• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PlayStation VR Bundles Coming This Month for US and Canada

Loudninja

If you haven’t picked up PlayStation VR yet, we’ve got some good news – the PS VR bundle is making a return. This was available for pre-order before launch, but it’s hitting store shelves next week for $499 USD / $699 CAD (MSRP). Check your local retailers for availability.

The PlayStation VR Bundle represents a great value, as it includes all of the following items:

• PlayStation VR headset
  • PlayStation Camera
  • Two PlayStation Move motion controllers
  • PlayStation VR demo disc
  • PlayStation VR Worlds

Interested in the frightening adrenaline ride of Until Dawn: Rush of Blood? Well, even more good news – an exclusive PlayStation VR Until Dawn: Rush of Blood Bundle will be available at GameStop and EB Games. This bundle will become available later this month for $499 USD / $699 CAD (MSRP), and includes the following:

• PlayStation VR headset
  • PlayStation Camera
  • Two PlayStation Move motion controllers
  • PlayStation VR demo disc
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/more-playstation-vr-bundles-coming-this-month/

Nice, it should be noted that if a prospective buyer is interested in both VR Worlds and Rush of Blood, the former retails currently for $35-40 and the latter $20( and has been on sale at places like Bestbuy for $10 recently). You're better off getting the VR worlds bundle and buying Rush of Blood separately in that case.

Don't sleep on this if you want one. PSVR has been in short supply since launch, particularly the bundles with the camera, game and Move controllers.

ranmafan

Good for those in the US looking to buy one. Hope this means more units are going to be made available everywhere soon. Still waiting for another chance just to try to buy one in Japan.

Theyll sell out in like two minutes been trying to secure some for different family members for awhile. We all wanna play Werewolves within together.

As a Rift owner I'm tempted because of RE7 and Ace Combat 7(if they don't release the VR version on PC) and maybe a couple other games, but I'm having a hard time justifying it with a weaker tracking solution. After having VR for about 6 months, one thing I've realized is that tracking is extremely important, and I honestly can't believe Sony went with such a weak solution in that department when their headset was done so right. Beyond tracking, the move controllers not having analogs is also a big question mark...especially without roomscale, you need analogs for artificial locomotion/turning in motion controlled first person games.

Loudninja

A new game for Playroom as well.

The Playroom VR Updated Today with Free Toy Wars Game
Konnichiwa. This is Nicolas Doucet from Japan Studio. How are you all doing? First things first: Japan Studio and Team ASOBI would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year; one of happiness, harmony, well-being, and a good dose of gaming.

To get off to a great start in 2017, we have a little gift for you! We added a brand new game to The Playroom VR and it's available to download today. Best of all, it's 100% free for all PS VR owners, so do make sure you grab it and give it a try.
The name is Toy Wars. It's a four-player, cooperative, tower defense style game set in a base under the bedroom of our hero. You must shoot and smash waves of enemies coming at you without the VR player getting hit a single time. And as with other games in The Playroom VR, you can play Toy Wars alone in VR or with up to three extra friends helping you on the television. The player wearing the VR headset has different goals and objectives to those playing on the TV.

In Toy Wars, the main VR character is a classic action hero mounted on a swivel chair. The DualShock 4 turns into a Gatling gun so you can shoot the soft plastic bullets like crazy.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/the-playroom-vr-updated-today-with-free-toy-wars-game/

Apples_89

So EB Games is going to sell a bundle which swaps out VR Worlds with a game half the price and charges the exact same - how generous of them!

cakely

This is the bundle you want.

The top one is is the launch bundle, which is what I pre-ordered. VR Worlds is pretty decent, probably it's probably worth $20.

Heh, I just looked on Amazon for the bundle. The third-party gouging is real.

Top Bottom