• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV ‘Active Time Report New Year Special’ set to broadcast soon

From Gematsu:
Square Enix will soon host a Final Fantasy XV “Active Time Report New Year Special,” the company announced. A specific date was not announced.

The broadcast will feature a New Year greeting, likely from game director Hajime Tabata, and further information, likely about the game’s roadmap of updates.

Final Fantasy XV is now available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you missed it earlier, Square Enix announced that the game has shipped six million units.

SoulUnison

Banned
Game desperately needs a Hard/Critical Mode; New Game+ is almost pointless as is.

Also, totally tangential, but I hope the animation work they'll have to do for the individual party member's DLC will bleed back int the main game with a handful of new Link Strikes, battle dialog and such.
It was kind of weird to realize I'd already seen pretty much every fancy Link animation in the game by, like, Level 15 before I left Leide, and things like Prompto only having two possible lines for his special attack when you're going to spending at least 30 hours together is just jarring.

Maybe bring in a new Summon or two, too?
They talked up how there were multiple "mini summons" in the game, but in the end, it's ONLY Carbuncle and ONLY on Easy Mode.
Not to mention Bahamut being locked to a single storyline battle and Ifrit being completely unavailable.
Oh, and maybe take a look at the summon requirements and re-balance them a bit. I have 80 hours of playtime and I've seen
Ramuh
, like, 30 times,
Leviathan
once,
Shiva
twice, and I'VE NEVER seen Titan.

MilkBeard

^ I agree with hard mode, I think they are limiting the potential of the game. I'd love to play through on hard in NG +.

Also, about the summons, I think they may have done that on purpose. When you
face titan, you have to battle him and it's supposed to be difficult to win his favor. Ramuh, however, was just collecting stones and the characters mention that he gives his blessing easily. So my take is that Titan will be summoned less, Ramuh more, but this is just speculation.
By the way, in my 20 hours of playing so far, I had Titan summoned twice, and Ramuh three times.

I do think that when people overlevel they will be losing their ability to use the summons, because they usually come later in a battle, after a few minutes (and probably if you are failing a lot). So if you are OP their conditions won't be met. This is just speculation though, but I feel like I've seen them plenty already in my playthrough and I've been staying near the proper levels by only doing a few hunts and sidequests at each place along the way.

JoeNut

I've never seen titan either except for in the scripted bits, summons are weird.

i hope some of the updates bring in some more story about unexplained stuff, like
why does glad just randomly leave the party and then come back with a scar on his face

sappyday

Hopefully that festival isn't a timed mmo style thing. If it is than that's the stupidest thing they have done for this game

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
the tie ratio between shipped and sold makes me want to know.

They most def didn't sell a majority of that 6 million

Fdkn

the tie ratio between shipped and sold makes me want to know.

They most def didn't sell a majority of that 6 million

Are you saying the didn't sell 3 million?

Yeah, retailers just took another million shipment when they had 2m+ on stock, because they love them boxes.

Rymuth

I've never seen titan either except for in the scripted bits, summons are weird.

i hope some of the updates bring in some more story about unexplained stuff, like
why does glad just randomly leave the party and then come back with a scar on his face
apparently
Gilgamesh gave him that scar

Gbraga

Weird they're doing this for a released game. I wouldn't mind if they gave it MMO support for a year or so, though. A few new hunts and stuff like that.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Weird they're doing this for a released game. I wouldn't mind if they gave it MMO support for a year or so, though. A few new hunts and stuff like that.

This looks to be the case. They're treating this game since the ATR updates events as an mmorpg type of experience. That is giving and planning long time support with steady releases of hunts, limited events, booster packs, dlcs new episode and even - I expect - a full fledged retail expansion down the line. I guess they're really exploring a new way of delivering content with this game and I'm very curious about the future reception and if this might even inspire other big rpg developers to go same way.

And after years I still dream of an ff aaa delivered in digital episodes with long support through years. Do it square!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Are you saying the didn't sell 3 million?

Yeah, retailers just took another million shipment when they had 2m+ on stock, because they love them boxes.

Where are your receipts for they 'most def' didn't sell?

You sound sure.

xD I'm the master of unintentionally shitposting it seems on questioning sales topics!

I seriously didn't mean for that to come out like that, i just meant that i want to know the split cause they sold below expectations in Japan and we have no solid numbers on WW and the rest of the world selling 4M in a month is very suspect to me!

Seriously! I don't have an agenda, you gotta believe me!

MilkBeard

This looks to be the case. They're treating this game since the ATR updates events as an mmorpg type of experience. That is giving and planning long time support with steady releases of hunts, limited events, booster packs, dlcs new episode and even - I expect - a full fledged retail expansion down the line. I guess they're really exploring a new way of delivering content with this game and I'm very curious about the future reception and if this might even inspire other big rpg developers to go same way.

And after years I still dream of an ff aaa delivered in digital episodes with long support through years. Do it square!

I would actually be down for a mainline Final Fantasy to get regular expansions, kind of like if Final Fantasy XIV was an offline single player game. Something about investing time into a world, and see it change and grow and stories come and pass would be really cool, and they can continue to make money off it by selling expansions. Only in this way would they be able to have vast worlds and attention to detail like the old games. You would enjoy them in little bits, but it would still equate to a much more expansive experience for a single title.

The base game has to be stellar, though, I think.

Still waiting on my pro patch for 60 fps and/or framepacing fix before i start the game.

I started today and had to select lite mode, as the frame pacing in high mode is unplayable (for me). It must be an individual thing, because people said they didn't notice it, not sure how as it's abysmal. Lite mode is fine other than the image being a little blurry and the hair suffering from heaps of aliasing. No time frame for the pro update?

Blizzje

I started today and had to select lite mode, as the frame pacing in high mode is unplayable (for me). It must be an individual thing, because people said they didn't notice it, not sure how as it's abysmal. Lite mode is fine other than the image being a little blurry and the hair suffering from heaps of aliasing. No time frame for the pro update?

If I remember correctly they always answer some sent in questions during a Q&A section in the Active Time Report. Does anyone know if we can send in a question regarding the frame pacing in FFXV, asking if they are going to fix it?

Top Bottom