• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 1.10 (Pro patch) released.

*Added support for PlayStation 4 Pro.
*Will render UI at 4k and Game at 1080p.
*Improves graphics settings to have better looking shadows and reflections.

2.3gb on PS4.

Edited:: og ps4 resolution is 1080p hmmmmm.

Excellent, just in time for Survival Expansion as well. Have not played this game since early May, so I'm going to start a fresh character and just kind of roll through the content, and eventually get to this much-coveted Survival content.

Also sad the resolution isn't bumped higher or checkerboarded higher myself, but I do still play on a 1080p display and the image quality was already pretty good, so I'll take the 1080p render and 4K HUD.

2.3gb on PS4.

Was hoping for a bigger resolution bump but it's certainly better than the original 900p.[/QUOTE]

I thought the PS4 was already 1080p, with the Xbox One being dynamic res upto 1080p

PS4 was already 1080p so what the heck is this patch doing?

*edit some other minor improvements.

Definitely not a patch worth buying the game for if you were not already interested.

inki

Game came out in March, I'm pleased they put in the effort and money to MAKE a pro patch. Wish more companies would (Diablo 3 I'm looking at you).

As PRO patches come out I have been deleting the games from my OG PS4 and downloading them on my PRO. Based on these patch notes I think I will leave The Division where it is.

4K UI? Fuck outta here.

2.3gb on PS4.

Was hoping for a bigger resolution bump but it's certainly better than the original 900p.[/QUOTE]

I thought the PS4 was already 1080p, with the Xbox One being dynamic res upto 1080p

Yes you are right.

digital foundry said:
PS4 permanently runs at native 1080p

Then what the fuck is the reason for the patch?

Game came out in March, I'm pleased they put in the effort and money to MAKE a pro patch. Wish more companies would (Diablo 3 I'm looking at you).

I don't think much money or effort went into this. Reads like a one man job and that one guy spent a couple of days working on it.

Okay but that's not how game development works lol

Actually that is exactly how Cerny said PS4 Pro patches were designed to work. 1 or 2 people adding enhancements over a short period of time. Maybe more than a couple of days, but sure there sure as Hell wasn't much investment of resources into this patch.

BHK3

Banned
Okay but that's not how game development works lol

Sucker Punch said they had 2 guys working on a pro patch, don't remember how long it took them though. What do you mean by 'game development'? That there was no way this was done by a small party? Well for this case I would say that's wrong cause it's an ubisoft game, their games are made by an army of people. Even Cerny himself said it was developed to be easy enough for only 1-2 people to make enhancements.

viHuGi

Banned
Not even higher frames lol same as Ps4 1080/30,this is a unnecessary patch but better than nothing I guess.

So just "better shadows and reflections".
Not great effort.

Well lets wait and see what the results look like. Its possible there could be improvements not in the patch notes.

As someone who has just started 'The Division' and has a 1080p screen I was hoping for a higher res and get the benefit from supersampling.

LostDonkey

I think you're expecting a bit much here guys. I have a 1070 and can't even run the game locked 30 at 1440p maxed. It still has severe drops during fights. It's a very demanding game.

I think you're expecting a bit much here guys. I have a 1070 and can't even run the game locked 30 at 1440p maxed. It still has severe drops during fights. It's a very demanding game.

But PS4 is already running it at a locked 1080p/30fps before this patch. There is no way this took much advantage of the Pro's extra power. You are telling me this game is more demanding than Battlefield 1 which is running at 60fps on huge maps with 64 players? No way.

EL CUCO

I played some this morning and it looked better to the point I thought it was super sampling. I guess it was using dynamic 1080p on OG PS4?

Draw distance looked better and didn't notice the usual jaggies.

I played some this morning and it looked better to the point I thought it was super sampling. I guess it was using dynamic 1080p on OG PS4?

Draw distance looked better and didn't notice the usual jaggies.

OK well at least isn't as low effort as it appears on paper. I don't think PS4 uses dynamic resolution though.

This is why Sony -as the platform holder- needs to institute new rules and policies requiring devs and publishers to support PS4 Pro with resolution and or frame rate bumps. They need to stop this "being friendly" to the dev/publisher and become the hardasses they used to be in years past. Sony is the market leader and by a wide margin, what are the publishers going to do? Not make games for Sony's market leading console? Of course not.

Kudos to Massive and Ubi for the patch but the lack of uniformity in the Pro patches is infuriating when you get a Pro patch like the ones for Rise of The Tomb Raider and then you get these shitty efforts from Blizzard with Overwatch and Massive/Ubi with The Division and recently AssCreed Syndicate.

Now I'm not suggesting forcing devs to make patched for existing games but for Sony to enforce the already -presumed- in place guidelines, I think Sony should shore them up and force devs/publishers to do them so their is uniformity with games that support PS4 Pro.

Phil and the boys/gals over at Xbox I hope you're paying attention to Sony and learn all the lessons and jot down all the notes for your Scorpio launch and post launch plans.

LostDonkey

But PS4 is already running it at a locked 1080p/30fps before this patch. There is no way this took much advantage of the Pro's extra power. You are telling me this game is more demanding than Battlefield 1 which is running at 60fps on huge maps with 64 players? No way.

It would appear that way. I have an i7 paired with a 1070 I run most games at 1440p 60fps and even some at 4k 30fps. But I have to settle for 1080p 60 with the division. I don't think the PS4 Pro is as powerful as my PC.

It would appear that way. I have an i7 paired with a 1070 I run most games at 1440p 60fps and even some at 4k 30fps. But I have to settle for 1080p 60 with the division. I don't think the PS4 Pro is as powerful as my PC.

The Division runs at 30fps on PS4 while BF1 so 60fps so I don't get your comparison. There is no way this patch used much of any of the extra resources. It looks a hell of lot better than The Division as well.

USF

C0Hb1r1XcAEbk7y.jpg:orig

Crumpo

The Division runs at 30fps on PS4 while BF1 so 60fps so I don't get your comparison. There is no way this patch used much of any of the extra resources. It looks a hell of lot better than The Division as well.

Different devs and engines, brah. Ubi games aren't well optimised.

I was going to reinstall this on my pro at some point anyway, I guess this is better than no patch and as someone else said the game is way outside the pro mandated patch period; by all accounts we shouldn't have gotten anything.

Top Bottom