• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Pre-Order Steam India region price glitch? Super super Cheap!!

kdash7

My first thread!! Thought this is thread worthy :

Regular version : INR 989 ($15)
Deluxe version : INR 1608 ($23)

http://imgur.com/a/Wt1zK

I have pre-ordered it! I am from India btw. Hope this may be helpful for the Steam folks.

Please lock thread if this is useless.

Not a glitch. Namco does regional pricing for some games here. God eater bundle was priced much lower than 60$ as well. 989 is the 50$ equivalent for India anyway. Berseria on the other hand is 3000+ rupees.

Tizoc

Apparently that is on Steam. Keep in mind that purchases from India Steam store are region locked.

kdash7

Not a glitch. Namco does regional pricing for some games here. God eater bundle was priced much lower than 60$ as well. 989 is the 50$ equivalent for India anyway. Berseria on the other hand is 3000+ rupees.

Lol hell no... regular priced games here are between INR 3000 - 5000. I live in India so I know.This is super cheap!!

Yeah I was in India earlier in the winter and the prices on Steam were unbelievably cheap. Unfortunately no Steam gift cards there meant that card was the only way to purchase reasonably.

Lol hell no... regular priced games here are between INR 3000 - 5000. I live in India so I know.This is super cheap!!

Uhh are you sure you use India steam? Square Enix western AAA games are 999 here. God eater was 989 at launch. I know because I gifted a few copies to people in India :) even tecmo does India pricing. 1179 rupees corresponds to 60$.

Yeah I was in India earlier in the winter and the prices on Steam were unbelievably cheap. Unfortunately no Steam gift cards there meant that card was the only way to purchase reasonably.

Steam cards from other regions can be added to your account in India and they convert. That's what gaf user spindoctor told me.

The vast majority of games are far, far cheaper than that.

I believe you can use a Steam wallet code for any region and it will convert to the currency of the regional store you are viewing. Meaning you could buy a $20 card from Amazon for example and when you activate it in India it would convert that amount to INR according to Valve's exchange rate.

Not sure if you've only checked console game prices before but I live in India as well and PC games have always been priced between Rs.1000 ($15) to Rs.3000 ($45). I bought Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC for Rs.1000

The only companies which price the games more than Rs.3000 are the usual greedy suspects, EA, Activision and Bethesda/Zenimax.

I believe you can use a Steam wallet code for any region and it will convert to the currency of the regional store you are viewing. Meaning you could buy a $20 card from Amazon for example and when you activate it in India it would convert that amount to INR according to Valve's exchange rate.

Uhh are you sure you use India steam? Square Enix western AAA games are 999 here. God eater was 989 at launch. I know because I gifted a few copies to people in India :) even tecmo does India pricing. 1179 rupees corresponds to 60$.

Steam cards from other regions can be added to your account in India and they convert. That's what gaf user spindoctor told me.

You're fucking kidding me.

Can we have the entire Tekken series on Steam? Capcom is remastering their classic games for the newer generation, and Namco should follow suit. Tekken 3 is masterful.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

without a vpn?

It's possible to purchase games from the Indian Steam Store without using a VPN and the games show up as being region-free (when bought directly to account, not gift). I won't disclose the method but it's not difficult to figure out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
without a vpn?

The currency of your wallet doesn't change until you complete a purchase and Steam Wallet codes auto-convert if there's a currency mismatch.

Edit: Oh, the second part has already been mentioned.

It's possible to purchase games from the Indian Steam Store without using a VPN and the games show up as being region-free (when bought directly to account, not gift). I won't disclose the method but it's not difficult to figure out.

As of April 2015, your store region is now an account setting and you're given two options: one based on your IP and another based on the region within which you last completed a purchase. In other words, it's only possible to purchase from the Indian store sans VPN if it's the store you used for your most recent purchase. Changing regions by adding ?cc=xx to the URL no longer works if you're logged in.

BasilZero

Yep noticed it too - a lot of games were half the price of us prices and those were normal prices.

kdash7

Not sure if you've only checked console game prices before but I live in India as well and PC games have always been priced between Rs.1000 ($15) to Rs.3000 ($45). I bought Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC for Rs.1000

The only companies which price the games more than Rs.3000 are the usual greedy suspects, EA, Activision and Bethesda/Zenimax.

Yeah my bad I am comparing it with the console gaming prices here.. they are ridiculous. But I am amazingly surprised that Tekken 7 is being sold dirt cheap here!!! I was expecting like Rs 2999 on Steam... at minimum. This is pretty amazing.. I am so desperately waiting for this game to come out.

sephi22

India had shit ton of piracy back in 2005. It probably still does, which explains why some of these games are so cheap legally, and also why they are region locked. I bought an Indian copy of CS:Source back in Dubai because the retailer told me its way cheaper. Found it was region locked. Guy was nice enough to exchange it for a regular Middle East copy at no extra cost.

kdash7

Sorry I was comparing the prices of the console games in India. I game more on consoles. So this price is crazy..haha..

shiroryu

I'm in India too, and I flipped out when I saw it. I'll be buying the Deluxe Edition for Rs. 1608. Harada deserves that support.

Tales of Berseria is full US price though :(

Top Bottom