• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No jail time for high schooler who kicked coat hanger up teammates rectum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeks

Don't forget this one: "boys will be boys"

What's with the homoerotic implications of hazing practices as well? I've always found that baffling. Mostly because the cultures that promote hazing tend to be intensely homophobic.

Even that doesn't work. He's 19.

I see what you're trying to get at but homoerotic is not the word I would use for literal brutal sexual assault.

Nah, they are that delusional:
3fupQC8.png

Indeed, they'll just spout black on white crime "stats"

Maybe someone with better knowledge can explain that, but I was thinking that given the nature of a criminal case, the burden of proof is probably higher. There may not be any witnesses to a lot of this stuff, or at least none willing to come forward.

It would probably help in the civil suit though... I think?
They interviewed 30 witnesses and there's a hospital report confirming the kid's internal injuries.

Nah, they are that delusional:
3fupQC8.png

Yep. I know all about it.

The Right has learned how to appropriate discrimination against people of color, especially black folks, and weaponize it against people on the other side.

I believe that they know what their privilege is, and pretend that they don't, as acknowledging helps to weaken it and validate concerns that we're not all playing on an equal playing field.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
now what do you think happened if you reverse the skin colour of the victim and person who plead guilty......

Reeks

How does it not being labelled a sex crime make sense?

He shoved a hanger into his rectum. That shit didn't just magically find its way there and he sure as shit had sexual thoughts prior to just doing it.

Right? It's literally rape and extremely violent rape at that. Sexual motivation of the perpetrator has nothing to do with whether or not rape occurred - I think that's confusing people.

Apathy

✓ The south
✓ Black victim
✓ White perpetrator
✓ No jail time

Sounds about right

don't forget mentally disabled. Like talk about white privilege. Holy fuck. Like if you're any shade darker than pasty white and you just look at someone in a way they think is threatening it would be a huge issue.

This is just crazy. Fuck the DA here too, giving this shithole a lesser charge to admit to.

he maintains his innocence while acknowledging prosecutors would likely be able to win a conviction at trial.

And that is the worst part of this. This piece of shit thinks hes innocent.

Cartman86

Banned
The being cruel to a mentally disabled person in high school part makes this even more unsurprising to me. That was rampant when I was in school.

Venture

I'm imagining a future boss of his finding out he did this...

and then I realized some sort of nepotism will likely be involved anyway.

Absolutely disgusting. And judging by his apparent history, it is very unlikely that he will be repentant about this. The best that can happen is this crime sticking with him wherever he goes, causing potential employees to look into the case and find it listed online in full details. Will that bring justice? Of course not.

Cases like these need to be taken seriously to the fullest possible extent or else these deplorable actions will spread, perhaps even outside the locker room. This is a case in particular where Howard needs to be made an example of, or else the court is condoning both a hate crime and a rape.
It sounds like he won't even end up with a criminal record out of this.
But Howard will avoid prison or jail time and could ultimately have his conviction dismissed if he successfully completes probation without violations or committing new crimes.
Not sure though. Does having a conviction dismissed mean your criminal record is cleared?

It sounds like he won't even end up with a criminal record out of this. Not sure though. Does having a conviction dismissed mean your criminal record is cleared?

Employers just google your name these days and his name and picture will be all over the news archives. But I dont think it would matter, this guy probably has a family name that will keep him insulated from all that.

Venture

Employers just google your name these days and his name and picture will be all over the news archives. But I dont think it would matter, this guy probably has a family name that will keep him insulated from all that.
True enough. On both points unfortunately.

Reeks

Is the excuse that he 'accidentally' 'kicked' a coat hanger up someone's ass? Like fuck off.

Yep. Another person assaulted the young man by inserting the hanger into the victim's rectum and then this fucker "accidentally kicked it in while trying to kick the victim." So there were two rapists.

Jenov

“Everyone is more concerned with these young sociopaths than the victim of their violence.”

Yup. An unfortunate recurring theme.

Glix

I love that we tell kids to stand up to bullying and to report it to adults and society understands now and the kids will be protected...

When its still the same shit as always.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
"Stoker said. “Another individual who was involved said [the victim] was called ‘fried chicken’ because [he] said it was his favorite food ... I don’t think it’s a racial slur.”

mK61H8u.jpg

Wish there was a way to hold blatantly racist judges accountable

Breads

Banned
White people get away with crazy shit in the US. Absolutely disgusting to see another hate crime or rape getting wrist slapped.

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
What the fuck? Somewhat similar situation in California and that dude got 180 days of jail and 3 years felony probation...and only because he agreed to testify against a teacher. Hell the attack wasn't even successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom