• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV 1.10 Patch Out (US so far)

Patch is available and ready for download in the US and hopefully in other areas soon.

Some images from the OT from SABCA in the update and his twitter.

C11IVy-XUAAX4gd.jpg

C11OW65WEAElC-e.jpg

C11OJeRWIAAB5t_.jpg

C11M4fAXUAE-a_J.jpg

manakel

This is definitely the excuse I needed to stop being lazy and finally go out and buy this game.

Sad to see Mai still looks..off, though.

Allforce

This is a pretty crazy jump in quality, considering you've got like 50 characters in this game. I can't think of another console title that just got a huge graphical upgrade via a patch and not just an outright remaster release.

yagal

SNK really needs to make some good graphic for the reveal trailer of Gar.... their next game, KOF 14 is the game with the ps2 era graphic not the one with a big roaster or good mechanic.

And those ps2 jokes sigh

Dat Luong:

Dat Angel:

Triggered

I'm in Italy and I can't ddl the patch with my US account :(

SNK really needs to make some good graphic for the reveal trailer of Gar.... their next game, KOF 14 is the game with the ps2 era graphic not the one with a big roaster or good mechanic.

And those ps2 jokes sigh

Triggered

I'm in Italy and I can't ddl the patch with my US account :(

It should work, that's weird. I'm using one despite being in EU and had no issue. It downloads upon launching the game though, not automatically this time apparently.

Looks good. The graphics never bothered me, but it's nice to see developers improve on the visuals after release. I don't think I've ever seen this happen before. Props to SNK.

Was gonna wait until the SFV plat was finished to jump back in, but I guess I should start later this week.

fernoca

Forgot about this until just launching the game now.

I actually liked how it looked already. So this is just gravy.

HotHamBoy

Wow it looks like a totally different game.

I don't know about that... but it definitely looks a lot better.

Lighting goes a really long way and the game seriously lacked a good lighting engine. That was a large part of why it looked like an early PS3 game.

I still think the lighting could be better. More plush. It's kind of harsh right now.

See Mario Kart 8 for what godlike lighting can do.

A bunch of people were claiming the game as it was originally revealed (and some even at release) looked like a PS2 game.

A silly exaggeration. Obviously KOF14 has much more detail and a higher polygon count and it's rendering at 1080p, not 480i.

stn

KOF14 is awesome! Shame I'm so used to Street Fighter movement and execution that I'll never truly "get" it.

BadWolf

Yo they gave Billy a Terry color palette.

The upgrade is pretty significant, the game looks legit solid now.

Checked various characters that looked iffy in close ups before and the difference is like night and day. Alice looks fantastic now.

Effects such as hits, energy, fireballs etc have been upgraded as well.

There are various other tweaks as well, such as Kyo's body now giving off flames during the startup of the SDM version of Orochinagi like in the older games.

There are various other tweaks as well, such as Kyo's body now giving off flames during the startup of the SDM version of Orochinagi like in the older games.

Shame it doesn't deal damage like in the old games.
I take this patch is only cosmetic? no balance changes discovered yet?

BadWolf

Looks like various characters had their colors refreshed aside from the two new ones.

Angel for example had all of them changed aside from the default one. So she basically has five new colors.

Random stage in online mode !

And :

Yas!

And yeah, online is having issues for me too.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm ashamed to admit I haven't even touched this game since maybe a week after it launched. This is the motivation I needed to jump back in.

And those ps2 jokes, sigh

A bunch of people were claiming the game as it was originally revealed (and some even at release) looked like a PS2 game.

Utterly ridiculous! It looked more like a Dreamcast game.

SNK mainly focused on characters & content for this game much more so than graphics, obviously. KOF XIV was their first modern 3D game, after all (or should we say, 2.5D).

When development of KOF XV begins, they can easily focus more on the graphics since they've already made 50 characters & another Kyo skin in 3D while including some more characters that didn't get the 3D treatment yet.

A silly exaggeration. Obviously KOF14 has much more detail and a higher polygon count and it's rendering at 1080p, not 480i.

The ironic thing about that is that everyone is saying that KOF XIII looks better, yet the character models, etc. are in 480i (or 480p), lmao.

Top Bottom