• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scientists Planning March on Washington, for Science!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TZkLSw5.png

March For Science subreddit
Note: you don't have to be a scientist to show up. If you're a support of empirical evidence-based science, then feel free to go.

Seems like they're still in the organization steps, but in light of recent events the science community is starting to put together a March for Science. The above link is to the new sub, as to encourage everybody to join (whereas the old subreddit was ScientistsMarch), but it is currently a little over 2k subs (old was over 6k).

Hoping the can get a decent rallying behind this message, especially as recent news hasn't been too kind towards pro-science ideas or climate change studies.

Linkura

Very much interested in this. Husband has a science degree so he would qualify as a scientist. However, they say all are welcome, including concerned citizens who are not scientists (like me).

The more protests, the better.

Yes! Don't piss off the people who will make the future.

These are the people who can easily enable the "Kill All Humans" function on all our technology.

This only started 24 hours ago a d the Facebook group added 20,000 people in that time, most coming in the past 4-5 hours; it has been covered on CNN and elsewhere and will be big.

As a scientist, I just might join in, if I can find a way to DC.

The Lamp

I wish I could go but I probably can't afford to go to DC any time soon. As a chemical engineer I support this 100%

Maybe I can donate a little

My nephew is helping to organize the march in Tucson, AZ. He is earning his master's in Ecology and is rallying the other scientists there!

Wish I could attend, but there's no way that's happening. Definitely wish them the best of luck with this though. We're definitely gonna need it.

i abandoned my education as a scientist in favor of some endeavors that i'm more passionate about career wise, but I am still very much an advocate for any and all science

i absolutely support this march and i'm honestly thinking about going to DC to participate

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Interested in this, I just went to DC for the first time this year and really wanna go back. Might as well combine this. we could do a Science-GAF meetup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom