• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Micro Machines World Series (XB1, PS4, PC) Leaked?

Azzawon

Haven't seen anything official posted by Codemasters who are working on the game, but XboxAchievements reported yesterday that this game will be releasing at some point 'soon' for XB1, PS4 and PC. Seems quite odd to have a smaller website report on it without any official word, but there's at least some box art to go with the news so I doubt this is fake.

Edit: There's now been an official announcement from Codemasters (19th Jan).
Releasing in April 2017, Micro Machines World Series will support up to 12 players online and four players on the same screen, across a variety of racing and battling environments. Each of the 12 vehicles has its own unique load-out of weapons and abilities and the game will launch with a massive range of customisation options.
Full blog post, including trailer, here.

XboxAchievements Link
micromachines_ws_xboxone_3d_pegi.jpg

oldmario

i wonder if this is what the driveclub guys are working on since morphing into them, would make sense after motorstorm RC too

Woffls

Micromachines would make a great Switch game. Interested to see more of this.
Yep. Simple controls so one joycon each is fine, and it's a great pick up and play title. Or at least old Micro Machines was, I don't know what it's like these days.

Azzawon

i wonder if this is what the driveclub guys are working on since morphing into them, would make sense after motorstorm RC too

It looks like it's being worked on by the Codemasters studio responsible for Toybox Turbos and the mobile MM game. For Evolution's sake, I hope they're putting their efforts into the next GRID game (that's if there actually is going to be one).

Micromachines would make a great Switch game. Interested to see more of this.

Codemasters was on the Switch partners list, but I was hoping they'd be doing a portable version of DiRT Rally. Game has the same PC system requirements as Grid 2: Intel HD 4000 graphics. Would run well on Switch, possibly 720p60 with medium settings.

Edit: Yeah, now that I think about it, this would be a great fit for the Switch. I happen to already have two Xbox One controllers already, and a 360 controller, though...

daxgame

I also thought about the Switch admittedly but wouldn't have posted it haha.
But it's true, mostly, it's the kind of game I'd like to play on the go.
Hope it's good.

Fasty

It looks like it's being worked on by the Codemasters studio responsible for Toybox Turbos and the mobile MM game. For Evolution's sake, I hope they're putting their efforts into the next GRID game (that's if there actually is going to be one).

Damn, I hope not. I bought Toybox Tutbos on Vita full price at launch and it was nothing like the classic Micro Machines games gameplay-wise. Super disappointing game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Micro Machines is cool...but a a retail game in this age ? Good luck.

lol I thought the same thing. Hopefully it stays relegated to these throwaway b-tier games.

How bitter can someone be...lawl.

hatchx

Banned
It's always a bad sign when the boxart leaks like that. It kind of implies the development time before release is non-existent.

Sjefen

Played Micromachines on IOS and they should have called it Microtransaction. Hope it doesnt adapt to the console game, loveed MM back in the day.

Raitaro

at some point 'soon' for XB1, PS4 and PC.

Aaanndd it begins: developers skipping Switch, even with games that fit with Nintendo's demographic. Do we need to update that Wii U outside in the rain pic already?

Yeah, this might be jumping to conclusions on my behalf - as well as a little bit of sarcasm if I'm honest - but then again, I do need to see the Switch included as a platform in as many game announcements as I can before I feel somewhat assured that it won't follow in the Wii U's footsteps.

Prove me/us wrong on third party support Nintendo; prove it with actual announcements like this one, not slides with publisher logo's.

On-topic: cool, a new Micro Machines game! I quite adored those back in the day so I'm curious what they'll make of a modern version.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
num . I'm in

jelly

I could never wrap my brain around the perspective of these games. Always drove off in the wrong direction at corners. It's like a fight to not do the other thing.

Falchion

There was a Micromachines game I played on PC when I was a kid where you could race them around a bathtub and all over the house. It was so much fun.

Top Bottom