• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Micro Machines World Series (XB1, PS4, PC) Leaked?

Sjefen

Releasing in April 2017, Micro Machines World Series will support up to 12 players online and four players on the same screen, across a variety of racing and battling environments. Each of the 12 vehicles has its own unique load-out of weapons and abilities and the game will launch with a massive range of customisation options.

Really hope they leave MT out these options....

Stopdoor

Interested to see how much this differs from Toybox Turbos, that game was slick. New battle mode sounds great. A shame it's still only 4 player local.

Daffy Duck

Imagine if the graphics looked like they did in that trailer!

That would be totally amazing, photo realistic environments with crazy detailed cars, my mind wouldn't cope.

Cautiously optimistic for this, I adored the original Micro Machine games back on the megadrive so hope this delivers.

Reorx

Damn I remember playing this game on the NES 20 years ago against my older brother. Needless to say I got always beaten hard lol.

Will the disc copy come with controller/USB ports?

40203-micro-machines-2-turbo-tournament-genesis-media.jpg

Stopdoor

Toybox Turbos was slow and boring. I hope this one is like V3 instead.

Just making sure, you know there's speed classes in Toybox Turbos right? Like the 'public transit' vehicles are way slower than the 'race car' class of vehicles? I'm not sure if I'd describe the latter as slow.

I haven't played a ton of MMV3, but I gave it a quick go recently at a gaming meetup and we were pretty disappointed with how weird the off-road detection was, there was a lot of unexpected deaths and shortcuts. It felt like a consequence of the rough and early 3D. Are you sure this isn't a nostalgia goggles thing?

Azzawon

Just making sure, you know there's speed classes in Toybox Turbos right? Like the 'public transit' vehicles are way slower than the 'race car' class of vehicles? I'm not sure if I'd describe the latter as slow.

I haven't played a ton of MMV3, but I gave it a quick go recently at a gaming meetup and we were pretty disappointed with how weird the off-road detection was, there was a lot of unexpected deaths and shortcuts. It felt like a consequence of the rough and early 3D. Are you sure this isn't a nostalgia goggles thing?

I played V3 with a friend on my PS1 a few weeks ago and I forgot how bad a lot of it was.
I preferred Micro Maniacs, please don't kill me.
You could tell it was a rough game, and it was highlighted moreso in multiplayer when it was GG after about 3 corners when one of the players takes a wrong turn or gets stuck on an object. I'm hoping that this entry will be a lot more accessible, and while lacking the content of V4, it will improve on gameplay.

III-V

As long as it plays like the old games, this looks great. Loved me some micro machines back in the day.

Top Bottom