1ee881.gif

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
This isn't Post-Truth...it's Anti-Truth.

OP you can fuck right off with this bullshit.

there's a sequel? Maybe it is better hahaha

The Lion King II was total balls.

The only good part was 'He Lives in You', which was just a hold-over from the first film anyway.

Herne

Nah. I like it too, OP, and the songs are just as great, but nah. Rafiki may as well not have been there, ditto Nala. There's some good stuff in there but it's not a patch on the first film. The Nostalgia Critic just covered this for Disneycember and I agree with what he said - it's alright. It's not great, it's not bad, you could see that they were trying, it has some nice bits especially the songs, but it's alright.

Here we go

Veitsev

I thought the Moana is the best animated disney film ever thread was bad and a new low for Neogaf.

I was wrong.

Its not a bad movie but c'mon OP. Lion King might be the best film Disney has ever made.

It's okay. It's a bit messy but it's overall okay.

I do like that they went for the story of Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare's other big play like the first movie was Hamlet.
I have some homework for you :p

Never picked up on the Hamlet link though, that's interesting. You can never go too far wrong by retelling Shakespeare.

StoneFox

Somehow I feel that I've watched 2 more than the original.

Not sure that means that it's better, but I certainly liked it. Zira is on par with Scar as far as the villains go.

VDenter

Banned
The Lion King II was total balls.

The only good part was 'He Lives in You', which was just a hold-over from the first film anyway.

I agree it was so needless and the animation compared to the original was terrible. Yeah i get that it was a direct to DVD sequel but that is no excuse they were making a sequel to The Lion King but the movie failed to live up to the original in pretty much every regard.

J@hranimo

Banned
Music is on par and as memorable to me as the first. Actual moments though? Not so much.

Still a great sequel though.

I think it's even better!

I just love Romeo and Juliet so much (fav Shakespeare work by far!!!) so it doesn't surprise me that I prefer Lion King II over the first.

First is still great tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom