• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2016 Awards

ZCoA8u2.png

OVERALL ◆ GENRE ◆ PLATFORM ◆ BONUS ◆ CENSUS ◆ FULL DATA

Notes

B1Q34pA.png
mNRUWWo.png

01. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End = 1964 points, 32 honorable mentions
Auctopus said:
Just a beautiful example of the medium. You can argue that the game opts for story beats over raw gameplay but the details, pacing and visuals are such a fantastic achievement, I couldn't see anything else topping this game this year.
Fracas said:
Probably the best Uncharted game. Naughty Dog took a bit of what they learned from TLOU and applied it pretty well to a completely different series. Still suffers from some of the same nagging issues in previous games, but overall UC4 is a very competent blockbuster adventure game with some of the coolest sets in the series.
Reedirect said:
Our favourite thief and scoundrel didn't disappoint with his final outing. He treats some familliar grounds, but goes through some staggering set-pieces, fantastic characters moments and visits locations so visually gorgeous, Naughty Dog made me believe in magic again.

iZdYqF3.png
9xUkXfx.png

02. Doom = 1776 points, 35 honorable mentions
More_Badass said:
You are not a one-man army. You are a god of death, a bringer of ruin and slaughter to the forces of hell. They fear you and rightfully so, as you unleash unstoppable fury upon them through relentlessly fast first-person shooter action
JDHarbs said:
This game will take you on a ride that will unlock something in you that you never knew existed. Just let it happen.

w4YGiHD.png
vWIEz8F.png

03. Overwatch = 1607 points, 25 honorable mentions
BoxManLocke said:
Extremely fun, extremely addictive, casual-friendly but also unusually deep gameplay, lovely character design with a diverse and inclusive cast. Also, post-launch support has been fantastic. I see myself still paying this in several years.
wild wild rice said:
When I was hooked on this game, nothing else would suffice. Great cast of characters and locales, just casual enough for a casual like me to enjoy. I don't think it tops Splatoon as my favorite multiplayer shooter this gen but it comes damn close.

rGrVl4i.png
VYsfmhi.png

04. Dark Souls III = 1393 points, 8 honorable mentions
chrixter said:
Dark Souls III is the most refined iteration of the Souls series, with even more polished combat and engaging encounter design than ever before. It has my favorite gallery of enemies and bosses of any game I’ve ever played.
DaxMedFlax said:
My most played game of 2016, and when all is said and done, my GOTY. It might not bring all that much new to the table, but what is here is pretty much as good as it gets in this favorite hobby of mine.

r5Iadni.png
JhPPjGE.png

05. The Last Guardian = 1310 points, 20 honorable mentions
Reverend Funk said:
Would give it all ten spots if I could. Best soundtrack of the year, best story, best everything, a true masterpiece. This is a game that I will be thinking about for years.
megalowho said:
A mesmerizing journey that tackles the concept of companionship, one that instantly struck a chord with me as a pet owner. Beautifully directed with the sense of wonder you expect from a Ueda game fully intact despite the long development cycle. Painstakingly animated, puzzles that give pause but are never too tough to decipher, lovely soundtrack. Trico is unforgettable.

GIDlGG3.png
jVWFehN.png

06. Final Fantasy XV = 969 points, 31 honorable mentions
ULTROS! said:
The ultimate flawed gem. A beautiful mess of a game. Despite the issues, this game got me hooked for a long time. The beautiful visuals, the engrossing cast, the fully realized world. It makes a wonderful and fun game.
Zakalwe said:
A game hasn't pulled me in like this since X. A true flawed gem, more than the sum, incredible that it even exists in a decent state. I have so much to say about XV, too much for this post. Can't wait to see the content they add in the future.

W9H02py.png
ovafy7R.png

07. Titanfall 2 = 933 points, 39 honorable mentions
Franchuzas87 said:
The campaign, while short, is absolutely fantastic. Like a Call of Duty mixed with Mirror's Edge, mixed with Steel Battalion, mixed with some other great and random ideas like the factory of a DKC game or the timeshift stones of Skyward Sword.
Zackat said:
If GotY was about choosing your single favorite mission in a game for the whole year, this game would be number 1 for me. I loved the whole campaign, the multiplayer is great fun as well. A game that was sent out to die with an extremely inconvenient launch time, it deserves more success than it garnered.

JjXZPdn.png
KOp2llz.png

08. The Witness = 899 points, 17 honorable mentions
chrominance said:
A unique masterpiece. Learning how to solve the various puzzles without hand-holding or really many hints at all was one of the most engrossing experiences of the year. Do I believe in Jonathan Blow's worldview as expressed in the game? No. But it's at least an intriguing subject of discussion. Finishing the "challenge" is still one of my proudest achievements in gaming.
takoyaki said:
An amazing experience from start to finish. The Witness frequently introduces clever new ideas that will keep you on your toes and hides some of its biggest secrets in plain sight, you just won't know it until you've learned enough of the visual language that the game uses to communicate with you. It rivals Portal as the best puzzle video-game ever made. The world design, setting and surrounding mystery made it truly memorable. One of those rare games that show you what makes this medium so special and sticks with you long after you've finished it.

d0pHVKJ.png
a9ckkXV.png

09. Inside = 826 points, 35 honorable mentions
Dusk Golem said:
With excellent atmosphere in a haunting and cold world, INSIDE joins a nameless boy who treks from farmland to city to underground lakes to get inside... clever puzzle bits, and amazing animation which helps gives a detailed look on a mostly silent world. Ending is fun but didn't blow me away like most.
DaxMedFlax said:
An incredibly polished game from start to finish. I literally had my mouth agape the last 30 minutes of the game, and when the credits rolled I was filled with so much… weird emotion. Absolutely loved it.

ZdiMx5z.png
TZTXi41.png

10. Hitman = 657 points, 25 honorable mentions
HeelPower said:
A towering achievement when it comes to world building. Stunningly consistent quality all through out the maps. Exploring each map was a joy as one figures out how to take out the next target while being fully immersed in truly active,living,breathing often funny & charming worlds. They built something even Rockstar's finest would be envious of.

kItEKO6.png
gwD8Ldk.png

11. Ratchet & Clank = 581 points, 32 honorable mentions
HeisenbergWW62 said:
This game went beyond being a simple remake and carved an identity of its own, and felt like a new game to me despite being a fan of the series since the original. Game was a total blast to play.

Dqy80tk.png
kw4gfLz.png

12. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine = 564 points, 14 honorable mentions
Plum said:
Blood and Wine has the content and quality of a full game, yet I got it on release at just over £10. Witcher 3 was my GOTY for 2015, so more of the same is not an issue. Whilst failing to live up to the writing heights of Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine is a fitting end to Geralt's story in an expansion that encapsulates all I love about the series.
BoxManLocke said:
The fact that people would consider putting a DLC in their GOTY list after such an amazing year for games should tell you all you need to know about CDProjekt's talent, dedication and respect for the players. This has more content than most full games, for a fucking third of the price, and at the same level of quality if not better than the original TW3. The story is not as good as Hearts Of Stone , but it's still excellent and this time, it's a whole new world to explore. Really can't praise these developers enough.

21hrsc6.png
Vx4v3Nm.png

13. Pokémon Sun/Moon = 508 points, 17 honorable mentions
WiiRevolution1 said:
My favorite game of 2017. I mainly got it for the online, but it would be my GOTY even if it was single player only. For the first real time I was hooked into the story. So many great characters and memorable moments. When you add in the great online this comes off as a truly fantastic game and my favorite Pokemon game of all time.

IbdjguU.png
P6kEeFB.png

14. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided = 447 points, 18 honorable mentions
AHA-Lambda said:
A very worthy follow up to 2011's Human Revolution that returns with a single but greatly expanded hub world allowing for some of the greatest variety and exploration systems in AAA games that I haven't seen in many years. Imo, this will be looked on with more fondness down the line than it seems to be receiving at present.

zFE7Pyq.png
5ML0LHB.png

15. Dishonored 2 = 438 points, 23 honorable mentions
YaBish said:
Arkane took everything that worked with the first game, and polished it to a fine sheen. The ways to get through levels, the way that powers work together in interesting ways, and just the general player-empowerment puts this game over the top. Not to mention one of my favorite one-two punches in level design ever in levels 7 and 8. Like the first game, I can see myself coming back to this one for years to come.

1xlRNof.png
2vEvxtH.png

16. Stardew Valley = 374 points, 18 honorable mentions
Earthpainting said:
If GotY was measured in amount of time wasted, Stardew Valley would easily be a top contender. As someone who loves Harvest Moon, but kind of laments the low-budget rut it's in, this game was such a pleasant surprise. It takes the Harvest Moon formula, and expands upon it greatly. Given that this is a game made by pretty much a single person, there's some slight rough patches here and there, but they're easily forgiven. ConcernedApe raised the bar in the genre, and left the door open for a mod scene that can probably keep the game going for quite another while.

Tofcdoo.png
m0wNlfR.png

17. XCOM 2 = 341 points, 7 honorable mentions
illusionary said:
I've loved X-Com from the days of the original games so Firaxis' remakes start from a strong position in my mind. While the strategic layer may not be as deep as the originals, XCOM remains an immensely satisfying tactical game, retaining that 'just one more turn' feeling - and this sequel builds on that in every way.

FOhO9Dz.png
qfraaDt.png

18. Battlefield 1 = 332 points, 21 honorable mentions
SoldierIce64 said:
Easily my favorite Battlefield game since BF2, I really enjoyed the World War 1 setting, increased destruction, incredible visuals and audio. My only complaints are the lack of important armies and also gore, which would've set the tone even more for how horrible this war was. But from what I can tell this game's popularity got more people interested in WW1 and that's what matters the most.

uHrcJqp.png
eXxO9LA.png

19. Firewatch = 322 points, 35 honorable mentions
FelipeMGM said:
For me It took the next step when it comes to walking simulators/FPX's. Introducing some traversing mechanics like the map and having an open world really worked well for me to connect to this world, even though exploration incentives were kinda limited. But what really shines here is the greatly written dialogues delivered amazingly well both by Cissy Jones and Rich Sommer. I was really invested in these two stories, and even though coices hardly change anything massive in gameplay or overall story, it made me feel more like a part of this. Also, Olly Moss art which can only be a plus.

mKReonl.png
Hgh0w7b.png

20. Fire Emblem Fates = 317 points, 21 honorable mentions
Makoto Yuki said:
An excellent entry that manages to give something to classical purists with Conquest, and something for new fans who love Awakening with Birthright. While it's strange that they are trying to cater the hardcore fans and the new fan base established with Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates is still move of that RNG tactical goodness the series has been known for.

----- GENRE AWARDS -----

ZdiMx5z.png
R8A6rSX.png

Action Game of the Year: Hitman = 659 points, 25 honorable mentions
2. Let It Die = 116 points, 9 honorable mentions
3. Severed = 57 points, 2 honorable mentions
4. Battleborn = 17 points, 2 honorable mentions
5. PlayStation VR Worlds = 16 points
6. The Lab = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
7. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
8. Hyrule Warriors Legends = 10 points, 2 honorable mentions
9. The Playroom VR = 9 points, 4 honorable mentions
10. Aragami = 8 points, 3 honorable mentions

B1Q34pA.png
01nZTol.png

Adventure Game of the Year: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End = 1978 points, 32 honorable mentions
2. The Last Guardian = 1320 points, 21 honorable mentions
3. Inside = 830 points, 38 honorable mentions
4. Dishonored 2 = 442 points, 23 honorable mentions
5. Firewatch = 323 points, 36 honorable mentions
6. Hyper Light Drifter = 219 points, 23 honorable mentions
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider = 181 points, 18 honorable mentions
8. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice = 179 points, 6 honorable mentions
9. Watch_Dogs 2 = 150 points, 9 honorable mentions
10. Oxenfree = 138 points, 25 honorable mentions

kI4EaRP.png
zRr9zPT.png

Fighting Game of the Year: Street Fighter V = 258 points, 9 honorable mentions
2. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator = 44 points, 4 honorable mentions
3. The King of Fighters XIV = 39 points, 1 honorable mention
4. Pokken Tournament = 26 points, 8 honorable mentions
5. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 = 21 points, 3 honorable mentions
6. BlazBlue: Central Fiction = 11 points
7. Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code = 11 points
8. Mother Russia Bleeds = 8 points
9. Mortal Kombat XL = 7 points
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 = 6 points

iZdYqF3.png
f1Z8Gmd.png

FPS Game of the Year: Doom = 1779 points, 35 honorable mentions
2. Overwatch = 1611 points, 25 honorable mentions
3. Titanfall 2 = 931 points, 39 honorable mentions
4. Battlefield 1 = 334 points, 21 honorable mentions
5. Superhot = 151 points, 24 honorable mentions
6. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare = 58 points, 9 honorable mentions
7. Destiny: Rise of Iron = 40 points, 5 honorable mentions
8. Shadow Warrior 2 = 37 points, 1 honorable mention
9. Devil Daggers = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions
10. Killing Floor 2 = 22 points

UD2VXVN.png
J2cwe7M.png

Horror Game of the Year: Resident Evil 4 = 20 points, 1 honorable mention
2. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
3. Dead Rising 4 = 14 points, 3 honorable mentions
4. Dying Light: The Following = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
5. Resident Evil 5 = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
6. Dead Rising = 9 points, 4 honorable mentions
7. Yomawari: Night Alone = 7 points, 3 honorable mentions
8. Anatomy = 6 points, 2 honorable mentions
9. Resident Evil 0 = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
10. IMSCARED = 6 points

jfbIOmM.png
pGRLcml.png

MMO Game of the Year: World of Warcraft: Legion = 109 points, 4 honorable mentions
2. Final Fantasy XIV Patches 3.2-3.4 = 7 points
3. ArcheAge - Revelation Starter Pack = 2 points
3. Warframe: The War Within = 2 points
5. Tree of Savior = 1 point

kItEKO6.png
zSLjAMb.png

Platform Game of the Year: Ratchet & Clank = 582 points, 32 honorable mentions
2. Kirby: Planet Robobot = 83 points, 5 honorable mentions
3. Bound = 44 points, 8 honorable mentions
4. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero = 39 points, 7 honorable mentions
5. Super Mario Run = 37 points, 10 honorable mentions
6. Unravel = 35 points, 6 honorable mentions
7. Owlboy = 33 points, 7 honorable mentions
8. Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition = 25 points, 5 honorable mentions
9. N++ = 19 points, 3 honorable mentions
10. Downwell = 17 points

JjXZPdn.png
njZPRHP.png

Puzzle Game of the Year: The Witness = 899 points, 17 honorable mentions
2. Overcooked = 73 points, 9 honorable mentions
3. Picross 3D: Round 2 = 56 points, 10 honorable mentions
4. Pony Island = 46 points, 10 honorable mentions
5. Pocket Card Jockey = 46 points, 3 honorable mentions
6. Stephen's Sausage Roll = 25 points, 3 honorable mentions
7. Obduction = 25 points, 2 honorable mentions
8. The Jackbox Party Pack 3 = 19 points
9. Quadrilateral Cowboy = 18 points, 2 honorable mentions
10. Shenzhen I/O = 18 points, 2 honorable mentions

IYeN4UG.png
b1dMxFe.png

Racing Game of the Year: Forza Horizon 3 = 313 points, 12 honorable mentions
2. DiRT Rally = 42 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Trackmania Turbo = 25 points
4. F1 2016 = 6 points, 3 honorable mentions
5. Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
6. Driveclub VR = 3 points
7. Table Top Racing: World Tour = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
8. Absolute Drift: Zen Edition = 2 points
9. Aqua Moto Racing Utopia = 2 points
10. Automobilista = 2 points

XKHScxe.png
Q4LeAj7.png

Rhythm Game of the Year: Thumper = 136 points, 9 honorable mentions
2. Rez Infinite = 83 points, 5 honorable mentions
3. Rhythm Heaven Megamix = 80 points, 4 honorable mentions
4. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone = 21 points
5. Amplitude = 14 points, 5 honorable mentions
6. Audioshield = 10 points
7. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X = 9 points, 3 honorable mentions
8. Crypt of the Necrodancer = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
9. LoveLive! School Idol Festival = 3 points
10. Harmonix Music VR = 2 points
10. Rocksmith 2014 Edition Remastered = 2 points

rGrVl4i.png
QkurRtZ.png

RPG Game of the Year: Dark Souls III = 1406 points, 8 honorable mentions
2. Final Fantasy XV = 974 points, 33 honorable mentions
3. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine = 576 points, 14 honorable mentions
4. Pokémon Sun/Moon = 512 points, 17 honorable mentions
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided = 448 points, 19 honorable mentions
6. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE = 192 points, 19 honorable mentions
7. Dragon Quest Builders = 161 points, 11 honorable mentions
8. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse = 142 points, 4 honorable mentions
9. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth = 132 points, 5 honorable mentions
10. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II = 113 points, 6 honorable mentions

fs0sJL2.png
K7Mv4jQ.png

Shooter Game of the Year: Gears of War 4 = 193 points, 15 honorable mentions
2. Tom Clancy's The Division = 152 points, 16 honorable mentions
3. Furi = 147 points, 15 honorable mentions
4. Quantum Break = 121 points, 13 honorable mentions
5. Enter the Gungeon = 67 points, 14 honorable mentions
6. Star Fox Zero = 49 points, 7 honorable mentions
7. Alienation = 46 points, 6 honorable mentions
8. Assault Android Cactus = 16 points, 2 honorable mentions
9. Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair = 15 points
10. Battle Garegga rev.2016 = 11 points

1xlRNof.png
ci7zOZI.png

Simulation Game of the Year: Stardew Valley = 374 points, 18 honorable mentions
2. Pokémon Go = 155 points, 18 honorable mentions
3. Planet Coaster = 50 points, 4 honorable mentions
4. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 = 15 points
5. American Truck Simulator = 13 points, 2 honorable mentions
6. Reigns = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
7. Job Simulator = 9 points
8. Farming Simulator 17 = 7 points
9. Orwell = 6 points, 3 honorable mentions
10. House of the Dying Sun = 6 points, 1 honorable mention

4GrDgWb.png
CtiBLRZ.png

Sports Game of the Year: FIFA 17 = 27 points, 1 honorable mention
2. Steep = 18 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Rocket League = 18 points, 3 honorable mentions
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 = 17 points, 1 honorable mention
5. MLB The Show 16 = 15 points, 2 honorable mentions
6. NBA 2K17 = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
7. Videoball = 8 points
8. NHL 17 = 5 points
9. Madden NFL 17 = 5 points
10. Out of the Park Baseball 17 = 4 points

Tofcdoo.png
kqIEnaa.png

Strategy Game of the Year: XCOM 2 = 341 points, 8 honorable mentions
2. Fire Emblem Fates = 323 points, 20 honorable mentions
3. Civilization VI = 186 points, 16 honorable mentions
4. Darkest Dungeon = 105 points, 8 honorable mentions
5. Stellaris = 76 points, 9 honorable mentions
6. Total War: Warhammer = 74 points, 1 honorable mention
7. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun = 50 points, 1 honorable mention
8. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered = 45 points, 8 honorable mentions
9. Clash Royale = 36 points, 2 honorable mentions
10. Hearts of Iron IV = 31 points, 4 honorable mentions

----- PLATFORM EXCLUSIVE and DOWNLOAD-ONLY AWARDS -----

NADSxfU.png
8SLEcBe.png

XB1 Game of the Year: Rocket League = 18 points, 3 honorable mentions
2. Raiden V = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
3. The Turing Test = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
4. The Solus Project = 3 points, 3 honorable mentions
5. Rebel Galaxy = 2 points

LJcQVHA.png
H2NyYCf.png

PS3 Game of the Year: Yakuza 5 = 5 points

VpGsRg9.png
2ZPZFsO.png

PSV Game of the Year: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II = 113 points, 6 honorable mentions
2. Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate = 14 points
3. Grand Kingdom = 13 points, 3 honorable mentions
4. God Eater 2: Rage Burst = 6 points
5. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni = 5 points, 2 honorable mentions

B1Q34pA.png
2Td9ddg.png

PS4 Game of the Year: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End = 1978 points, 32 honorable mentions
3. Ratchet & Clank = 582 points, 32 honorable mentions
4. Gravity Rush Remastered = 123 points, 16 honorable mentions
5. Let It Die = 116 points, 9 honorable mentions

BzSQAC8.png
u8SD8ln.png

NWU Game of the Year: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE = 192 points, 19 honorable mentions
2. Paper Mario: Color Splash = 75 points, 4 honorable mentions
3. Star Fox Zero = 49 points, 7 honorable mentions
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD = 37 points, 4 honorable mentions
5. Pokken Tournament = 26 points, 8 honorable mentions

21hrsc6.png
gM10EV8.png

3DS Game of the Year: Pokémon Sun/Moon = 512 points, 17 honorable mentions
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice = 179 points, 6 honorable mentions
4. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse = 142 points, 4 honorable mentions
5. Monster Hunter Generations = 89 points, 7 honorable mentions

r4dALFB.png
FiXIZjj.png

PC Game of the Year: Civilization VI = 186 points, 16 honorable mentions
2. World of Warcraft: Legion = 109 points, 4 honorable mentions
3. Tyranny = 108 points
4. VA-11 HALL-A = 101 points, 4 honorable mentions
5. Dragon's Dogma = 84 points, 6 honorable mentions

iZdYqF3.png
8pGj7n1.png

Multiplatform Game of the Year: Doom = 1779 points, 35 honorable mentions
2. Overwatch = 1611 points, 25 honorable mentions
3. Dark Souls III = 1406 points, 8 honorable mentions
4. Final Fantasy XV = 974 points, 33 honorable mentions
5. Titanfall 2 = 931 points, 39 honorable mentions
6. The Witness = 899 points, 17 honorable mentions
7. Inside = 830 points, 38 honorable mentions
8. Hitman = 659 points, 25 honorable mentions
9. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine = 576 points, 14 honorable mentions
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided = 448 points, 19 honorable mentions

----- HANDHELD and MOBILE AWARDS -----
21hrsc6.png
mBSN7Ca.png

Handheld Game of the Year: Pokémon Sun/Moon = 512 points, 17 honorable mentions
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice = 179 points, 6 honorable mentions
4. Dragon Quest Builders = 161 points, 11 honorable mentions
5. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse = 142 points, 4 honorable mentions
6. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth = 132 points, 5 honorable mentions
7. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma = 126 points, 13 honorable mentions
8. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II = 113 points, 6 honorable mentions
9. Darkest Dungeon = 105 points, 8 honorable mentions
10. Monster Hunter Generations = 89 points, 7 honorable mentions

05KKbf3.png
5kF0vU2.png

Mobile Game of the Year: Pokémon Go = 155 points, 18 honorable mentions
2. Severed = 57 points, 2 honorable mentions
3. Batman: The Telltale Series = 52 points, 8 honorable mentions
4. The House in Fata Morgana = 44 points
5. Super Mario Run = 37 points, 10 honorable mentions
6. Clash Royale = 36 points, 2 honorable mentions
7. Downwell = 17 points
8. Day of the Tentacle: Remastered Edition = 15 points, 4 honorable mentions
9. Samorost 3 = 14 points, 1 honorable mention
10. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius = 13 points, 1 honorable mention

----- DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION AWARDS -----
d0pHVKJ.png
r9sEPyG.png

Downloadable Game of the Year: Inside = 830 points, 38 honorable mentions
2. Hyper Light Drifter = 219 points, 23 honorable mentions
3. Furi = 147 points, 15 honorable mentions
4. Abzu = 127 points, 39 honorable mentions
5. Let It Die = 116 points, 9 honorable mentions
6. Tyranny = 108 points
7. VA-11 HALL-A = 101 points, 4 honorable mentions
8. Rez Infinite = 83 points, 5 honorable mentions
9. Stellaris = 76 points, 9 honorable mentions
10. Enter the Gungeon = 67 points, 14 honorable mentions

----- BONUS AWARDS -----

Widespread Appeal Award
The top 20 games ranked by number of appearances in ballots. (### = number of appearances)

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (736)
2. Doom (700)
3. Overwatch (573)
4. Dark Souls III (572)
5. The Last Guardian (466)
6. Titanfall 2 (424)
7. Final Fantasy XV (404)
8. Inside (385)
9. The Witness (358)
10. Ratchet & Clank (320)
11. Hitman (275)
12. Pokémon Sun/Moon (227)
13. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (219)
14. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (218)
15. Dishonored 2 (194)
16. Firewatch (193)
17. Battlefield 1 (175)
18. XCOM 2 (161)
19. Stardew Valley (156)
20. Fire Emblem Fates (149)

Passion Award
The top 20 games ranked by quantity of rank 1s awarded in ballots. (### = number of rank 1s awarded)

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (191)
2. Overwatch (189)
3. The Last Guardian (148)
4. Doom (127)
5. The Witness (90)
6. Dark Souls III (85)
7. Final Fantasy XV (77)
8. Hitman (42)
9. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (41)
10. Titanfall 2 (38)
11. Inside (33)
12. Pokémon Sun/Moon (24)
13. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (22)
14. Dishonored 2 (20)
15. Fire Emblem Fates (18)
16. Stardew Valley (17)
17. XCOM 2 (16)
18. Forza Horizon 3 (12)
18. Street Fighter V (12)
18. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (12)

Best New IP Award
The top 20 games that do not belong to a preexisting franchise.

1. Overwatch = 1611 points, 25 honorable mentions
3. The Witness = 899 points, 17 honorable mentions
4. Stardew Valley = 374 points, 18 honorable mentions
5. Furi = 147 points, 15 honorable mentions
6. Abzu = 127 points, 39 honorable mentions
7. No Man's Sky = 126 points, 21 honorable mentions
8. Let It Die = 116 points, 9 honorable mentions
9. Tyranny = 108 points
10. VA-11 HALL-A = 101 points, 4 honorable mentions
11. Stellaris = 76 points, 9 honorable mentions
12. Severed = 57 points, 2 honorable mentions
13. Planet Coaster = 50 points, 4 honorable mentions
14. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun = 50 points, 1 honorable mention
15. The House in Fata Morgana = 44 points
16. Clash Royale = 36 points, 2 honorable mentions
17. Owlboy = 33 points, 7 honorable mentions
18. Grim Dawn = 32 points, 2 honorable mentions
19. Devil Daggers = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions
20. I Am Setsuna = 25 points, 6 honorable mentions

High Quality Award
The top 20 games with at least 10 appearances, ranked by Average Points per Appearance (### = Average points per vote)

1. The House in Fata Morgana (3.666667)
2. Persona 5 (3.5)
3. The Last Guardian (2.832618)
4. Overwatch (2.811518)
5. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (2.756098)
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2.6875)
7. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (2.630137)
8. Doom (2.541429)
9. The Witness (2.511173)
10. Planet Coaster (2.5)
11. Dark Souls III (2.458042)
12. Final Fantasy XV (2.410891)
13. Stardew Valley (2.397436)
14. Hitman (2.396364)
15. Hearts of Iron IV (2.384615)
15. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (2.384615)
17. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (2.368421)
18. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (2.327869)
19. Total War: Warhammer (2.3125)
20. Grim Dawn (2.285714)

Seal of Quality Award
The top 10 publishers for the year, based on total number of points for all their titles.

1. Sony = 4200 points, 126 honorable mentions, 23 titles
2. Square-Enix = 2736 points, 150 honorable mentions, 24 titles
3. Bethesda = 2263 points, 62 honorable mentions, 6 titles
4. Nintendo = 1733 points, 145 honorable mentions, 29 titles
5. Blizzard = 1732 points, 30 honorable mentions, 4 titles
6. Bandai-Namco = 1621 points, 24 honorable mentions, 23 titles
7. EA = 1415 points, 81 honorable mentions, 10 titles
8. Thekla = 899 points, 17 honorable mentions, 1 title
9. Playdead = 830 points, 38 honorable mentions, 1 title
10. Microsoft = 693 points, 59 honorable mentions, 9 titles
11. Capcom = 669 points, 37 honorable mentions, 13 titles
12. 2K = 631 points, 42 honorable mentions, 7 titles
13. CD Projekt = 576 points, 14 honorable mentions, 1 title
14. Ubisoft = 394 points, 34 honorable mentions, 10 titles
15. Chucklefish = 385 points, 21 honorable mentions, 2 titles
16. Campo Santo = 323 points, 36 honorable mentions, 1 title
17. Atlus = 284 points, 20 honorable mentions, 6 titles
18. Heart Machine = 219 points, 23 honorable mentions, 1 title
19. Paradox = 187 points, 11 honorable mentions, 4 titles
20. Sega = 186 points, 18 honorable mentions, 14 titles

----- NeoGAF 2016 VOTER CENSUS -----

rDJEm0m.png

O8gZJA0.png

General Stats
Number of users: 1591
Number of ballots: 1500
Votes counted: 12113
Points awarded: 26294

PSM7aRt.png

j7EMzI1.png

iVDYHUz.png

Ballot length
10 titles - 856 (57.06667%)
9 titles - 69 (4.6%)
8 titles - 61 (4.066667%)
7 titles - 98 (6.533333%)
6 titles - 68 (4.533333%)
5 titles - 158 (10.53333%)
4 titles - 71 (4.733333%)
3 titles - 66 (4.4%)
2 titles - 25 (1.666667%)
1 title - 28 (1.866667%)

Exclusivity Data
The following data attempts to give a rough picture of how many ballots leaned heavily exclusive to one platform holder or another.
Data is presented as: % of ballots (raw number)

>= 50% Microsoft Exclusive: 0% (0)
>= 80% Microsoft Exclusive: 0% (0)
100% Microsoft Exclusive: 0% (0)

>= 50% Multi Exclusive: 83.13333% (1247)
>= 80% Multi Exclusive: 36.06667% (541)
100% Multi Exclusive: 9.266666% (139)

>= 50% Nintendo Exclusive: 5.2% (78)
>= 80% Nintendo Exclusive: 0.7333333% (11)
100% Nintendo Exclusive: 0.3333333% (5)

>= 50% PC Exclusive: 2.266667% (34)
>= 80% PC Exclusive: 0.2666667% (4)
100% PC Exclusive: 0.1333333% (2)

>= 50% Sony Exclusive: 7.266667% (109)
>= 80% Sony Exclusive: 1.066667% (16)
100% Sony Exclusive: 0.8% (12)

>= 50% Oculus Exclusive: 0% (0)
>= 80% Oculus Exclusive: 0% (0)
100% Oculus Exclusive: 0% (0)

% of ballots with at least one Microsoft exclusive: 0.1816231% (22)
% of ballots with at least one Multi exclusive: 66.00346% (7995)
% of ballots with at least one Nintendo exclusive: 8.651861% (1048)
% of ballots with at least one PC exclusive: 6.720053% (814)
% of ballots with at least one Sony exclusive: 17.83208% (2160)
% of ballots with at least one Oculus exclusive: 0% (0)

Microsoft exclusive points allocated: 0.1369134% (36)
Multi exclusive points allocated: 65.80589% (17303)
Nintendo exclusive points allocated: 8.10451% (2131)
PC exclusive points allocated: 6.259983% (1646)
Sony exclusive points allocated: 19.17548% (5042)
Oculus exclusive points allocated: 0% (0)

WXP5wec.png

HNFYV4c.png

Digital Distribution Frequency
Data pertaining to the number of digitally distributed (download-only) titles were voted on.
Data is presented as % of ballots, (raw number)

Ballots containing at least one download-only title: 63.6% (954)
Appearances of download-only titles: 14.26567% (1728)
Points allocated to download-only titles: 12.63026% (3321)

Tally Chart - Points Over Time

----- FULL STATS -----
Full 2010-2016 Statistics Download Here, Including Affinity Data and Recommendations

Overall Rankings
Here are all of the titles that received at least 3 points.

1. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Adventure) = 1978 points, 32 honorable mentions
2. [XB1][PS4][PC] Doom (FPS) = 1779 points, 35 honorable mentions
3. [XB1][PS4][PC] Overwatch (FPS) = 1611 points, 25 honorable mentions
4. [XB1][PS4][PC] Dark Souls III (RPG) = 1406 points, 8 honorable mentions
5. [PS4] The Last Guardian (Adventure) = 1320 points, 21 honorable mentions
6. [XB1][PS4] Final Fantasy XV (RPG) = 974 points, 33 honorable mentions
7. [XB1][PS4][PC] Titanfall 2 (FPS) = 931 points, 39 honorable mentions
8. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Witness (Puzzle) = 899 points, 17 honorable mentions
9. [XB1][PS4][PC] Inside (Adventure) = 830 points, 38 honorable mentions
10. [XB1][PS4][PC] Hitman (Action) = 659 points, 25 honorable mentions
11. [PS4] Ratchet & Clank (Platform) = 582 points, 32 honorable mentions
12. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (RPG) = 576 points, 14 honorable mentions
13. [3DS] Pokémon Sun/Moon (RPG) = 512 points, 17 honorable mentions
14. [XB1][PS4][PC] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (RPG) = 448 points, 19 honorable mentions
15. [XB1][PS4][PC] Dishonored 2 (Adventure) = 442 points, 23 honorable mentions
16. [XB1][PS4][PC] Stardew Valley (Simulation) = 374 points, 18 honorable mentions
17. [XB1][PS4][PC] XCOM 2 (Strategy) = 341 points, 8 honorable mentions
18. [XB1][PS4][PC] Battlefield 1 (FPS) = 334 points, 21 honorable mentions
19. [XB1][PS4][PC] Firewatch (Adventure) = 323 points, 36 honorable mentions
20. [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates (Strategy) = 323 points, 20 honorable mentions
21. [XB1][PC] Forza Horizon 3 (Racing) = 313 points, 12 honorable mentions
22. [PS4][PC] Street Fighter V (Fighting) = 258 points, 9 honorable mentions
23. [XB1][PS4][PC] Hyper Light Drifter (Adventure) = 219 points, 23 honorable mentions
24. [XB1][PC] Gears of War 4 (Shooter) = 193 points, 15 honorable mentions
25. [NWU] Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (RPG) = 192 points, 19 honorable mentions
26. [PC] Civilization VI (Strategy) = 186 points, 16 honorable mentions
27. [PS4][PC] Rise of the Tomb Raider (Adventure) = 181 points, 18 honorable mentions
28. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice (Adventure) = 179 points, 6 honorable mentions
29. [PSV][PS4] Dragon Quest Builders (RPG) = 161 points, 11 honorable mentions
30. [IOS][AND] Pokémon Go (Simulation) = 155 points, 18 honorable mentions
31. [XB1][PS4][PC] Tom Clancy's The Division (Shooter) = 152 points, 16 honorable mentions
32. [XB1][PC] Superhot (FPS) = 151 points, 24 honorable mentions
33. [XB1][PS4][PC] Watch_Dogs 2 (Adventure) = 150 points, 9 honorable mentions
34. [XB1][PS4][PC] Furi (Shooter) = 147 points, 15 honorable mentions
35. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (RPG) = 142 points, 4 honorable mentions
36. [XB1][PS4][PC] Oxenfree (Adventure) = 138 points, 25 honorable mentions
37. [PS4][PSVR][PC] Thumper (Rhythm) = 136 points, 9 honorable mentions
38. [PSV][PS4] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (RPG) = 132 points, 5 honorable mentions
39. [XB1][PS4][PC] Abzu (Adventure) = 127 points, 39 honorable mentions
40. [PS4][PC] No Man's Sky (Adventure) = 126 points, 21 honorable mentions
41. [PSV][3DS][PC] Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (Adventure) = 126 points, 13 honorable mentions
42. [XB1][PC] Quantum Break (Shooter) = 121 points, 13 honorable mentions
43. [PS4] Let It Die (Action) = 116 points, 9 honorable mentions
44. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (RPG) = 113 points, 6 honorable mentions
45. [PC] World of Warcraft: Legion (MMO) = 109 points, 4 honorable mentions
46. [PC] Tyranny (RPG) = 108 points
47. [PSV][PS4][PC] Darkest Dungeon (Strategy) = 105 points, 8 honorable mentions
48. [PC] VA-11 HALL-A (Adventure) = 101 points, 4 honorable mentions
49. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy (RPG) = 99 points, 7 honorable mentions
50. [PS4] Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (Adventure) = 95 points, 10 honorable mentions
51. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations (RPG) = 89 points, 7 honorable mentions
52. [PS4][PC] Salt and Sanctuary (Adventure) = 84 points, 3 honorable mentions
53. [PS4][PSVR][NWU] Rez Infinite (Rhythm) = 83 points, 5 honorable mentions
54. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (Platform) = 83 points, 5 honorable mentions
55. [PSV][PS4][PC] SteinsGate 0 (Adventure) = 83 points, 1 honorable mention
56. [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (RPG) = 81 points, 11 honorable mentions
57. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven Megamix (Rhythm) = 80 points, 4 honorable mentions
58. [PC] Stellaris (Strategy) = 76 points, 9 honorable mentions
59. [NWU] Paper Mario: Color Splash (Adventure) = 75 points, 4 honorable mentions
60. [PC] Total War: Warhammer (Strategy) = 74 points, 1 honorable mention
61. [PS4][PC] Overcooked (Puzzle) = 73 points, 9 honorable mentions
62. [XB1][PS4][PC] Mafia III (Adventure) = 68 points, 8 honorable mentions
63. [PS4][PC] Enter the Gungeon (Shooter) = 67 points, 14 honorable mentions
64. [PC] Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (Adventure) = 62 points, 2 honorable mentions
65. [XB1][PS4][PC] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (FPS) = 58 points, 9 honorable mentions
66. [PS4][PSVR] Batman: Arkham VR (Adventure) = 57 points, 2 honorable mentions
67. [PSV][NWU][3DS][IOS] Severed (Action) = 57 points, 2 honorable mentions
68. [3DS] Picross 3D: Round 2 (Puzzle) = 56 points, 10 honorable mentions
69. [PS4][PC] Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Adventure) = 53 points, 8 honorable mentions
70. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] Batman: The Telltale Series (Adventure) = 52 points, 8 honorable mentions
71. [PC] Planet Coaster (Simulation) = 50 points, 4 honorable mentions
72. [PC] Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (Strategy) = 50 points, 1 honorable mention
73. [NWU] Star Fox Zero (Shooter) = 49 points, 7 honorable mentions
74. [PC] Xanadu Next (Adventure) = 47 points, 3 honorable mentions
75. [PC] Pony Island (Puzzle) = 46 points, 10 honorable mentions
76. [PS4] Alienation (Shooter) = 46 points, 6 honorable mentions
77. [3DS] Pocket Card Jockey (Puzzle) = 46 points, 3 honorable mentions
78. [PS4] Bound (Platform) = 44 points, 8 honorable mentions
79. [PS4][PC] Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (Fighting) = 44 points, 4 honorable mentions
80. [3DS][PC][IOS] The House in Fata Morgana (Adventure) = 44 points
81. [3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer (RPG) = 43 points, 6 honorable mentions
82. [PS4] Persona 5 (RPG) = 42 points, 4 honorable mentions
83. [XB1][PS4][PC] DiRT Rally (Racing) = 42 points, 3 honorable mentions
84. [XB1][PS4] Destiny: Rise of Iron (FPS) = 40 points, 5 honorable mentions
85. [XB1][PS4][PC] Virginia (Adventure) = 39 points, 13 honorable mentions
86. [XB1][PSV][PS4][NWU][PC] Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Platform) = 39 points, 7 honorable mentions
87. [PS4] The King of Fighters XIV (Fighting) = 39 points, 1 honorable mention
88. [IOS] Super Mario Run (Platform) = 37 points, 10 honorable mentions
89. [PC] Shadow Warrior 2 (FPS) = 37 points, 1 honorable mention
90. [IOS][AND] Clash Royale (Strategy) = 36 points, 2 honorable mentions
91. [XB1][PS4][PC] Unravel (Platform) = 35 points, 6 honorable mentions
92. [PC] Owlboy (Platform) = 33 points, 7 honorable mentions
93. [PC] Grim Dawn (Adventure) = 32 points, 2 honorable mentions
94. [PC] Hearts of Iron IV (Strategy) = 31 points, 4 honorable mentions
95. [PSV][PS4][NWU][PC] SteamWorld Heist (Strategy) = 31 points, 3 honorable mentions
96. [XB1][PS4][PC] Far Cry Primal (Adventure) = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions
97. [PC] Devil Daggers (FPS) = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions
98. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Banner Saga 2 (Strategy) = 28 points, 3 honorable mentions
99. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC] FIFA 17 (Sports) = 27 points, 1 honorable mention
100. [NWU] Pokken Tournament (Fighting) = 26 points, 8 honorable mentions
101. [PSV][PS4][PC] I Am Setsuna (RPG) = 25 points, 6 honorable mentions
102. [XB1][PC] Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition (Platform) = 25 points, 5 honorable mentions
103. [PC] Stephen's Sausage Roll (Puzzle) = 25 points, 3 honorable mentions
104. [PC][OVR] Obduction (Puzzle) = 25 points, 2 honorable mentions
105. [XB1][PS4][PC] Trackmania Turbo (Racing) = 25 points
106. [PS4] Killing Floor 2 (FPS) = 22 points
107. [XB1][PS4][PC] Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Fighting) = 21 points, 3 honorable mentions
108. [PC] Umineko (Adventure) = 21 points
109. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (Rhythm) = 21 points
110. [XB1][PS4] Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Strategy) = 20 points, 5 honorable mentions
111. [PC] N++ (Platform) = 19 points, 3 honorable mentions
112. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Puzzle) = 19 points
113. [XB1][PC] ReCore (Adventure) = 18 points, 10 honorable mentions
114. [XB1][PS4][PC] Steep (Sports) = 18 points, 3 honorable mentions
115. [XB1] Rocket League (Sports) = 18 points, 3 honorable mentions
116. [PC] Quadrilateral Cowboy (Puzzle) = 18 points, 2 honorable mentions
117. [PC] Shenzhen I/O (Puzzle) = 18 points, 2 honorable mentions
118. [XB1][PS4] Battleborn (Action) = 17 points, 2 honorable mentions
119. [XB1][PS4] Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Sports) = 17 points, 1 honorable mention
120. [PS4][PSVR][NWU] Rigs: Mechanized Combat League (FPS) = 17 points
121. [PSV][PS4][AND] Downwell (Platform) = 17 points
122. [PS4] Assault Android Cactus (Shooter) = 16 points, 2 honorable mentions
123. [PS4][PSVR] PlayStation VR Worlds (Action) = 16 points
124. [PSV][PS4][PC][IOS] Day of the Tentacle: Remastered Edition (Adventure) = 15 points, 4 honorable mentions
125. [XB1][PSV][NWU] Axiom Verge (Adventure) = 15 points, 3 honorable mentions
126. [PS4] Tricky Towers (Puzzle) = 15 points, 3 honorable mentions
127. [PSV][PS4] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (RPG) = 15 points, 2 honorable mentions
128. [PS4] MLB The Show 16 (Sports) = 15 points, 2 honorable mentions
129. [PC][OVR][HTC] The Lab (Action) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
130. [PS4] Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (Horror) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
131. [PSV][PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (Simulation) = 15 points
132. [PS4] Amplitude (Rhythm) = 14 points, 5 honorable mentions
133. [XB1][PC] Dead Rising 4 (Horror) = 14 points, 3 honorable mentions
134. [PC] The Silver Case (Adventure) = 14 points, 1 honorable mention
135. [PC] OneShot (Adventure) = 14 points, 1 honorable mention
136. [PC][IOS][AND] Samorost 3 (Puzzle) = 14 points, 1 honorable mention
137. [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (RPG) = 14 points
138. [PC] Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak (Strategy) = 13 points, 4 honorable mentions
139. [PSV] Grand Kingdom (Strategy) = 13 points, 3 honorable mentions
140. [PC] American Truck Simulator (Simulation) = 13 points, 2 honorable mentions
141. [IOS][AND] Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (RPG) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
142. [XB1][PS4][PC] Dying Light: The Following (Horror) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
143. [3DS] BoxBoxBoy! (Platform) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
144. [PC][IOS][AND] Reigns (Simulation) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
145. [PS4] Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers (Strategy) = 13 points
146. [PC] Kentucky Route Zero - Act IV (Adventure) = 13 points
147. [PC] Root Double -Before Crime * After Days (Adventure) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
148. [PS4] The Tomorrow Children (Strategy) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
149. [PSV][PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (Action) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
150. [XB1][PSV][PC] Stranger of Sword City (RPG) = 12 points
151. [PC][IOS] Hearthstone: Whispers of the Old Gods (Strategy) = 12 points
152. [XB1][PS4][PC] Headlander (Adventure) = 11 points, 3 honorable mentions
153. [PC] Starbound (Adventure) = 11 points, 3 honorable mentions
154. [PS4] Invisible, Inc. (Strategy) = 11 points, 2 honorable mentions
155. [PS4][ARC] Battle Garegga rev.2016 (Shooter) = 11 points
156. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Fighting) = 11 points
157. [IOS][AND] Granblue Fantasy (RPG) = 11 points
158. [PS4] Gundam Breaker 3 (Shooter) = 11 points
159. [PC] Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code (Fighting) = 11 points
160. [PS4] Wild Guns Reloaded (Shooter) = 10 points, 5 honorable mentions
161. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends (Action) = 10 points, 2 honorable mentions
162. [PC][IOS] Solitairica (Puzzle) = 10 points
163. [XB1][PS4][PC] ClusterTruck (Platform) = 10 points
164. [PC][HTC] Audioshield (Rhythm) = 10 points
165. [PS4][PSVR] The Playroom VR (Action) = 9 points, 4 honorable mentions
166. [PSV][PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X (Rhythm) = 9 points, 3 honorable mentions
167. [PSV][PS4] Crypt of the Necrodancer (Rhythm) = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
168. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (RPG) = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
169. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] NBA 2K17 (Sports) = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
170. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Platform) = 9 points, 1 honorable mention
171. [PC] Offworld Trading Company (Strategy) = 9 points
172. [PS4][PSVR][NWU][PC] Job Simulator (Simulation) = 9 points
173. [PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness (RPG) = 8 points, 4 honorable mentions
174. [XB1][PS4] Grow Up (Adventure) = 8 points, 3 honorable mentions
175. [PS4] Aragami (Action) = 8 points, 3 honorable mentions
176. [PS4] This War of Mine: The Little Ones (Adventure) = 8 points, 2 honorable mentions
177. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (RPG) = 8 points, 1 honorable mention
178. [PS4] Stories: The Path of Destinies (Adventure) = 8 points, 1 honorable mention
179. [PC] Sunless Sea: Zubmariner (Adventure) = 8 points
180. [XB1][PS4][PC] Videoball (Sports) = 8 points
181. [PS4] Mother Russia Bleeds (Fighting) = 8 points
182. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4][PC] King's Quest: The Complete Collection (Adventure) = 8 points
183. [PSV][PC] Yomawari: Night Alone (Horror) = 7 points, 3 honorable mentions
184. [PS4] Broforce (Platform) = 7 points, 2 honorable mentions
185. [3DS] Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (Action) = 7 points, 1 honorable mention
186. [XB1][PS4][PC] Farming Simulator 17 (Simulation) = 7 points
186. [PS3][PS4][PC] Final Fantasy XIV Patches 3.2-3.4 (MMO) = 7 points
188. [IOS][AND] Sorcery! 4 (Adventure) = 7 points
189. [PS4] Divinity: Original Sin (RPG) = 7 points
190. [XB1][PS4] F1 2016 (Racing) = 6 points, 3 honorable mentions
191. [PC] Orwell (Simulation) = 6 points, 3 honorable mentions
192. [PC] Anatomy (Horror) = 6 points, 2 honorable mentions
193. [PC] Twilight Struggle (Strategy) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
194. [3DS] Sega 3D Classics Collection (Action) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
195. [PC] Duelyst (Strategy) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
196. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits/Fleshy Souls (RPG) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
197. [PC] House of the Dying Sun (Simulation) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
198. [PC] Path of Exile: Ascendancy (RPG) = 6 points
199. [PC] IMSCARED (Horror) = 6 points
200. [PS3][PSV][PS4][PC] Nights of Azure (Adventure) = 6 points
201. [PC] Atlas Reactor (Strategy) = 6 points
202. [NWU][PC][OVR] Chronos (RPG) = 6 points
203. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Adventure) = 6 points
203. [PC] Seraph (Action) = 6 points
203. [PS4][PC][IOS] Tharsis (Strategy) = 6 points
206. [PS4] Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Action) = 6 points
207. [IOS] Deus Ex GO (Strategy) = 6 points
208. [XB1][PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (Fighting) = 6 points
209. [XB1][PS3][PS4][PC] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (Strategy) = 5 points, 2 honorable mentions
210. [PSV] Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Action) = 5 points, 2 honorable mentions
211. [PC] 1979 Revolution: Black Friday (Adventure) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
212. [PSV] Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (RPG) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
213. [PS4] Yakuza 6 (Action) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
214. [PS4] Layers of Fear (Horror) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
215. [PSV] Trillion: God of Destruction (RPG) = 5 points
216. [3DS] Picross e7 (Puzzle) = 5 points
217. [IOS] Imbroglio (Action) = 5 points
217. [PC] Masquerada: Songs and Shadows (RPG) = 5 points
219. [3DS] Gotta Protectors (Strategy) = 5 points
219. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (RPG) = 5 points
221. [NWU] Super Meat Boy (Platform) = 5 points
222. [PC] Duskers (Strategy) = 5 points
223. [XB1][PS4] NHL 17 (Sports) = 5 points
224. [PC] The Count Lucanor (Adventure) = 5 points
225. [XB1][PS4] Kerbal Space Program (Simulation) = 5 points
226. [PC] Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo (Shooter) = 5 points
226. [PS4][PSVR] Tethered (Strategy) = 5 points
228. [360][XB1][PS3][PS4] Madden NFL 17 (Sports) = 5 points
229. [XB1][PC] Killer Instinct Season 3 (Fighting) = 5 points
230. [PC] Event[0] (Adventure) = 5 points
231. [IOS][AND] Miitomo (Simulation) = 5 points
232. [PS4] Shadow of the Beast (Action) = 5 points
233. [XB1][PS4][PC] Fallout 4: Far Harbor (RPG) = 4 points, 2 honorable mentions
234. [PC] Blue Revolver (Shooter) = 4 points, 2 honorable mentions
235. [XB1][PS3][PS4][PC][IOS][AND] The Walking Dead: Michonne (Adventure) = 4 points, 2 honorable mentions
236. [3DS] My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Puzzle) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
237. [XB1] Raiden V (Shooter) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
238. [XB1][PS4][PC] Ittle Dew 2 (Adventure) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
239. [PSV] God Eater Resurrection (Adventure) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
240. [PS4][PC] Megadimension Neptunia VII (RPG) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
240. [XB1] The Turing Test (Puzzle) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
242. [XB1][PSV] Hue (Platform) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
243. [PS4][PC] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension (Strategy) = 4 points
243. [PC] Out of the Park Baseball 17 (Sports) = 4 points
243. [XB1][PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division: Survival (Shooter) = 4 points
246. [PC][IOS][AND] Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (RPG) = 4 points
246. [PC] Candle (Adventure) = 4 points
248. [PC] Football Manager 2017 (Simulation) = 4 points
248. [XB1][PS4][PC] Ultimate Chicken Horse (Platform) = 4 points
250. [PC] DoDonPachi Resurrection (Shooter) = 4 points
251. [PC] Master of Orion (Strategy) = 4 points
252. [PC] Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.3 Tatarigoroshi (Adventure) = 4 points
252. [IOS] Romancing SaGa 2 (RPG) = 4 points
254. [PC] ICEY (Action) = 4 points
254. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami (Action) = 4 points
256. [XB1][PS4][PC] The Technomancer (RPG) = 4 points
257. [360][XB1][PS3][PSV][PS4][NWU][3DS][PC][IOS][AND] Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Adventure) = 4 points
258. [XB1] The Solus Project (Adventure) = 3 points, 3 honorable mentions
259. [PS4] Ark: Survival Evolved (Adventure) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
259. [PC] Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor (Adventure) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
259. [PC] Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man (Strategy) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
259. [XB1][PC] Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain (Racing) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
259. [PC] Sethian (Simulation) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
264. [PS4][PC] Viking Squad (Action) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
265. [PS4][3DS] Mega Man Legacy Collection (Action) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
265. [XB1][PS4] Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (Action) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
267. [PSV] Adventures of Mana (RPG) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
268. [PC][IOS] Crashlands (RPG) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
268. [PC] The Last Door: Season 2 (Adventure) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
270. [PC][IOS] Kathy Rain (Adventure) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
270. [PSV][NWU] Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered (Puzzle) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
272. [IOS] Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic (Simulation) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
273. [PS4] Hardware: Rivals (Action) = 3 points
273. [XB1][PS4][PC] Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (Adventure) = 3 points
273. [PC] The Curious Expedition (Adventure) = 3 points
273. [PC] Turmoil (Strategy) = 3 points
277. [PS4] Caladrius Blaze (Shooter) = 3 points
277. [PS4] Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours - Battle Garegga (Shooter) = 3 points
277. [PC] DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark (Horror) = 3 points
277. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey V (RPG) = 3 points
277. [XB1][PS4][PC] Fallout 4: Nuka World (RPG) = 3 points
277. [PC] GoNNER (Action) = 3 points
277. [PS3][PSV][PS4] Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis (Action) = 3 points
277. [ARC] LoveLive! School Idol Festival (Rhythm) = 3 points
277. [XB1][PS4][PC] Mordheim: City of the Damned (Strategy) = 3 points
277. [PC] New Super Hook Girl (Action) = 3 points
277. [PC] Pocket Mirror (RPG) = 3 points
277. [PS4][PC] Soft Body (Puzzle) = 3 points
289. [PS4][PSVR][NWU][PC] Eagle Flight (Simulation) = 3 points
290. [XB1][PS4] 7 Days to Die (Adventure) = 3 points
290. [XB1][PSV][PS4] Attack on Titan / A.O.T. Wings of Freedom (Action) = 3 points
290. [3DS] Stella Glow (RPG) = 3 points
290. [PS4] Tales of Berseria (RPG) = 3 points
290. [PSV][PS4] The Last Blade 2 (Fighting) = 3 points
295. [PS4][PC] Asemblance (Adventure) = 3 points
295. [PC] Deadbolt (Action) = 3 points
295. [PS4][PSVR] Driveclub VR (Racing) = 3 points
295. [PC] Dungeon Rats (Strategy) = 3 points
295. [IOS][AND] Hidden My Game By Mom (Puzzle) = 3 points
295. [PS4][PSVR] Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission (FPS) = 3 points
295. [PS4] Super Time Force Ultra (Shooter) = 3 points
295. [XB1][PS4] Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (FPS) = 3 points
303. [PC] Zombie Night Terror (Puzzle) = 3 points
304. [PS4] Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Fighting) = 3 points
305. [PSV] Gal*Gun: Double Peace (Shooter) = 3 points

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Uncharted 4 and DOOM! Didn't expect that at all. Was hoping DOOM would make it high on the list but wasn't expecting it anywhere near #2. Well done.

PS4 exclusives picking up GAF GOTY two years in a row, that's impressive. Need to find a deal on a PS4 Pro and get in on the action already.

Glad to see Dishonored 2 in the top 15 (my personal GOTY). This game is great, don't sleep on it folks!

AngryMoth

Great work on the thread guys!

Wow people liked uncharted a lot more than I realised. Have a feeling this might be one of those times people look back in 5 years and wonder how it managed to win, but could be just my personal bias speaking. That's certainly a great list of games anyway, 2016 was a fantastic year.

Uncharted wins. In other news, water is wet.

2016 was a great year for games and 2017 is starting off pretty strong as well.

defusal

Wow didn't expect the witness that low although great competition. 2016 was a great year for games. Thank you guys for putting this together must of been a big undertaking.

Thanks for all the hard work in putting this together!

Strongly disagree with Uncharted being #1. I don't think it's the type of game design we should be rewarding, but it is what it is.

Congrats to all the winners.

How on Earth is Dishonored 2 so low? You dun goofed, GAF.

When you're not a big boy but your parents make you sit at the big boy table, you get ignored.

Dishonored 2 had no business launching during the holiday season. But since it did I can pick it up this year for like 10 bucks soon enough. Why would I do it any other way.

The Last Guardian cracking the top 5 is absolutely insane to me, but about what I expected. Uncharted is a predictable populist pick, and it's hard to act surprised that it won out amongst this community.

Glad to see Hitman got some love, though.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Thanks for the work.

--
Found a few mistakes.
Virginia also on PC, PS4
Superhot also on PC
Oxenfree also on XB1, PC
Trackmania Turbo also on PS4, PC

Realeza

Banned
When you're not a big boy but your parents make you sit at the big boy table, you get ignored.

Dishonored 2 had no business launching during the holiday season. But since it did I can pick it up this year for like 10 bucks soon enough. Why would I do it any other way.

What a dumbass thing to say. How about supporting a fantastic game, for starters?

That is a STRONG Top 10. 8 of the 10 made my list, and my other two are in the Top 15.

Not having played FFXV yet is my only regret. Pretty much got to play everything else I wanted to play in 2016, which is a rarity. Amazing year!

Awesome job timetokill and cheesemeister yet again!

Oh, and good job GAF. Uncharted 4 is a fine choice (it was my #1C! :p)

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Lol go Uncharted 4. Going to be a lot of hurt people in this thread. The Last Guardian is a close second.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Dishonored 2 is more deserving of being at the big boy table than 90% of AAA titles. Game is straight fire.

reKon

Banned
Strong top 10 line up there. All very good to excellent games.

So GAF is all about graphics > gameplay? Well that's a bummer. :(

Be specific. If it's with Uncharted 4, it easily has the strongest gameplay in the series and is one of the most dynamic third person shooters EVER created with excellent gun play and sound design.

The issue with the gameplay is the pacing of it within the story. But there's also the MP, which people seem to ignore for some reason. Many of the game mechanics carry over and from the SP and it can be a ton of fun.

Top Bottom